Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Drasticactions

VIP Member
Thought of the perfect gift for Vicky from Alex! A donation to a charity in her name.

Surely someone as thoughtful and unmaterialistic as her would appreciate that SO much more than a Cartier ring 😘🤗
I second this.

I did this to an ex friend of mine who got married. They were pretty crappy to me despite being a bridesmaid, They were asking for donations for their 10 thousand dollar honeymoon to the Galapagos (after having a 35k wedding paid for by both sets of parents) I instead donated to heifer international in their name and hoped they realized how lucky they were to book the trip and tickets before the wedding even happened (clearly they didn't need the money). Plenty of people who save all their lives can't go to the Galapagos when they retire let alone 28 year old spoiled children. I made sure to write an extra preachy letter with the donation receipt. The best thing is you are helping people and making a materialistic person very unhappy, AND they can't get mad at you or make a fuss bc then it makes them look bad. Triple win in my book (esp if your nasty friend is passive aggressive too)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

deadgirlinside

VIP Member
What did Victoria's parents do for a living? What's wrong with coming from a middle class background, is she disappointed her parents weren't members of the aristocracy? I don't get why she and Lydia are so ashamed of their backgrounds, no one gets to choose theirs.
I'll try my best on explaining things. Please bear with me. I used to work on a digital fashion magazine, then I resigned. I now work on our family business.

For example, Chiara Ferragni came from a wealthy family. Her mother is an author, her dad is an entrepreneur. Same goes to Leonie Hanne. Caroline Daur comes from a political family in Hamburg. Camila Coelho, Evangeline Smyrniotaki came from well-off families.

So, naturally, brands especially luxury ones will find people who can cater to the audience of their brand. Of course, not all of them would want a chav from a small town in Manchester, as it doesn't translate well into their clients.

Of course, they are influencers out there that don't share the same well off background but can speak well for the target audience of the brand. They exude glamour, grace and class; three things Victoria doesn't have.

In fashion houses, Haute Couture week is the most important, since it speaks to the 1% of the world, for the women who can spend more than enough money for a dress or two. These dresses can sustain all workshops at once, and need not rely on the ready to wear, accessories and the things you see in their boutiques.

These brands try to cater all women, if Haute Couture is for the very wealthy, then the boutiques speaks for the women who can certainly spend money. These are career women, who sees luxury as it is: a splurge, a testament to hard work. These women know that these bags are collectibles, and would love to collect these.

And, last but is the least: beauty. These brands see the beauty department as a way to do cater to women of lesser economic standing. Makeup and perfumes are used to entice these women into spending $$ on a lipstick/foundation/eyeshadows to feel good about themselves.

As cruel as it sounds, brands will want to capitalize on this inner desire of these women to belong in the hierarchy of women.

Brands see Victoria as an influencer that caters to the audience of beauty, as she can only reach women who can only buy a lipstick or two during paycheck.

Victoria doesn't cater to the working woman. Sophie Shohet is the classic YT example of the working woman than brands try to connect to. The women of the 1% would likely be horrified if Victoria will be decked out in Haute Couture, as she doesn't represent wealth, grace, power.

Victoria only gets beauty ads now because that's all she can promote on her socials. Her jewelry line flopped. Her Holland Cooper photoshoot was tarnished by Lydia's ego. She stopped getting invites from brands since she left Gleam. She cannot afford to travel unless it's free. She married a man who wishes to bring her down and to obey his every whim.

She's NOW nothing. I really wish I could be sorry for her. Her disdain of her childhood, her family's socioeconomic standing is what makes her ungrateful. Her greed and intense desire to be on the same level as other influencers and to give a big F**K you to those peers she believes that wronged her before made her a shell of her former self.

She will never be contented, as looks at others with eternal envy, because her childhood and socioeconomic background serves as the main hindrance on why she can never make it far. She is envious of her friends who took holidays in different locales during school breaks. She is envious of people who have summer homes, villas and had access to what was on trend that time. She is ashamed of her parents, her family and lack of connections.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Lemonz

VIP Member
She posts about American politics so that she can feel superior to other influencers who dont talk politics and describe herself as 'realy into politics and outspoken' but without any actual risk attached because she's not talking about UK politics so she's not going to piss off Tory owned brands/sponsors etc and risk losing the shit deals she has. I see you Vic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

TheDailyJ

Nothing to do with her latest posts but I havd just seen this reply to a comment on one of her reels and it has made me lose so much respect for her!
Completely missed the point or maybe she just doesn't care!!!

Screenshot_20210128-122131_Instagram.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

deadgirlinside

VIP Member
I think it becomes clear to me and to everyone in the threads that Victoria shares the same chaviness along with the likes of Lydia, Josie and Claire (who is the chaviest out of all of them).

Personally, I feel insecure that most people my age (I'm turning 22 on Monday) can afford Chanel and all those good stuff, when I get my bags at outlet shops- I don't feel ashamed of that, I feel happy cause I know I worked hard for it.

Even though I wish to be born with privilege, I don't blame my parents with the way I grew up, because they taught me to be a humane person and taught know the value of hard work. I thank them for training me for being able to cope up with the demands of the real world, and not to rely on anyone else but myself.

