Instamums #3 Egos inflating as differing opinions are disregarded as hating

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SMS is an idiot. She is slim. Of course she can be body confident. I feel for her husband, she doesn't seem very nice.

Reactions: 4
The Nurse Mum came to my attention last night and I cried watching the video of her poor boy being sick, I’ve never seen anything like it. So this was fresh in my mind when Chloe was on stories moaning about the stress of choosing tiles, I nearly msgd her, her privilege is something else!

Reactions: 8
Looking at the damaged she showed on stories, I did think she was getting ahead of herself stressing about tiles. Looked like there was a fair bit of slightly more pressing repair work needed first, ie locating the actual leak??

Reactions: 2
I used to love Chloe but she’s so bleeping annoying now - privileged beyond belief, moaning about things that many people would love to have as problems.

As for SMS, what a bellend with that blag attempt 🤦🏼‍♀️

The whole Insta-seller-gram-fluencer feels very desperate at the moment. Every big account selling their soul or begging/hinting. It feels very uncomfortable.

Reactions: 5
The whole Insta-seller-gram-fluencer feels very desperate at the moment. Every big account selling their soul or begging/hinting. It feels very uncomfortable.
Avril Keys (A Life to Style) has been talking a lot about this recently, I've not read it yet but she's written some blog posts about social media influencers actually putting the audience off brands rather than promoting them, it's starting to have had its day.

Reactions: 10
Avril Keys (A Life to Style) has been talking a lot about this recently, I've not read it yet but she's written some blog posts about social media influencers actually putting the audience off brands rather than promoting them, it's starting to have had its day.
Thank you, I will take a look.

Reactions: 1
The greed has totally taken over and it feels very out of step with the way things are going, ie. more focus on sustainability and a greater recognition of mental health issues. I'll be interested to read Avril's posts too.

Reactions: 3
If any brands or their people are reading this, chances are they might have taken a cursory glance at least. Know this: I don’t support brands or organisations that go out of their way to send influencers on all expenses paid jollies. I suspect I’m not alone.

You do more damage to your brand using women who are nothing more than walking billboards and inspire and influence no one except their echo chamber of fellow influencers and sellers.

They have no quality threshold when it comes to what they will or won’t promote, biggest eyeroll to Mother of Daughters for agreeing to wear DLAM’s jumpsuit/teletubbie spacesuit colab, not flattering at all.

Reactions: 9
If any brands or their people are reading this, chances are they might have taken a cursory glance at least. Know this: I don’t support brands or organisations that go out of their way to send influencers on all expenses paid jollies. I suspect I’m not alone.

You do more damage to your brand using women who are nothing more than walking billboards and inspire and influence no one except their echo chamber of fellow influencers and sellers.
No, you’re far from alone. Good post 👍🏻

Reactions: 4
EXACTLY!! That vitamin drink they went to soho farmhouse for made me so pissed off I will never buy said vitamin drink!! Do they think us watching a group of women who already get everything for free get even more for free and pampered and meals cooked for them and massages while we’re at work?!! They can F off!!!

What I find odd is that they base their business model on being relatable. The whole, I’m like you, helps them sell things to people.

But yet I just don’t know anyone like them all in real life. I know no one who spends all day trying clothes on or fussing about what bronzer to use. I know no one who takes everything so seriously as they do. Eg, having a break from alcohol? That becomes ‘being sober’. Both parents working long hours and having to manage childcare tightly? That
Becomes ‘tag teaming’
It’s all so pretentious

I love clothes, make up and all that sort of lovely stuff. I’m very lucky to earn enough money to buy things from places like Whistles, Sezanne and space NK.

But I cannot imagine my whole day being about stuff that is essentially pretty frivolous. Surely the likes of DMBLF, Chloelovestoshop and Luludumas must question themselves? Every now and again they must reflect on the fact they their sum contributions are whether to buy a new maxi dress or get a facial? Tragic!

Reactions: 20
These influencers are all just a total jerk circle. Same faces everywhere it’s B O R I N G

I have zero mates in real life who would talk into insta stories. Like who does that really? Walking their kids to school talking to a load of strangers? Who do they think cares? Call your mum if you need attention. Losers!

Interesting blog posts from A Life to Style mentioned above, lots of points I agree with and some good ideas. I would have appreciated more decent discounts or incentives for ACTUAL PAYING CUSTOMERS rather than seeing freebies given to influencers, although as I said upthread and as other posters have also indicated, at the moment I’m actively avoiding companies that use influencers, now that (most of the time) I can see who is giving the ad/gift/press discount/etc. When I think of how long they were getting us to “swipe up” without telling us about their cookies and commission, my blood still boils!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.