Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Monkeymagic85

Chatty Member
This series is by far the worst that there has been including the first season presented by Fearne (who wasn’t as good as Alan). I think the general standard of designers is lower this year, no one comes close to Banjo. Was really disappointed in Jack’s design this week, I actually thought it was poor - only good bit was the ceiling. They should definitely let us know what the clients think, I’d be intrigued what Monica’s clients thought as they did ask for a gin club and to be honest I think she did meet that brief. I used to like Michelle and her outfits but she’s off this series as well as others have mentioned.

I’m hoping it’s just a blip and the next series (assuming there is one) will be much better 🤞
I loved Banjo, he was amazing!

I agree about Jack, previous weeks I’ve been like wow he’s how old, don’t know what he was thinking, he wasn’t designing a swimming pool, the blue was too much in a tiny space!

You’re right Monica did meet the brief I also like the fact that despite her own choices of gothic and black she resists the urge to go with her tastes, unlike Mr Ibiza who’s name I never remember 😂

Love Alan he’s a dream

Reactions: 3

Dianne

Chatty Member
Only just started watching the new episode. All I’m going to say is rope kitchen door handles 🤢. How gross, how unhygienic.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Also if I asked for Scandi (which personally I really like) I’d be annoyed by the Japan theme overriding that.
The judges didn’t mention that he went off brief nor did Alan when talking to Michelle and Mary at the end!
---
McQueens went up for sale last year but the photos all were from before the make over and they are still posting on instagram so I guess they took it off the market?

Dizzy

VIP Member
Yeah agreed I thought Joanne's was shit - just a every Instagram trend chucked at it.

Mark81

VIP Member
My mistake ( forgot they said that 🤦🏻‍♀️) but let’s face it who thinks in your face colours is the way to go when appealing to future renters tbh. I’d be more inclined to see the contestants show future renters how to make the most of a small space.
Oh yeah the bright colours are definitely the wrong way to go. I can see it being Ben, Francesa and the other girl who is doing green on the sofa.

Panstickpinkie

I think in some cases they use places due for a refurb anyway so they can do them up but then they'll get refurbished how the business actually wants them. I think the hotel last year was completely redone and wasn't one of the clubs from last year's final completely changed? They get such a tiny budget to the deficit of the designs.

It's like they squeezed the wedding theme in this week. It doesn't make sense having a bridal and a groom lodge right next to each other.
The venues get all free advertising and visitors to see how bad it looks in Irl!

doodahday

Looking at instagram, it looks like Jack's pub have got rid of the velvet bar and stripped the black floors back to wood. The wood floors look a lot better!

House of Tea

VIP Member
Michelle seems one removed from life IYSWIM.

Alan doesn’t seem to be doing as much this time. Not masses of interaction with the contestants.

I am not enjoying this series as much.

gimm3more

VIP Member
I'm sure we saw the shop owners see their spaces, the clothes shop owner appeared delighted and the crystal shop owner looked like he was mentally adding up what it would cost to out right ?
Oh did they come back?? I don’t really remember the end bit but deffo remember the cafe owners!

Luna252

VIP Member
I think it’s Ben & Francesca on the sofa this week. Fingers crossed Francesca goes 🤞

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I wonder what the cost of keeping all the sheepskin out on display will be. It’s one thing to encourage people to stroke and smoosh it … it’s another having people stroke and smoosh it when you want to sell it.

gimm3more

VIP Member
Didn't alot of the shops end up closing anyway? I could be getting mixed up with Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares instead where all the restaurants still shut down 😄

.I recently rewatched the documentary series about Lily Allan's vintage shop after it was posted on the LA thread. Mary's good in it. It's available on YouTube
I think so - usually (as with Kitchen Nightmares, the Hotel Inspector etc) these places can’t make up the financials despite the help they get with refurbs, advice

Tide'sout

Temi should believe in herself more.

Loved the art deco divers on the ceiling but did he spend too much time on them 🤔

I think guy with silly big wardrobe should have gone.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Although I liked Jack, on reflection she has a style that is somewhat unique, if niche. She would have to rein her taste in to meet a client’s brief but presumably a client would know what they were in for from her portfolio.

Jack seems to absorb ideas from Instagram and deploy them with aplomb. But strictly speaking that isn’t being a designer/innovative.
---
I was at the beach huts from the older series yesterday, only 2 are still the same as on the show.
Interesting. The quality of the makeover as well as the aesthetics would have a lot to do with that. You see it on this series too.