Ingham Family #126 Wherever I lay my tat, that's my home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have watched the lego friends vlog and the turkey vlog. Wow! They really did have it good for a bit,how the mighty have fallen!

I imagine all of those kids cringe over the autographs and the pics now.
Even the woman with the Ifam Forever tattoo has gone quiet about them on her Twitter account 😬 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Absolutely ridiculous. I’m late 30s but ‘back in my day’, it was tough tit if you didn’t like school, or you were teased, or you had learning difficulties (obviously you got extra support). Her reasoning is bull and she knows it.
THIS 👏👏👏👏👏

Reactions: 15
We paid for our daughter to be tested for dyslexia in Year 2 as I knew she was struggling, she has phonic dyslexia, there are several different types. Any parent that spends time with their child would pick up on it and if they could afford it, pay for them to be tested. Yes schools are reluctant to use their own funds for testing unless a child is a whole academic year behind. However, that is no excuse, Sarah and Chris would and should have picked it up, instead of shoving a camera in her face and taking the girls to swimming pools, spend time with them. They are to blame for not helping Esme, they are her parents and the buck stops with them, end of.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Even if they have decided to home school, why do they think doing it on the side of the road in a caravan during a pandemic is a good idea? Those kids need some stability and routine. It’s sad they have sacrificed their own children’s future so they can continue living their pretend life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
I actually find the situation very sad for so many reasons . I don't tend to write comments on these forums but I had to acknowledge this. I have nothing at all against home schooling if done for the correct reasons and done well. What i find really awful here is that this is all a result of putting childrens lives online. Children are too young to consent to being on you tube and this generation of you tube children are Guinea pigs. We dont know the long term effects on their mental health. So if anyone is tempted to put their family online. Think hard about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Izzys like “I’m not going back to school my step dads gone viral on Tik Tok the last couple of months” poor kid, it’s all her age teens crying laughing and tagging other teens, imagine you have a hashtag with the word groomer about yourself it’s just Awful but deserved

• Sad
Reactions: 30
My other concern with home schooling is safeguarding the children . They are now totally under the radar, no teachers picking up on possible clues of anything going on that shouldn’t be. We don’t know the real truth behind why they have been taken out of school, dyslexia could be a cover for numerous things. They were desperate to leave the country and Jane and Steve are obviously not happy...who knows what the truth really is.

Reactions: 46
Sarah, can you let me know if i'm right with my guesses
1. Chinese dragon
2. Michael Jackson
3. Pope (Francis?)
4. Aoua Keita
5. Poop emoji from the movie
6. Lochness monster
7. Baloo & Mowgli
8. Fly (green bottle?), snail and a spire snail.
Is there some free merch, doesn't seem to be selling.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
WHY OUR CHILDREN ARE NOT GOING BACK TO SCHOOL..

Drone shots of Sand City. Lazy hangs out the washing. The girls do their school work. Isabelle starts the vlog and tells us they've finished their schoolwork. it's been nice to do it outdoors. She's going to make a smoothie. Time lapse of making smoothie. She shows us the smoothie and says papaya sounds like a rice dish. Lazy cackles.

Lazy hopes we're having a wonderful, wonderful day. They're going to a place Lazy has wanted to go to since they arrived in Portugal. She saw a sign and thought they had to do that. Before they set off it's time for the chat about homeschooling. Lazy had a notes section in her phone with all the facts and justifications abut why they decided to homeschool but realised she didn't need to justify every move they make; even if she reads out the pros and facts they will still be wrong in some people's eyes. Isabelle has wanted to homeschool for over a year but Lazy has never been keen. Lockdown happened, schools shut and Lazy had no choice but to homeschool so she joined a few homeschooling groups because she wasn't confident in what she was teaching the girls. Lazy couldn't believe the support and spent the first few weeks of lockdown educating herself. There was 60k people in the Facebook group she joined that all home educated their children. Now, Lazy, I'm sure it's not 60k because some of those people probably joined when she schools closed too. Lazy didn't see an improvement in the amount of work Isabelle was doing over lockdown but there was a commitment she didn't think she would see. She set her alarm and got up on time, didn't come out of her room unless she needed help and it was done really easily. Her personality came back to what it was when they first started vlogging. Probably because she wasn't being dragged to goodness knows where every weekend and half term, she was well rested and actually had time to do what she wanted to do in her spare time. Isabelle told Lazy she was happier because she didn't have to worry about what people would say about the vlogging and the consequences when she went back to school because she wasn't going back to school at that time. Lazy realised that school isn't suited for every child.

