Inthefrow #7 fashion week reject, PR gifts are life, my biggest achievement is being a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, I’ve never commented on Frows thread before I’ve come over from Lydia Millen’s thread.
I am honestly so angry that Frow and her husband have gone and bought a dachshund and have clearly done zero research on the breed. As a dachshund owner it is beyond infuriating for me to watch her parade this poor pup all over social media and ignoring all of the basic care advice for this particular breed. A lot of her advice is coming from that clown Josie (fashion mumblr). Another one who has done zero research on the breed and whose dogs are in an awful condition. Frow is treating the pup like a fashion accessory and is going to end up encouraging her followers to be just as irresponsible. I’m almost certain she has purchased this puppy from an unlicensed or unregistered breeder there is no way she could have gotten that puppy as quickly as she did if she went through the proper channels.

Sorry for the rant, I am just very passionate when it comes to looking after pets correctly, especially dachshunds as they are a breed close to me heart.
Couldn’t agree more with you. My friend said the same thing to me - she’s been looking for a responsible breeder of dachshunds for months. She’s been to visit so many that are in puppy farms and every time she’s walked away simply because she can’t live with herself getting a dog like that.

It’s obvious that V got him from a puppy mill. I knew this from the second she didn’t show where he was with his mum. Surely the breeders would have been fine with exposure if it was ethical, so I don’t believe it is.

What an absolute witch.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Couldn’t agree more with you. My friend said the same thing to me - she’s been looking for a responsible breeder of dachshunds for months. She’s been to visit so many that are in puppy farms and every time she’s walked away simply because she can’t live with herself getting a dog like that.

It’s obvious that V got him from a puppy mill. I knew this from the second she didn’t show where he was with his mum. Surely the breeders would have been fine with exposure if it was ethical, so I don’t believe it is.

What an absolute witch.
100% agree he’s from a puppy mill or a backyard breeder. To get a puppy like that responsibly would take months and involve a waiting list. Quality breeders really care about the doggies and are very transparent.

Absolute witch indeed. Once again, she’s part of the problem not the solution.

• Sick
Reactions: 10

What an absolute witch.
Exactly this! Most waiting lists are over a year long and responsible breeders will want to create a relationship/friendship with you first before offering you a pup. In the dachshund community the breeder will be a part of your life for the entirety of your pups life, which is a very long time. No responsible breeder would give you a puppy within the first 4 weeks of knowing you especially if it is your first dachshund.
She didn’t even know that puppies need to sleep for most of the day or how to crate train him properly, she just left him to cry all night. Don’t even get me started on them taking him for a walk when he is only a few months old. Plus she immediately changed his food when she bought him home. I feel so sorry for that puppy, the rate they are going he is going to end up with some very unfortunate health problems.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 14

What an absolute witch.
She also hasn’t specifically mentioned where the dog is from and the timeline definitely does not check out for a designer dog.

She also hasn’t specifically mentioned where the dog is from and the timeline definitely does not check out for a designer dog.
I guess it's possible they've been on a waiting list from a reputable breeder for ages, but it seems more like a decision that was made out of lockdown and the subsequent lack of travel. We did all predict it wouldn't be a rescue dog.

Reactions: 7
I'm suprised she hasn't received backlash on her posts about the dog from people asking why she clearly went to a breeder when she bangs on about animal rights etc. Only came to my mind after Katie Snooks got her cat from a breeder - she had loads of comments with people disagreeing with her choice and she doesn't really ever talk about animal rights/environmental issues

Though it wouldn't surprise me if they've had comments and deleted them

Reactions: 11
She has most likely got a recommendation from Josie and considering she has a double dapple dachshund which is a strict no no and no reputable breeder would allow that to happen either. Even the dachshund breed council or kennel club wont recognise a double dapple as they have severe health implications.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
First time poster here.

