“Influencers” and Covid-19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Birkin man in that BBC article - WTF?! All those expensive things yet stony broke the minute he stops working? What a joke! Absolute faker, pretending to be wealthy! Also in that article “I can’t do any work right now” or whatever it says - erm yes you can, you could go and GET A JOB?! Plenty of supermarkets/ couriers crying out for staff. Might be time to earn a living instead of grabbing freebies off companies.

Reactions: 12
I haven’t seen one Instagram account posting any half decent content in this pandemic. All me me me selfish behaviour

Reactions: 10
I dont know how influences get their packages so fast ordered a present for my sister three weeks ago still hasnt come. Do they get special treatment with delivers too.

Reactions: 4
They’re really getting on my wick, saying they wish they could do more. Newsflash, you can, there was a call for volunteers to help the NHS. Not one of them bothered, we know that as if they had they’d have been crowing about it all over their insta feeds

Reactions: 6
They’re really getting on my wick, saying they wish they could do more. Newsflash, you can, there was a call for volunteers to help the NHS. Not one of them bothered, we know that as if they had they’d have been crowing about it all over their insta feeds
I think a few Love Islanders posted about volunteering. And those who came from relevant work backgrounds (nursing/pharmacy etc) seem to have returned to the front line. Plus Dr Alex, who I couldn't stand on LI as he seemed like an entitled tit but is producing really great content during all of this.

Surprised Hinch hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet.

Reactions: 12
I think a few Love Islanders posted about volunteering. And those who came from relevant work backgrounds (nursing/pharmacy etc) seem to have returned to the front line. Plus Dr Alex, who I couldn't stand on LI as he seemed like an entitled tit but is producing really great content during all of this.

Have seen Dr Alex’s content, agree he’s a bit of a tit but he’s been posting some good stuff

Reactions: 1
I really have a lot of respect of Dr Alex. He could have easily turned his back on the Dr Job and gone full tv Dr or influencer but he didn’t.

Anna from last summer also has returned to her pharmacy role and I think that’s great.

I think lots of the LI lot get a bad rap for their life post Villa but there’s quite a few who are clearly decent individuals.

Reactions: 8
I'm livid and disgusted by the amount of Youtubers still doing haul videos. Even people like Renne Amberg who I thought would be better than that and don't need the money are doing it. How narcissistic do you have to be to put your social media first in times of a global pandemic? Gross.

Reactions: 9
I'm livid and disgusted by the amount of Youtubers still doing haul videos. Even people like Renne Amberg who I thought would be better than that and don't need the money are doing it. How narcissistic do you have to be to put your social media first in times of a global pandemic? Gross.
Notice a lot of them have turned to “things you NEED from amazon” hauls because they can use aff links and amazon still delivers to every country. So disgusting.

Reactions: 4

Too busy getting in to it on her 148th thread on here!

For anyone unaware, her neighbours have dobbed her in to The Sun newspaper for having her family round for barbecues during lockdown. Her rep didn't provide a comment and she hasn't addressed it directly either.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Logan Paul did a dodgy thing I’m surprised hasn’t had more criticism.
He released a load of ‘free’ branded masks ahead of an upcoming relaunch of his merch. So already a bit of sketchy self promotion.

Obviously they weren’t going to be free and a postage and packaging charge was to be expected. But if the whole thing was simply to get people masks without ulterior motive or profit there’s no way it would have been so high. For international shipping they asked something around $23! Definitely a good amount over 20 even tho I forget the exact figure. Domestic was still way too high considering the weight and size of the thing, around 7 dollars I think.

I did see a lot of people calling it out but he’s so big they still sold out almost immediately. People may say what do you expect from Logan Paul but I find him far more likeable these days. That kind of scam is usually more his brothers style (and actually he did the same for a while offering this ‘free’ horrific team 10 chain) This is actually worse in that it takes advantage of the pandemic...and the giy is so damn rich, and will make a ton from his new merch soon, this just seems so unnecessary it really pissed me off.

Reactions: 2
Not a influencer but a small YouTube channel. Did anyone see life of the baldwins. Was gifted money to spend on cherryz and spent half if it on toiletries for the food bank? Was really lovely and would be nice to see others being as generous rather then taking as much free stuff as they can with pure greed.

Reactions: 3
Seeing so many influencers breaking lockdown guidelines now it’s starting to take the piss! They think that they are above the rules

Rvk - for a photo shoot
Hinch for the family bbqs
Thelambertonlife - getting her dad to babysit the kids while they run or go to aldi
And now keeleylemonshome posting a video of what looks like her mum in the garden with them

@lifeofbeckie...continually banging on about saving lives, staying home and clapping for the NHS, while simultaneously taking delivery of one freebie after another, having her garden landscaped, and this afternoon posting in her stories, her child in the garden, clearly hosting several people.
The hypocrisy is staggering.

• Wow
  • Angry
I don’t have much time for influencers at the best of times, there are only a few that I like & they tend to be the smaller accounts that don’t bombard you with ads. I had to unfollow one the other day though, after she posted a load of Instagram stories whinging that her engagement had gone down since the pandemic started, & begging people to like her posts!

• Sick
Using their kids to generate freebies is so low.
God knows what the next generation, raised by mirror obsessed, tiktoking, duck face gimme gimmies is going to turn out like.
it's a worry isn't it? The shock when these kids find out not everyone thinks they are cute, gorgeous and super smart!

Reactions: 3