The biggest thing for Lazy was Esme, who isn't behind in school but there are areas she struggles with. Lazy is sure Esme is dyslexic and she is going to get Esme tested. Lazy has seen signs of Esme being dyslexic. Are you sure it's not you Lazy because you pronounce words wrong a lot. *cough* Advocado. Weetabic. *cough* It's probably you thinking she's pronouncing words wrong when she actually isn't. She does a speech about how dyslexia is not embarrassing. Esme is afraid to ask for help because in the past she was belittled. 'She was trying really difficult to keep at the same level as her peers' Lazy says she's tit at maths but reminds us Creepy has an A level in maths. Yes, that mysterious A* before it even existed. Lazy says it's never too late to learn so she and Esme signed up to online resources and got books she thought would help Esme (the ones for 3-year-olds probably). Esme missed out on some of the basics in year five and six. Yes, and all those days off school for holidays certainly didn't help. Lazy took Esme back to basics and helped Esme learn a lot during lockdown. With a teacher like Lazy though I expect she is even shitter at maths than she was before. Lazy can't fault the private school but thinks some kids just get into an 'I'm a failure' mindset. She felt they were spending £26k a year for Esme not to be learning at her full potential and Isabelle not to feel herself. Lazy says we're lucky to have the option to go to school but school isn't for everyone the girls aren't damaged from school but she's seen an improvement during lockdown. Lazy doesn't know that homeschooling will be forever, it could be six months down the line and they might want to go back to school, Lazy and Creepy are on board with that. If Youtube did end, they have savings and the girls have savings accounts with money put in every month. Over the past year they've learnt it doesn't matter what they do, they will still be judged on parenting so its nice to go travelling instead of having to wait for time off work. They have incredible support from their families.

Isabell is still sitting her GCSEs. If you're in school you have to take them at 16 but if not you can take them earlier or later. Lazy and Creepy are encouraging her to sit her GCSEs. They're considering Isabelle sitting her English and Maths GCSE this year but they're not fully decided. The people who don't agree with it never will because they don't like who the Inghams are as people. The Inghams are comfortable with it and the girls are happier, they will be able to have more life experiences and learn what they learn in the classroom. Lazy has left a link to a blog from an ex teacher about how much of the school day is spent learning. Time to head out and have some fun.

Time lapse of driving. They're at Sand City. One of the home schooling side projects has been Seaside Science. Well it had to be, it's the only place they bloody go to. They got the idea from a funschooling journal and they've had so much fun learning about the tides, waves, the sea and sand. Drone shots of the park.

Lazy tells us the sculptures are the biggest in the world. It said it on the door so it must be right. Creepy asks why there is a penguin chick with it's head in it's mum's mouth and Lazy tell him that's how they feed. They learn that Madonna lives in Portugal. They're going to do a project on the Egyptians. Isla finds Harry Potter. Lazy films statues and tells the ifam to comment down below. Then she breathlessly walks to another statue to film some for younger ifam. It's time for ice creams and cokes, Lazy has been looking forward to it. Music plays as they eat, footage of the ids playing. Drone shot of the park.