Does anyone else not remember her stories about 6 weeks or so before she got this poor puppy? Claimed the dream dog they’d always wished for was a golden retriever, it wasn’t until a follower suggested that maybe a smaller dog would be more ideal for them, as they’re forever out of the house at ‘meetings’ and (gifted) appointments and a big dog would be in the way if they took it anywhere (this annoyed me as a large dog owner..) that they started looking into smaller breeds.

Also, they without a doubt bought this poor (but adorable) pup from a mill or the like, they’d be the first to brag if he’d come from a legitimate background.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I guess it's possible they've been on a waiting list from a reputable breeder for ages, but it seems more like a decision that was made out of lockdown and the subsequent lack of travel. We did all predict it wouldn't be a rescue dog.
She originally wanted a golden retriever until she realised it would be too big to bring around London with her. She then followed a dachshund account on instagram and then decided she wanted one of those instead and then boom 2-3 weeks later she has one.

I'm suprised she hasn't received backlash on her posts about the dog from people asking why she clearly went to a breeder when she bangs on about animal rights etc. Only came to my mind after Katie Snooks got her cat from a breeder - she had loads of comments with people disagreeing with her choice and she doesn't really ever talk about animal rights/environmental issues

Though it wouldn't surprise me if they've had comments and deleted them
I thinks it's a really difficult discussion to have as everyone has different opinions regarding rescuing and breeding. Personally I have no issue with reputable breeders, they don't cause an increase in rescue dogs. It's the puppy mills and backyard breeders that cause an increase in the amount of dogs needing to be adopted. A reputable breeder will fully vet a potential buyer, many make you sign contracts with lots of terms and conditions including not being able to breed the dog. A reputable breeder will always take the dog back or help you find a suitable home if your circumstances change and you can no longer have the dog. Puppy mills however just sell to whomever is willing to pay the ridiculous prices they are charging. Zero aftercare and if something goes wrong you are on your own.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It’s disturbing to me why anyone buys a dog like this THAT ARE NOT BRED RESPONSIBLY. I have a ragdoll cat (which can be ridiculously expensive and are seen as a “higher end” breed in the cat world) but we literally searched for the better part of 6 months to find a breeder that was: a) responsible; b) not shilling the poor mumma cat; c) loved their cat and took amazing care of them and the litter and we found that in a lovely woman who insisted that she kept our boy until he was at least 10 weeks so she could make sure he was fully weaned, fleaed and wormed before she handed him over to my partner and I.

I digress, but the point is as someone above raised it: she seems to have jumped on the dachshund bandwagon because “they’re cute”. Every dog is amazing in my eyes, and they all deserve all the love and adoration in the world. To simply buy a dog for content, which is what she has done here, is beyond disturbing. Also, as someone else has said, the timeline just doesn’t check out. Most Dachshund breeders will want to meet with you, get to know you and make sure their puppies are the best fit. We know of one breeder to us that has 4 dogs for this very reason: two are her pets that she breeds and two were puppies that she ended up keeping due to not feeling comfortable with selling them.

I know people with Dachshunds who have spent thousands on vet bills because of their numerous back and leg complaints, who admit that they’re cute but also ridiculously expensive to own because of these problems. That will only intensify because she’s got a miniature.

Also what the duck was she thinking taking her puppy for a walk?!?!?! You don’t walk them until they’re FULLY vaccinated!!!! 😡😡😡

• Angry
Reactions: 14
A little doubt... Didn't Tanya and now ex got Martha just about the end of their marriage? Or when things were downhill in their marriage.. Wonder in Vic and rat boy are already hating each other.

I was thinking if we all report the puppy insta account instagram might shut it down.

Not defending Frow at all but I remember a video a few years ago where she said a dachshund was her dream dog and NOT because another famous influencer had one. This was right around the time Tanya and Jim got Martha who is now MIA.

Reactions: 1
She originally wanted a golden retriever until she realised it would be too big to bring around London with her. She then followed a dachshund account on instagram and then decided she wanted one of those instead and then boom 2-3 weeks later she has one.

