Instamums #3 Egos inflating as differing opinions are disregarded as hating

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought this was very awkward, especially how excited she was to see what 'toff' is going to do on her show. I mean I get it, it's money and all but would she watch these programmes if she was not getting paid?
I agree. I think there’s a massive difference between ads that are a natural fit to the influencer, and sit well with the rest of their content - compared to then these awkward fake ones which are clearly just for the money regardless of what the item is! It’s like the Flora ad - so awkward and staged. I know they’re all in it to make money, but is a little bit of credibility and integrity too much to ask?! 🙈

Reactions: 5
You could not make it up 🤣 so DMBL40 is on her amazing “press-discounted” Caribbean holiday . . . . now doing an advert from her balcony for random TV channel Wtv?!?? What the actual?! Like just enjoy your holiday?! 🙄🙄🙄
At the same time PTWM is doing an advert for this channel..... Lower/middle to middle classes covered.

Reactions: 2
So DLAM is going to the press night for MOD's new heart-shaped hoop earrings. Instagram has become a parody of itself!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When is this jerk circle going to end?! You’re right frustrated, it’s become a parody!

Reactions: 5
Not one of the instamums mentioned yesterday the tragic story of the 39 people found dead in the back of a lorry in Essex.

I’m not suggesting that are responsible for providing us with detailed updates on the news. But for a group of people that propose to be all about ‘being kind’ and ‘compassionate’ you would think they would make a small reference. Using their ‘platform’ for good for once.

Reactions: 8
Not one of the instamums mentioned yesterday the tragic story of the 39 people found dead in the back of a lorry in Essex.

I’m not suggesting that are responsible for providing us with detailed updates on the news. But for a group of people that propose to be all about ‘being kind’ and ‘compassionate’ you would think they would make a small reference. Using their ‘platform’ for good for once.
I often think this. They are in the main totally vacuous and self-absorbed. Only ‘fashionable’ (not how I see it but I suspect they do) tragedies are worthy of their attention, eg. the burning down of Notre Dame or #prayforParis or #jesuischarlie. But if there is a terrorist attack in Turkey or the Middle East then not a peep. If there’s a bandwagon to be jumped on like mental health they’re straight in there. It’s all so fake and calculating.

Reactions: 11
Is manifesting the new buzz word? Is it just code for I’m busy trying to line up more freebies that you plebs will actually have to cough up over the odds for,

SMS’s latest post, ciggie in hand, half dressed as per and busy “manifesting”. The more I find out about these insta mums the more I relate them to the plague that is MLMs. The language and ethos seem similar, all the woo language coupled with fake /facetuned photos of exotic locales/high end goods and aspirational lifestyle products just as fake as all the hunbots selling overpriced makeup and spider mascara.

Is manifesting the new buzz word? Is it just code for I’m busy trying to line up more freebies that you plebs will actually have to cough up over the odds for,

SMS’s latest post, ciggie in hand, half dressed as per and busy “manifesting”. The more I find out about these insta mums the more I relate them to the plague that is MLMs. The language and ethos seem similar, all the woo language coupled with fake /facetuned photos of exotic locales/high end goods and aspirational lifestyle products just as fake as all the hunbots selling overpriced makeup and spider mascara.
That is SO Candice Brathwaite 🤣. When I hear ‘Level up’ and ‘manifesting’ I just think of her

Chloelovestoshop came home early from her birthday at soho house to a massive flood. She appears to now be begging for a bathroom Reno or at the very least free tiles.
She keeps saying it’s going to cost them so much money etc and she may have to do more ads. I find that hard to listen too when you’ve just had an overnight stay at soho house - your hardly skint love

How many people have no money to do any home repairs?

It’s all so bloody selfish

Chloelovestoshop came home early from her birthday at soho house to a massive flood. She appears to now be begging for a bathroom Reno or at the very least free tiles.
She keeps saying it’s going to cost them so much money etc and she may have to do more ads. I find that hard to listen too when you’ve just had an overnight stay at soho house - your hardly skint love

She’s unbelievable isn’t she. I had to bite my tattle tongue when a lot of people new to Chloe were throwing love her way on the Meldrum thread last weekend. Although if they’ve followed her for a week now they’ll probably now know she’s just another instadickhead.

Reactions: 1

Seriously? Three kids in private school in London and she is pleading poverty. I thought she was better than that.

This is why I pay for insurance

• Haha
Reactions: 3
They are so comfortable with bragging so openly aren’t they? It’s just so cringeworthy.

Chloe with her luxury holidays, living in London, private school, her not working, often out to dinner and on mini breaks. Yeah love, of course you’ll struggle to re tile your bathroom.

Get real

• Angry
Reactions: 11
My first ever reply here but I've been following this topic for ages...

I used to really like many of the Instamums but now I only really like 1 or 2. The rest have turned me against many brands. I'm embarrassed on their behalf when they don't seem to be ashamed of pushing a product as "a must" at the same time as all their Instafriends. Just seems so genuine. Not.

And loads of the commentary is from their Instafriends. I wonder how "saleable" as influencers they would be, if you removed any likes and comments from other influencers...

As for it looking like MLMs in some case - they are pushing MLM products without any conscience. It'll be interesting to see how this market will develop. Many brands targeting the "middle classes", do so on trying to be ethical. If these influencers continue to show no ethical values (if the money is right, they'll do it) - fast fashion, fashion being produced under less ethical conditions, pushing MLMs, holidaying in less than democratic countries (because if it is free, it is worth it?) etc... - surely someone will see how brand destroying this is.

Reactions: 7
This is the same Chloe who recently lost a brand new Sezane jumper she'd just bought, which are around £90 a pop, and could afford to go straight back out and rebuy the same item.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
They are so comfortable with bragging so openly aren’t they? It’s just so cringeworthy.

Chloe with her luxury holidays, living in London, private school, her not working, often out to dinner and on mini breaks. Yeah love, of course you’ll struggle to re tile your bathroom.

Get real
I’m assuming she’s hoping that tiling and bathroom companies will be in touch to offer her #kindlygifted items 🙄😡

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.