“Influencers” and Covid-19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They consider themselves above the rest of us. I genuinely believe that a lot of people have seen through them during this crisis.
Entitled freeloaders.

Reactions: 9
I just did a quick search for Ruby Holley and found people had commented here. I really enjoyed her content at first, maybe a year ago now, but I’ve lost all concept of time! I am increasingly cringing at her whining if people question her ethics or attitude. I saw she commented the other day saying that she had worked “really hard” for everything she has, and never had handouts from parents, but neglecting to acknowledge that her boyfriend is a highly paid footballer 🙄. She tells people to unfollow if they don’t like her, which is absolutely fine, I just feel sorry for younger viewers who would think that her lifestyle is achievable. She points out frequently that she didn’t pursue a career in politics after her degree and chose to be an influencer instead... again this is fine (idiotic to me personally, but fine if that’s what you want to do), and makes it sound like it’s easy, when obviously she relied on her boyfriend for a while for financial backing.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve been toying with the idea of a flower subscription in lockdown to cheer the house up, so followed Freddie’s Flowers on insta. Just seen them post about their bouquet of peonies they are sending out next week and some blue tick account called Stephanie Yeboah has commented “How can I get these” - like your first thought wouldn’t be to check the website and order a delivery 🙄 they’ve replied to her comment and asked her to send her a DM, so I’m sure that’ll be a freebie bunch for her. I think I’ll hold onto my £! So annoying.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
I just did a quick search for Ruby Holley and found people had commented here. I really enjoyed her content at first, maybe a year ago now, but I’ve lost all concept of time! I am increasingly cringing at her whining if people question her ethics or attitude. I saw she commented the other day saying that she had worked “really hard” for everything she has, and never had handouts from parents, but neglecting to acknowledge that her boyfriend is a highly paid footballer 🙄. She tells people to unfollow if they don’t like her, which is absolutely fine, I just feel sorry for younger viewers who would think that her lifestyle is achievable. She points out frequently that she didn’t pursue a career in politics after her degree and chose to be an influencer instead... again this is fine (idiotic to me personally, but fine if that’s what you want to do), and makes it sound like it’s easy, when obviously she relied on her boyfriend for a while for financial backing.

Oh so that’s why she suddenly moved into that house and had it decorated right away. I always wondered this too. I wonder what the crack is with Laura’s Little Locket too? She had her house done in bleeping no time

How do they get their deliveries so quick I'm still waiting for my sister present and my other half has just told me he ordered trainers off of jd sports (to be fair he doesnt actually need them and I'm quite annoyed with him ) 4 weeks ago and not turned up. Any one else have problems with their deliveries? Annoying how they get their freebies sent and promotion stuff sent so quick

Right I said this to my friend the other day

I’ve ordered some new knickers and bra because my others are buggered and I’m still waiting for these and some skin care stuff

Yet influencers have their stuff the next day and a pile of new clothes, new on the market

Is it just me?

Reactions: 4
How do you feel about them showing us gifted abd sponsored buts? I'm personally put off when I see brands giving stuff to unworthy influencers atm.

Reactions: 8
How do you feel about them showing us gifted abd sponsored buts? I'm personally put off when I see brands giving stuff to unworthy influencers atm.
To be honest I have worked all of my career with huge brands and I know that these things are usually planned months out, so right now part of me suspects anything gifted was planned a long time ago and it was too late to stop it. I know it sounds crazy but these things are ridiculously slow. If influencers are still getting freebies come September, then I’ll be pissed off

Reactions: 1
To be honest I have worked all of my career with huge brands and I know that these things are usually planned months out, so right now part of me suspects anything gifted was planned a long time ago and it was too late to stop it. I know it sounds crazy but these things are ridiculously slow. If influencers are still getting freebies come September, then I’ll be pissed off
Agree with this, especially given some of the absolutely dire content they have been putting out these last few weeks, that and the begging for engagement and in some cases money

Reactions: 3
All those boys who lost their lives so that stupid vacuous women like her could take endless photos of themselves, and work at being freeloaders.
Like this legend

Very rarely cry but the whatever anniversary of D-Day was a blubbering wreck by the end of that song, though was about WW1 1916 is a pretty depressing song by Lemmy the front man for Motorhead was a colossal history buff could even hold a conversation some people have said with professional historians why he wrote it as well, coming from the guy who wrote Ace of Spades, really great man was Lemmy.

Sorry to yeah take this off topic but yeah think it needs saying thats all, like what my granddad said to my dad (his son of course) when asking about WW2 he'd always respond with (before opening up least a bit) you don't want to know. Like if you watch the Omaha Beach at the start of Saving Private Ryan was going to include a video link on youtube but thought better of it, was pretty damn close to the real thing, to the video I was going to link a user in the comments said their granddad had to leave the room when watching it as he was going to piss himself due to how realistic it was

Not to take this far too off topic but pisses me off a bit when some of these people are least I think comparing it to WW2 is in some ways utter rubbish is nothing like it

I have to say that since the whole lock down I have turned down any collsbs and I have 2 outstanding campaigns but I've said to the companies it's going against all my morals to encourage people to buy shampoo they don't need and thankfully they have been cool about it. I personally feel wrong and greedy taking anything at the moment

• Heart
Reactions: 13
And her first job out of uni which she gave up to be an influencer was in her Uncle’s company anyway!

What is it with all these awful ex love islanders and influencers advertising those stupid toning belts? They all have PTs and have been doing home work outs religiously but try and con the masses into thinking it’s all the belts! Ugh

It's repulsed me to see so many influencers carrying on as normal, especially the ones that have enough money to quit the hustle for a while. They can use the excuse of giving people an escape all they want but no, it's just wrong when you get people like Freddy My Love doing bleeping haul week during a pandemic. How can these people be so detatched and selfish? It's astounding.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone noticed an increase in these influencers who are promoting websites that they clearly haven’t researched?

Loads of girls I follow on insta have started to advertise KeliGym leggings. Just one google search brings up the trust pilot website with load of 1* reviews of poor quality and leggings not even arriving. If they want to be taken seriously why don’t they research before accepting the money?

This morning Laura Anderson has started a new AD story for a sunglasses company. All the photos are copies from adobe stock images and the glasses are from Ali Express and similar. It’s clearly a fake website and she has clearly been given a few grand and not actually looked at it.

Makes me so mad that they have a platform to do some good yet they advertise complete junk and ridiculous scammers

Reactions: 3
Callie Thorpe ...a hot tub, 2 hammocks, a pizza oven, a £300 bike, a new out door table and chairs, just some of the purchases this so called hard up influencer has bought in the last few months of lockdown! Oh and endless ' gifted' food ....and she had the nerve to say on a live that she was worried how they were going to manage...plus she was looking into mortgage break ! She is such a joker !!

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 4