Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mark81

VIP Member
This is one of my favourite shows! Enjoyed the first episode, it was quite obvious who was going to get sent home I thought.
Really? I thought the other guy might have gone. She's been forgiving on not finishing before.

Great to have it back though

Reactions: 3

Dizzy

VIP Member
Who was Cassie? I don't remember her. I agree that they should give it a bit of a shake up. I think Michelle is rubbish - she constantly contradicts herself and we're never given any background on why we should be listening to what she says anyway - what is her experience in interior design? I agree that Matthew Williamson would be great.

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
How Peter is still there is a total mystery! Really liking Tom’s personality this week.

Rosie glow

VIP Member
There's too much waffle tonight thought I would watch live as its the final but wish I had recorded it and ff the waffle

JulesC

VIP Member
Yes it was this.

View attachment 2096608

From 2014 - 17 apparently.
I remember the contestants were also given an item each week, such as a boring lampshade or vase, which they had to upscale and incorporate into their design.
Michelle was involved as a judge sometimes.
Ah never saw that. Interesting that they went from two judges to just one. I know they have the guest judges on but Michelle doesn’t really listen to them.

Crumpet41

VIP Member
Michelle has done this a couple of times now. She did it with the woman who went out over the Indian zoo room (sorry can't remember her name).
'Well the others admitted they made mistakes, you haven't so obviously can't be a team player so are out'. Whether Michelle was right or wrong in that case is beside the point, but there has to be more to the decision than basically a reprimand for your manners or personality ie refusing to just back down when you think you are right.
Fed up with Michelle being a judge tbh. She's so flaky.
Maybe there was but it wasn’t shown . In any case I agree Michelle is a flaky judge.
---
I find it funny when they bring Nisha in to judge the restaurant/cafe tasks because I’ve been to Mowgli and whilst the food is beautiful those swing seats are the most uncomfortable things I’ve ever sat on
Plus one - I am of the same opinion. Amazing food but uncomfortable seating ( ans whilst it looks pretty with the fairy lights it didn’t feel “ welcoming”)

gimm3more

VIP Member
I agree, it feels like this series has somewhat lost its way and success each week is up to the vagaries of Michelle and her very inconsistent approach. The final felt very flat to me and somehow lacking in energy or enthusiasm.
In other news Domnal has explained why he wasn't there 🤣
“Smart swag design” is he 12 years old

Timz

VIP Member
I’d like to see more “old skool” designers as guest judges like Kelly Hoppen (although the colour taupe and greige have been overdone) and dare I say it Jeff Banks - I still have those Ports of Call curtains from his home furnishings range 😆

President_Butthead

I'm really enjoying this show, watching it live. The first one without Paul. I'm rooting for Amy. She's been a slow burn. Banjo is a great designer too.

JulesC

VIP Member
I’m gutted, Banjo’s show isn’t on iPlayer yet for some reason. Will have to try and catch it live on Wednesday. I was all settled last night with a cuppa and an Easter egg ready for some Sunday night comfort viewing 🤣

Mark81

VIP Member
Feels that way
I just can't see anything bad he is doing yet, compared to the others anyway.

I'd have thought this week would be more in his area
---
Ben's bedroom is bright, but the storage solution is very good.
---
Francescas wavey lines are awful

OK Matt that screen looks a bit shit
---
Matts looks a bit crowded
---
Yeah Anthony's won this week. It's come out well

Last edited:

petitspois

VIP Member
It was obvious as they had paired the two shonky ones together. It would have been really unfair to pair a good one with a bad and then make them both go home.