Instamums #3 Egos inflating as differing opinions are disregarded as hating

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sick of the ‘press trip/gifted’ being used instead of the actual #AD #gifted - someone I follow has 11k followers and her Bestival tickets were ‘press trip’ AS IF!

Reactions: 5
So sick of the ‘press trip/gifted’ being used instead of the actual #AD #gifted - someone I follow has 11k followers and her Bestival tickets were ‘press trip’ AS IF!
Does anyone know what the ASA guidelines are on this? I’m pretty sure a journalist attending an actual press trip would be somewhat more objective in their appraisal of a product / event, and adhere to the industry code of conduct in whatever was then published.

Reactions: 3
So the frugality has a story about a washing bag to stop plastics going in the ocean #gifted of course by....... H&M one of the worst culprits of fast fashion.

Have you seen the fab stories from AJ Arber about the fact that fast fashion people are jumping on the bandwagon (being paid for it) and pushing out the original influencers of sustainable fashion. Plus they never really jump they still push fast fashion tips.

Reactions: 4
Re DMBL40 press trip on ship. What was the marketing goal for that?? To sell cruises? To bore us all senseless? Was it about clothes or what?

Re DMBL40 press trip on ship. What was the marketing goal for that?? To sell cruises? To bore us all senseless? Was it about clothes or what?
I stopped following her after her margarine sell out 🙄 and increased manic talking to camera , she does a lot of cruises though and markets them well for P+O but she’ll flog anything.

I have to say that DMBL cruise looked death defyingly dull. Who wants to watch a string of stories showing someone on stage in the distance giving a talk. Hardly any info given about the ship - its not like I'll book a cruise and get to hold a million pound pair of shoes or do a sommelier course - so what's the point? Its just a lovely treat for influencers who get to waft around in gifted gowns for a week. And then she is only back for a day and moaning incessantly about her children and basically what is normal life for the rest of us.

Reactions: 5
I was so bored by her first cruise coverage that I don’t even look at her account while she’s on one. So, so, so dull.

The frugality has a book out about saving money... I’m cringing a little already.

Also, there’s no way they’re remortgaging for a kitchen. If MOD can bag a free kitchen, the frugality can.

• Wow
The frugality has a book out about saving money... I’m cringing a little already.

Also, there’s no way they’re remortgaging for a kitchen. If MOD can bag a free kitchen, the frugality can.
A book about saving money 😁😁😁.

Get your Parents to lend/give you the deposit to get you on the ladder
Buy from Lidl but jump in a plane to NY to take a few snaps
Get the expensive furniture for the doors from the family business .
Eat Tapas when you’re on holiday in Seville .
Get gifted a lot of clothes.

How’s that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

How’s that.
You forgot ‘delete any comments that dare highlight most of your possessions are gifted’ 😉

Reactions: 6

How’s that.
Imagine someone following her who’s genuinely on the breadline. I think that’s the part I cringe at most. Who needs food banks when you can get free tapas, huh Alex?

To be fair, haven’t read the book. Just making assumptions based on her usual frugal musings. She lives a very privileged life. I hope she’s set the tone accordingly in this book!

Imagine someone following her who’s genuinely on the breadline. I think that’s the part I cringe at most. Who needs food banks when you can get free tapas, huh Alex?

To be fair, haven’t read the book. Just making assumptions based on her usual frugal musings. She lives a very privileged life. I hope she’s set the tone accordingly in this book!
No I haven’t either so I could be taking the piss unnecessarily but she’s from a privileged and financially secure background , I doubt she has any inkling of real financial hardship.

Reactions: 2
It’s almost amusing if it wasn’t such a risk to the wellbeing of vulnerable followers.

She has a very expensive renovation going on, using high end products and decoration

They have several holidays / trips abroad

She has a second office space away from their home that I believe they bought

They regularly eat out or have takeaways.

She does not live frugally. frugal living is having to feed a family on a small amount, when your home is falling apart and you can’t afford repairs. Living frugally is explaining to the kids that there is no holiday (again) for them and you are buying your clothes from the charity shop or totally reliant on hand me downs.

It’s certainly not ‘investing’ in art, using farrow and ball paint or getting a bespoke curtain runner.

What a joke

Reactions: 18
My first money saving tip is to never buy a book on money saving - literally everything you need to know ever is available on moneysavingexpert.com

Reactions: 9
The purse the frugality is using to illustrate the ‘online book’ in her stories is a £300 Anya Hindmarch one. So frugal. 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I heard her on radio 4 a couple of months back chatting about money and she gave into questioning and admitted she has £7k of credit card debt. I wouldn’t be taking money tips off someone who has debt and still goes on loads of holidays etc - save and pay it off first!

It’s a middle class kind of frugality. Not a jack monroe type eking out a bag of lentils. So it should appeal to that demographic - good jobs but high outgoings.

Notsosmugnow getting in on the tiny white writing on white background 'press discount' ruse. It was in the bottom corner of her stories re Mud Kitchens (story has gone now, was over 24 hours ago). Kids unwrapping/squealing, her raving about how well made it was - it was so hard to see the writing, I nearly missed it despite the fact I was looking for it - also it wasn't with a hashtag, just the words.

Notsosmugnow getting in on the tiny white writing on white background 'press discount' ruse. It was in the bottom corner of her stories re Mud Kitchens (story has gone now, was over 24 hours ago). Kids unwrapping/squealing, her raving about how well made it was - it was so hard to see the writing, I nearly missed it despite the fact I was looking for it - also it wasn't with a hashtag, just the words.
I see DLAM’s children unwrapped a muddy kitchen too. Her press discount is hidden right at the bottom in the message box 😡

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.