I thinks it's a really difficult discussion to have as everyone has different opinions regarding rescuing and breeding. Personally I have no issue with reputable breeders, they don't cause an increase in rescue dogs. It's the puppy mills and backyard breeders that cause an increase in the amount of dogs needing to be adopted. A reputable breeder will fully vet a potential buyer, many make you sign contracts with lots of terms and conditions including not being able to breed the dog. A reputable breeder will always take the dog back or help you find a suitable home if your circumstances change and you can no longer have the dog. Puppy mills however just sell to whomever is willing to pay the ridiculous prices they are charging. Zero aftercare and if something goes wrong you are on your own.
Oh yes definitely - I personally agree with you on that 100%. Just seems a bit suspect how quickly they got the dog and that they've had no one ask where they got it from etc! If they have gone to someone like you've described then it would be helpful to some people to hear the process and any future support they'd get from the breeder. I can just see then policing the comments on topics like that.

Reactions: 7
Oh yes definitely - I personally agree with you on that 100%. Just seems a bit suspect how quickly they got the dog and that they've had no one ask where they got it from etc! If they have gone to someone like you've described then it would be helpful to some people to hear the process and any future support they'd get from the breeder. I can just see then policing the comments on topics like that.
100% it’s absolutely necessary to have contact with someone such as your responsible breeder to help you out and tell you those random things you wouldn’t think of. For example when I got my first dachshund I had no idea that they shouldn’t be taken for walks longer than 5 minutes when they are 12 weeks old, 30 minutes by 6 months and 45 minutes by the time they are a year. Once they are fully grown they can walk for as long as you want but when they are still growing you can cause all sorts of problems that you don’t realise until they are older if you over walk them.

Reactions: 8
Not defending Frow at all but I remember a video a few years ago where she said a dachshund was her dream dog and NOT because another famous influencer had one. This was right around the time Tanya and Jim got Martha who is now MIA.
This girl has said multiple dogs are her dream. Also, if she did get him ethically she would have been screaming about it. That tells me he’s from a puppy mill. Just such a horrible way to bring a dog into the world - forcibly impregnated mums who are churned out constantly until they can’t have any more puppies. It’s so unbelievably cruel.

The fact she’s using him for ads is the bit that makes me the most cross. Some will probably think I’m being ridiculous, but he’s a dog. How can he be used as a prop to sell things, in an ethical sense? How can V seriously think that it’s going to revolutionise her sales?

You can also tell she’s extremely inexperienced... such as taking him for walks when he’s still too small and clearly hasn’t received all of his vaccinations to protect him, leaving him to cry all night, changing his food as soon as he’s moved in etc. She’s got him just as a toy to help boost her sales and for that, she’s a grade A wanker who doesn’t deserve a dog.

Reactions: 16
I’m bloody livid 😤 I sincerely hope they donated the Pets at Home massive box of toys to a local animal rescue....I will never shop there again. Did anyone else notice a shift in the grumpy teenager’s personality in this flog? He’s either on crack or trying desperately to appear likeable to brands....so upbeat guyyyyssssssss 🙄 🤮

I’m bloody livid 😤 I sincerely hope they donated the Pets at Home massive box of toys to a local animal rescue....I will never shop there again. Did anyone else notice a shift in the grumpy teenager’s personality in this flog? He’s either on crack or trying desperately to appear likeable to brands....so upbeat guyyyyssssssss 🙄 🤮
My tinfoil is that Ali and Charlie talked him into being an influencer himself, and he's now trying. That's what we all needed, another one of those fools.

:ROFLMAO: at Alex using half a bottle of bath salts. He really is like her child but also she's an idiot for buying 25 pound bath salts. You know Epsom salts are cheap af right Vicky?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I thought she said the US election was giving her anxiety and sleep psychosis therefore she had to take a week off? Turns out her Chicago friend insisted on it because she’s been so busy (busy my ass) 💩🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.