They're back at the caravan and Lazy recommends Sand City. They're going to make dinner and end the vlog. She says it's ok to have various opinions about homeschooling and ok to share an opinion but keep it respectful. The girls will still be going to dance when they get home. Isla facetimes her three friends and Isabelle/Esme are always facetiming their friends. When they're home they will have sleepovers. Lazy doesn't film teaching the girls because she doesn't teach them anything they can't concentrate with a camera in their face. They do schooling every day and don't even take weekends off. Whenever they've taken a holiday the girls have never missed school work because they took the work with them. So what about the days the girls have been off sick? They missed crucial time at school then. Whether you do the work in a classroom, the garden or on a beach it doesn't matter as long as you do the work.

End of vlog

Lazy couldn't keep her eyes on the camera during either of the rants/chats about homeschooling.

Are these a new fashion accessory or something? I hope the masks were clean.
Annotation 2020-09-09 201117.png
Annotation 2020-09-09 201115.png

Operating the drone or messaging his bit on the side?
Annotation 2020-09-09 211447.png

Annotation 2020-09-09 191533.png
Annotation 2020-09-09 1915312.png
Annotation 2020-09-09 201116.png
Annotation 2020-09-09 201114.png
Annotation 2020-09-09 201113.png
Annotation 2020-09-09 191531.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
They're getting homeschooled because their parents are money hungry troglodytes who live in a fantasy world of swimming pools and theme parks that don't want to grow up.
They're getting homeschooled because their dad is a creepy groomer and no one wants to be friends with them.
They're getting homeschooled because the funds are running low in the Ingham bank.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
*Isabelle drinking a mango, pineapple and papaya smoothie*

Isabelle *in her broadest Yorkshire accent*: "Wot were't fruit? Papaya? PAPAYA? .....In't that a rice dish or summit?"

Sarah Ingham: "Got no idea"

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Take a bow homeschool. After "doing all of Spain" Isabelle thinks their famous national rice dish is called "PAPAYA?"
Wasn’t she learning Spanish?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
So all I took from Lazy Foghorns preech - I mean speech was that they are home schooling the girls because Isabelle gets ridiculed by her class mates when they're in school, and Esme has undiagnosed dyslexia 🤦‍♀️ This is all on you Sarah. Isabelle feels she can't be herself cos you've splashed her whole life online. And Esme is too embarrassed to ask for help when she's struggling. Of course she is cos you've made sure they're never going to stand a chance of a normal life!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
The commitment from the girls during lockdown was due to school. Didn't they have a morning meeting and have to be logged on by a certain time? Their school would not have let them get away with not being commited tbh.

Reactions: 51
So all I took from Lazy Foghornd preech - I mean speech was that they are home schooling the girls because Isabelle gets ridiculed by her class mates when they're in school, and Esme has undiagnosed dyslexia 🤦‍♀️
Got it in one!! No mention of Isla or even Jace who should be interacting with other children. Mother of the year! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 35
I hope Chris that you got permission to film from the topless elderly man who was sorting out his laundry (behind Sarah when she was waffling on about education). If not you're slipping up on your blurring out skills. You got him on camera at 2.06, 5.55, 7.07 and again at 12.52. And what the hell were you doing at the car during the waffle segment? If I'm not mistaken you too were topless but surely then its was also too hot to wear your beanie.
Sarah, the seaside science project you're all working on, is it just for Isla? Surely the other two would already know about tides, waves, sea and sand, if not perhaps try and get a refund from their private school.
I would also be asking myself, why as a mother did I not approach the school regarding Esme, or why did I not take her for a diagnosis myself. I would also have ensured she was getting all the help she needed even if I had to pay for extra tuition myself.

Reactions: 34
Personally I wouldn’t have gone on to give a giant speech about how totes amazing I am at homeschooling directly after my hardly educated kid, stood there crapping on about making herself a big glass of paella for breakfast. I understand they’ve had a big swim from Spain to the Portuguese Island, however Paella would have been on every single menu the daft twats perused looking for not spam pasta. I’m certainly not giving her a thumbs up for referring to school as an option. Given the kid thinks she’s just drank a big cup of gritty paella smoothy, unfortunately school is not an “option” for that kid

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.