Now, I'm busting my ass off in part time work, and in my Master's degree in Developmental Psychology. It ain't much, but I feel my career will be built with integrity and honesty, 2 things Victoria will never know.

i

• Heart
Reactions: 35

PickleWood

When your other half looks like a character from Trainspotting.

"So many times, my other half, Alex, and I have wandered around luxury houses that I was intending to buy from, and a security guard has followed us because Alex – covered in tattoos, no hair and often in a band T-shirt – doesn’t look like a typical designer-brand wearer"
Having had the misfortune of seeing both of them (once in homesense in Preston, once in selfridges in Manchester) they probably followed him because he walks around glaring at everyone who dares look their way, acting like some sort of menacing body guard. It’s ridiculous! My sister (who had no idea who they were) asked me if I knew him because he was staring absolute daggers at me for standing next to them looking at the same furniture 🤷🏻‍♀️ He genuinely looked so aggressive, I’d probably follow him around too if I was a security guard 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34

E_Greene

View attachment 342137
Does anyone want to give a guess what this emotional chat is about? I don’t think I have the stomach to watch her pretend she has problems....
Ummmmmm 🤔🤔🤔🤔 the dog shit on her Dior blanket? One of the sulky teenagers hair plugs fell out? She had to actually PAY for something? She’s realised that nothing in her house is the ACTUAL dream? 🤔.... She knows that we know that she has a RR and not one of the electric cars she drove for FREE? I’ve got it....Thermomix won’t gift her a freebie, they’re just giving her a 99% PR discount?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

Geranium

VIP Member
I’m slightly annoyed by the latest video. I was partly influenced by Vic to buy a Nespresso which I still have and love. And we recycle the pods. Now she’s saying they’ve moved onto a better and more environmentally friendly bean to cup Siemens which is a bit pricier but the coffee is out of this world and no nasty wasteful pods. That coffee machine retails for around £1700 and was kindly gifted. This is one of the things that bugs me about influencer culture, it can leave those who follow them feeling constantly left behind and inadequate.

Reactions: 33
It must be awful having your son/grandson take his wife’s name! Is that a chav thing?!? I would have nagged my son into the next decade, if he’d even “thought” of doing that! Actually, I’m in Australia and have never heard of husbands abandoning their surnames. I suppose we’ll eventhave Char FearIrons or Char Iron Fear or simply Char Fear 😂 oh how the “mighty” will be made to fall when parasiting an existence.

Maybe it would be simpler if we reversed the title “husband” to “wife” and v-v. Oh! I’m fully for an equitable division of labour. I don’t particularly like “men” to allow themselves to be so publicly castrated. Yep, defaults Char Fear! 😂
Is this a joke? If not, how embarrassing for you to post something like this and expose yourself as having such outdated, sexist views. Regardless of how you feel about the Magraths - I personally can’t stand either of them - I don’t see how someone choosing to take their wife’s name is emasculating or indeed in any way an issue. It would be ‘awful’ to have parents or grandparents who thought they got any say in how you style yourself after marriage!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Heyyy everyone ♥

I’m sorry if this has already been mentioned but I had to come on here to say -

This girl has become SO insufferable. Her tacky tacky complete label-victim “styling” reels when NO ONE IS INTERESTED IN DRESSING LIKE A TART DURING A PANDEMIC, least of all buying £600 Versace bralettes to tackily and tastelessly reveal under some polyester grandfather vest.

Her increasingly synthetic face, and inflatable lips. Those ridiculous eyebrows. And just generally how completely out of touch and self-indulgent and thick her content these days is. I can’t guys. I honestly can’t.

Also - I never in my life thought anyone would be able to make a Balmain dress look like H&M, but Victoria tackorama McGrath has well and truly taken that crown.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I really wish she had been intelligent enough to leave out the part about contributing to the cost of her own Christmas present. Why not pick something that you know is within your husband's budget so it's a real gift? It's like she purposefully goes out of her way to publicly humiliate/emasculate him. It also just makes her look so bloody ungrateful! Like you can't just be happy with what your husband gets you? It has to be something ridiculously expensive and you have to make sure that everyone knows he can't afford it? Just, what kind of relationship is that?

Now I'm absolutely certain that Alex didn't contribute anything to the purchase of the house. He's officially (not that there was too much remaining doubt) a kept man.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Cloak

VIP Member
To me, he's just a boy with no masculine qualities. He dresses like a 15-year-old and doesn't seem to have a discernible personality or opinion on anything. I think it's a shame he doesn't have a career, life or taste of his own, except for dressing like he's in a 2001 Papa Roach video, living in LA 😂 My dislike of him is pretty shallow and surface level haha. His TATTOOS. Don't even get me started. Oh and the hair transplant.

He just cringes me out, living in that house in the 'country' (Deanshangar) and dressing like a nu-metal 15-year old from the early noughties 😂)

• Haha
In today's video she says her folks are gonna come to her place on Christmas Eve and they're probably going to go on a "festive walk with the dogs".

🤡

Now, what the fuck is a festive walk with the dogs? The sheer amount of crap that slithers out of this baboon-arse-mouthed ostrich is uncanny.

• Haha

coriander

VIP Member
So she 'took the husband away for the evening to thank him for a busy and successful year' and it's a fucking PR stay! Being her true cheap self. It's so embarrassing.

• Haha