Instamums #3 Egos inflating as differing opinions are disregarded as hating

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ thay are all at the spice girls tonight. Can you imagine turning up to your seats and finding that bunch of idiots in front of you!

Reactions: 1
Christ thay are all at the spice girls tonight. Can you imagine turning up to your seats and finding that bunch of idiots in front of you!
I’m a grumpy old git so anyone turning up at a Spice Women gig deserves all they get 😉

Reactions: 6
Selfish Mother, who has posted numerous times about business being difficult and recently had to close her bricks and mortar shop, is swanning off to Ibiza on her own despite only having been in Ibiza with her family a matter of weeks ago.

Turns out it’s “perfectly possible to book a flight and an AirB&B for one and take oneself on holiday just because”.

Well... sure. It’s possible if you have loads of money and someone else at home full time to take care of the children. Is it perfectly possible for ME to do the same? Is it bollocks.

I am so close to hitting unfollow. Can’t believe I used to like her/the brand.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Selfish Mother, who has posted numerous times about business being difficult and recently had to close her bricks and mortar shop, is swanning off to Ibiza on her own despite only having been in Ibiza with her family a matter of weeks ago.

Turns out it’s “perfectly possible to book a flight and an AirB&B for one and take oneself on holiday just because”.

Well... sure. It’s possible if you have loads of money and someone else at home full time to take care of the children. Is it perfectly possible for ME to do the same? Is it bollocks.

Hahah my eyes literally bulged out when I saw that post! I couldn’t help but think wow this is so far from a normal reality. Good for her if she has the financial capability and support system to do it, but I felt like I was reading it out of a Conde Nast traveller magazine based on the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Not someone who just closed their physical store.

Not sure how long I’ll follower after this. Remember when she forgot to pay her road tax and her and the car were stuck in different places. That’s just wayyyy too removed and flippant for me to understand.

Reactions: 4
I know it’s beggars belief !! Do they think followers don’t have a memory

I’m not lucky to be where I am we worked hard to get there. That’s not to say people who aren’t there don’t work hard. Sometimes it’s about the brakes you catch on the way. What I do object to is the way themiddle class white Label is used almost as an insult
You’d be more at home on the Clemmies Insta comments babes!!
No words!
A 14?!!!

Especially when they are all on freebies when you have paid a fortune for your ticket! Dance for the camera ladies

Reactions: 3
Not sure how long I’ll follower after this. Remember when she forgot to pay her road tax and her and the car were stuck in different places. That’s just wayyyy too removed and flippant for me to understand.
Haha, she did sound very flippant about triggering a complete disaster. Wasn’t the car clamped/towed in Leicester, meaning she was stranded and had to pay for trains home? Then another train back to Leicester when she was able to retrieve the car? 😆

I was wrong about her being in Ibiza a few weeks ago. It was somewhere in Greece #gifted. She was in Ibiza in April.

I saw them all at the spice girls. MOD, DBHF and a scummy mummy all jumping and gurning for the camera the people in the row behind looked really hacked off! Inpo was in some “VIP” area also showing off and basically saying “look at meeeeeee”. Pathetic.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I LOVED the instragram reference on Killing Eve - did anyone see it?

Villanelle at a table in Amsterdam drinking coffee looking incredible. Girl comes up asking “can I take your picture for my Instagram?” Villanelle scoffs and replies “Of course not. Lame! Get a proper life”

I laughed and thought of these ridiculous instamums

• Haha
Reactions: 21

They just have no clue what life is actually like for the majority of us. And they think they’re so relatable

Reactions: 7
its the companies that give away all this free stuff that need to have a rethink! Hands up who has bought something because someone was gifted it on Instagram.

There’s stuff I wouldn’t buy on principle because I’ve seen freebie chasing blagging IG Mamas advertising the products.

Reactions: 3
Hill and Friends ( not that I could ever afford a £££ bag)
Gousto
Hello Fresh.
Martinhal
Destinology
Herringbone Kitchens ( again , out of my price range)

I’m sure there was a thread like this around somewhere.

Some things are out of my price range or not to my taste, but I actively avoid Joules and Boden now and have been put off The White Company and Loaf (but still really like the products so hard to boycott totally). I would never get Hello Fresh again (or Gousto) as they’ve gone so insane giving many free meals to women who can well afford them. I hadn’t heard of Neilson holidays before but after the Meldrum things would never use them. I had been considering Martinhal but was also put off them by the freebies.

My main problem is with people not declaring ads honestly (and brands which seem to be complicit or who turn a blind eye to this - e.g. Nielson) but in fact I also don’t like brands who do a lot of sponsorship with a lot of instamums. It just starts to make me feel like an idiot for paying for my things when so many people aren’t, and also makes me start to feel like the products are too ‘fashionable’ or same-y.

It feels very different from traditional advertising. The fact that often, instamums are paid to advertise AND get a free product just feels like insult added to injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Also Bloom and Wild. Anelli Bush showed a room full of ‘bits’ she had been sent. She can afford to buy her kid clothes she should be donating all that stuff to people who can’t.

Watching Wine Country on Netflix can’t watch it without thinking Ana Gasteyer is Finlay Fox she’s her doppleganger twin!
Does anyone actually watch their stories anymore? Like villanelle says “lame”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.