Instamums #3 Egos inflating as differing opinions are disregarded as hating

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting blog posts from A Life to Style mentioned above, lots of points I agree with and some good ideas. I would have appreciated more decent discounts or incentives for ACTUAL PAYING CUSTOMERS rather than seeing freebies given to influencers, although as I said upthread and as other posters have also indicated, at the moment I’m actively avoiding companies that use influencers, now that (most of the time) I can see who is giving the ad/gift/press discount/etc. When I think of how long they were getting us to “swipe up” without telling us about their cookies and commission, my blood still boils!

This and also I unfollowed most of the sellers. I did this as I was so suspicious of their posts that I wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: 2
Interesting blog posts from A Life to Style mentioned above, lots of points I agree with and some good ideas. I would have appreciated more decent discounts or incentives for ACTUAL PAYING CUSTOMERS rather than seeing freebies given to influencers, although as I said upthread and as other posters have also indicated, at the moment I’m actively avoiding companies that use influencers, now that (most of the time) I can see who is giving the ad/gift/press discount/etc. When I think of how long they were getting us to “swipe up” without telling us about their cookies and commission, my blood still boils!
They used to offer discounts back in the day but most don’t care now they have huge follower numbers. I would never ever book a holiday through Destinology on a point of principle. It’s one thing to pay £50 for a dress that a blogger has been gifted. Quite another to pay £20k+ on a holiday that they get for pretty much free. I looked up the cost on Destinology of just one week in the Maldives for my family of 5 - £25,293. And all the extras they get thrown in (spa treatments, boat trips, private chef lessons) would all be £££ on top for ordinary plebs.

Reactions: 7
They used to offer discounts back in the day but most don’t care now they have huge follower numbers. I would never ever book a holiday through Destinology on a point of principle. It’s one thing to pay £50 for a dress that a blogger has been gifted. Quite another to pay £20k+ on a holiday that they get for pretty much free. I looked up the cost on Destinology of just one week in the Maldives for my family of 5 - £25,293. And all the extras they get thrown in (spa treatments, boat trips, private chef lessons) would all be £££ on top for ordinary plebs.
Wasn’t MODs to St Lucia £55k to purchase? Sod that, gifting those entitled muppets.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Wasn’t MODs to St Lucia £55k to purchase? Sod that, gifting those entitled muppets.
Christ! That’s mental. And they’ll be asking a couple of weeks later “does anyone know where I can get a [rug/sideboard/other high end item]” because they have apparently lost all ability to use the internet. And they wonder why they get flack.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What I find odd is that they base their business model on being relatable. The whole, I’m like you, helps them sell things to people.

But yet I just don’t know anyone like them all in real life. I know no one who spends all day trying clothes on or fussing about what bronzer to use. I know no one who takes everything so seriously as they do. Eg, having a break from alcohol? That becomes ‘being sober’. Both parents working long hours and having to manage childcare tightly? That
Becomes ‘tag teaming’
It’s all so pretentious

I love clothes, make up and all that sort of lovely stuff. I’m very lucky to earn enough money to buy things from places like Whistles, Sezanne and space NK.

But I cannot imagine my whole day being about stuff that is essentially pretty frivolous. Surely the likes of DMBLF, Chloelovestoshop and Luludumas must question themselves? Every now and again they must reflect on the fact they their sum contributions are whether to buy a new maxi dress or get a facial? Tragic!
I feel the same way. I really love fashion and used to think being an influencer must be a dream job but I couldn't focus on this stuff - fluff all day. I'd go mad.

I see Dmbl40 was straight back of her holiday and selling. Hello Fresh to start off and now a fur coat from the White Company. She is gushing away about how fabulous it is. I was watching her stories about Zara the other day. She really likes to stick the knife in about their stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I saw that re Dmbl40 too. Just off the plane from a luxury holiday and yet still getting more free stuff. It’s just not normal or relatable at all

I feel the same way. I really love fashion and used to think being an influencer must be a dream job but I couldn't focus on this stuff - fluff all day. I'd go mad.

I see Dmbl40 was straight back of her holiday and selling. Hello Fresh to start off and now a fur coat from the White Company. She is gushing away about how fabulous it is. I was watching her stories about Zara the other day. She really likes to stick the knife in about their stuff.
Zara don't gift or do ads so she's free to say what she really feels without fear of losing out on £.

Reactions: 12
Luludumas on the beg for for a sequin dress from needle and thread on her stories. Says she loves it but cannot justify the cost.

Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that that brand has gifted a few dresses to other instamums at all is it Lulu?

Why share that other than to beg? If I see a dress I like on line and can’t afford it I don’t feel the need to post that on Instagram.

Shameless begging!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I can’t get my head around it. When did it become ok to beg for free stuff? It’s so embarrassing!

Reactions: 9
I can’t get my head around it. When did it become ok to beg for free stuff? It’s so embarrassing!
You’re incorrect about Zara (previous message) they (Inditex) have recently run paid partnerships and gifting rounds. I think what you mean is they don’t have an affiliate scheme.

isnt it ...DLAM was filming herself browsing in some local sustainable clothes shop few days back (lowie) and loe and behold yesterday shes wearing a kindly gifted jumper from them in her grid post ...its £149 on their website! as my Nan would say theyve got the cheek of old Nick!
i can just imagine going into a local clothes shop and trying this...i would imagine the response would start and end in an F!

I stand corrected then, they never used to.
If they do it now, it's definitely a recent change. The fashun huns used to complain quite a bit that Zara didn't do stuff like that, bit of a dilema for most of them as Zara try ons and hauls do bring high viewing figures on You Tube, but they'd have to purchase it all themselves.

Reactions: 1
Luludumas on the beg for for a sequin dress from needle and thread on her stories. Says she loves it but cannot justify the cost.

Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that that brand has gifted a few dresses to other instamums at all is it Lulu?

Why share that other than to beg? If I see a dress I like on line and can’t afford it I don’t feel the need to post that on Instagram.

Shameless begging!
Does she not see how this looks? So grasping and greedy. If that hadn’t occurred to her I would respectively suggest she is in the wrong industry.

Reactions: 3
Does she not see how this looks? So grasping and greedy. If that hadn’t occurred to her I would respectively suggest she is in the wrong industry.
She knows exactly what she's doing, she's tagged the brand hoping they will see. Take Instagram out of the equation and she may as well walk into one of their shops, take a dress to the counter and ask if she can have it for free in a 'Don't you know who I am?' way.

Reactions: 8
If they do it now, it's definitely a recent change. The fashun huns used to complain quite a bit that Zara didn't do stuff like that, bit of a dilema for most of them as Zara try ons and hauls do bring high viewing figures on You Tube, but they'd have to purchase it all themselves.
It started in May, though none of the influencers these threads target are people Zara work with. They go for editorial style feeds

I cancelled my Hello Fresh subscription after that.

I had had my Hello Fresh subscription paused for ages but eventually cancelled it after MoD and FoD got vast quantities of free meals on it. I filled in the reason for my unsubscribing being because I was sick of subsidising free meals for people richer than me, and that I’d rather any free meals went to people who needed them.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.