Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just catching up w ep 1 - i've actually started an interior design degree in the past year so it's weird how differently i'm looking at their rooms already. obsessed with tom, he *really* reminds me of adrian from mafs

Reactions: 3
Im glad this show is back! Really enjoyed the first episode.
I think the candidates this year have very good taste and skills. Tight head-to-head race in the first episode!

Reactions: 1
Love this programme but I can't warm to Michelle whatshername. I find her SO patronising and her overly gLaMoUrOuS outfits bug me much more than they should 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Finally found a thread on this show! I love it! Those sequins on Michelle 🪩, she is fabulous and great to follow on Insta, very much a de-influencer, up cycling, recycling, it’s refreshing to have on my feed. I think Alan always gets it right between pointing out the obvious and making a joke about it “Ooooh a rusty pole!” Etc and is a far better presenter for the show than Fearne Cotton was in season 1. Its such a feel good show, I always enjoy it.

I don’t know if anyone else has been looking at the contestants on Insta, there’s too many to snoop on at the moment but Joanne the “content creator” came across as quite bitter this week on her stories, essentially not agreeing with the feedback she got and not understanding it wasn’t cohesive. I’m always curious how “content creators” do on this show, they’re no match for people with design experience. Plonking on a few vases of pampas grass and a bit of paint isn’t design. Who remembers that guy from last year who was known on Insta just for using loads of crazy paint?! He went on the first week LOL.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah agreed I thought Joanne's was tit - just a every Instagram trend chucked at it.

Reactions: 3
I like the guy who did the extended headboard and raffia wallpaper.

I thought the family friendly flat was definitely the worse!

Though there wasn’t an outstanding design it works better when it’s the individual skills.
I wish I could do upholstery… skill envy 🤔

Reactions: 4
Finally found a thread on this show! I love it! Those sequins on Michelle 🪩, she is fabulous and great to follow on Insta, very much a de-influencer, up cycling, recycling, it’s refreshing to have on my feed. I think Alan always gets it right between pointing out the obvious and making a joke about it “Ooooh a rusty pole!” Etc and is a far better presenter for the show than Fearne Cotton was in season 1. Its such a feel good show, I always enjoy it.

I don’t know if anyone else has been looking at the contestants on Insta, there’s too many to snoop on at the moment but Joanne the “content creator” came across as quite bitter this week on her stories, essentially not agreeing with the feedback she got and not understanding it wasn’t cohesive. I’m always curious how “content creators” do on this show, they’re no match for people with design experience. Plonking on a few vases of pampas grass and a bit of paint isn’t design. Who remembers that guy from last year who was known on Insta just for using loads of crazy paint?! He went on the first week LOL.
I really like Alan too. He is so warm and funny. As this looks like it was filmed in the summer I presume he was also doing up the Sicilian place with Amanda Holden at the same time, so had his own interior design project going on.

Reactions: 8
I really like Alan too. He is so warm and funny. As this looks like it was filmed in the summer I presume he was also doing up the Sicilian place with Amanda Holden at the same time, so had his own interior design project going on.
I haven’t watched that but someone mentioned it this week, think I’ll have to give it a go! You’re right, warm is the word. He’s got such an infectious presence on the contestants, they always laugh and smile around him.

Reactions: 6
That Joanne content creator was asked by the BBC to be on it. She tried out for it last year, wasn’t picked. They asked her back this year.

Reactions: 4
Also love Alan on the show. I was a big fan of series one but he’s much better than Fearne.

I took my family on a holiday to Hebden Bridge a couple of years ago because I’d seen it on Interior Design masters (the final 4 were doing up a restaurant and cafe in pairs). We visited the places they had done up 🤣

Reactions: 9
I often walk past the pet shop and camera shop they did up in The Paintiles in Tunbridge Wells.

I did feel the excess of green was a bit much and unoriginal. Green...for environmentally friendly...

3oxQNDG9BswdLjN8Va.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I often walk past the pet shop and camera shop they did up in The Paintiles in Tunbridge Wells.
Are they still the same? I know someone who owns one of the beach huts they did and the quality apparently wasn’t great, it had to all be redone soon afterwards.

The right person absolutely went today. The design was shocking. Did anyone else notice the terrible finish too? Who covers the cost to redecorate? That definitely needed it.

Reactions: 17
The right person absolutely went today. The design was shocking. Did anyone else notice the terrible finish too? Who covers the cost to redecorate? That definitely needed it.
Agree. The others who ended up on the sofa didn’t deserve to go home anyway. I always wonder if the client doesn’t like it, does the tv show have to change it for them. There must be something in the contract about that.

Reactions: 5
That was hands down the worst design I’ve seen on Interior Design Masters 😂 The colour! The materials! Absolute crap! Fully deserved to go.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.