Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Makeovers aside, the actual lodges looked a bit shabby and didn't exactly scream luxury wedding
I think in some cases they use places due for a refurb anyway so they can do them up but then they'll get refurbished how the business actually wants them. I think the hotel last year was completely redone and wasn't one of the clubs from last year's final completely changed? They get such a tiny budget to the deficit of the designs.

It's like they squeezed the wedding theme in this week. It doesn't make sense having a bridal and a groom lodge right next to each other.

Reactions: 7
I think in some cases they use places due for a refurb anyway so they can do them up but then they'll get refurbished how the business actually wants them. I think the hotel last year was completely redone and wasn't one of the clubs from last year's final completely changed? They get such a tiny budget to the deficit of the designs.

It's like they squeezed the wedding theme in this week. It doesn't make sense having a bridal and a groom lodge right next to each other.
Yeah, that makes sense. Especially when so much about the designs are unworkable or have health and safety issue for businesses (someone already mentioned the plywood splashbacks)

Reactions: 4

The venues get all free advertising and visitors to see how bad it looks in Irl!

Reactions: 3
Completely agree about Jack losing his confidence but it should be addressed as to why. A designer shouldn’t become less confident in their skills as the competition progresses. Especially with expert ‘advice’ from Michelle. I think Tom could be the winner. Temi’s was awful! How could she not cover the tiles?! That swing. All of it. Than Monica’s outside space. She didn’t do anything but they loved it? Wtf?! 🫤

Reactions: 11
Jack seems to have crumpled. It’s odd. I know he was close to that influencer with the glasses, he seems to have got less sure of himself since she went.

It often happens in these shows though, the ones good at the start and who seem obvious winners start to lose steam nearer the end.

Reactions: 2
I thought Tom's was the best and the right person went but I just don't understand how they can say they want champagne but give them lemonade money. None of the designs ever look luxury

I think it would make much more sense to increase the budget but say there has too be two DIY elements if that is what they are after.

Michelle needs to be replaced she is constantly contradicting herself.

I think the right person went this week, but Monique probably should have left in previous weeks.

Reactions: 6
I think it would make much more sense to increase the budget but say there has too be two DIY elements if that is what they are after.

Michelle needs to be replaced she is constantly contradicting herself.

I think the right person went this week, but Monique probably should have left in previous weeks.
I think Matthew Williamson would be good - if they could get him.
Michelle is frustrating. All the 'I don't want cliché' then approves when the designer does clichés saying they've understood their surroundings and 'given a little nod to it' eg Temi hanging a fishing net in the beach hut.
Also saying people should design out of their comfort zones, but when they do she questions why they haven't played to their strengths.
Her mixed messages and judging must make the designers feel quite wrongfooted a lot of the time.

Reactions: 17
Agree that different/more judges would be better but is it not Michelle’s show though? I assume she came up with the idea as it’s so heavily based around her and her studio? Not sure how it works but that’s how it’s always felt to me.

Reactions: 2
Agree that different/more judges would be better but is it not Michelle’s show though? I assume she came up with the idea as it’s so heavily based around her and her studio? Not sure how it works but that’s how it’s always felt to me.
I assumed that the studio was actually a TV set.

No, this had two judges originally and went by a slightly different name. It's been around for a number of years

It is actually filmed in a university near where she lives, not her studio. She lives in Brighton, but she he doesn’t seem to have a studio there. I think her studio is probably her back bedroom!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No, this had two judges originally and went by a slightly different name. It's been around for a number of years
Yes it was this.

Screenshot_20230413_070757.jpg

From 2014 - 17 apparently.
I remember the contestants were also given an item each week, such as a boring lampshade or vase, which they had to upscale and incorporate into their design.
Michelle was involved as a judge sometimes.

Yes it was this.

View attachment 2096608

From 2014 - 17 apparently.
I remember the contestants were also given an item each week, such as a boring lampshade or vase, which they had to upscale and incorporate into their design.
Michelle was involved as a judge sometimes.
Ah never saw that. Interesting that they went from two judges to just one. I know they have the guest judges on but Michelle doesn’t really listen to them.

Michelle is seemingly held in high esteem in the industry. But as a tv personality, she’s too milksop.
---
I wonder how Alan got that job. He is friends with Kelly Hoppen - they have been on several holidays together. Amanda Holden is a mate of hers too.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.