Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lechat

VIP Member
I’m sick of being told they are putting out content for escapism, because that’s what they want. No one can get escapism from worrying about their health, jobs, getting food etc. It’s a fucking stupid simplistic message, but what do we expect from these morons.

also sick of loungewear and productivity tips. Fuck off. unless you sit on conference calls back to back, have urgent deadlines and reports to write i don’t need your stupid tips.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
I don't want any influencer, grifter or their loved to become unwell with COVID. But I sure as hell would like to see this accelerate the bursting of the bubble so we can see these people for the advertisers that they are.

Two of my friends have lost their jobs today; I can suggest a few places where influencers can stick their #kindlygifted paraphernalia

• Sad
Reactions: 51
I’m in a local group on Facebook and someone started a post today “has anything positive come out of this situation “ one person put yes I’m glad the real heroes of society are getting the recognition they deserve eg nhs, police , retail workers and not celebrity footballers and “influencer”
Someone else put that all these people who get into debt buying crap they don’t need and designer clothes well now all we really need is food and medicines so I bet all that unnecessary crap is just sitting in a cupboard!!
I told my husband about these comments and he was like yes you’re totally right. Without places to go and things to do no one is arsed about £500 shoes and £50 creams were all just trying to survive here!!

Reactions: 46

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
It’s so ironic that my feed is full of instahuns sharing platitudes for NHS staff, saying how amazing us nurses are and they cannot thank us enough.

Yet, I’m blocked By most of them for daring to suggest that they should stop their grabby, begging ads and gifted crap whilst we are in the thick of this

• Heart
Reactions: 45

muffintop13

Chatty Member
17780C36-DEBE-4629-A4B8-E396A23BE62D.png
I
haven’t posted on this thread before but I saw this and I am absolutely disgusted. It’s clear to me that some of these influencers/z list celebs just cannot and will not pull their heads out of their asses.
How about a moment of silence for those who have died you vapid insensitive idiot

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

Zoewilliams9217

Chatty Member
The down right revolting tactics of these so called “influencers” has pissed off enough people on tattle during these incredibly hard times. Not fucking “tricky” rebecca Meldrum.

This thread was suggested by the bastards over on Mrs meldrums latest thread.

...a way to call out these snake oil sales people and hopefully get some press coverage so more people wake up to this 21st century scam that are “insta mums” / “influencers” 🤢🤢🤢🤢

Rebecca Meldrums idea of a joke?

An AD for £16/£32 tub of hand cream whilst the rest of the country is navigating feeding their family on a budget with no groceries in sight, working long shifts on the “front line”, relatives ill/ loosing their lives, being separated from loved ones and just dealing with uncertainty and anxiety that comes with the times we’re living in.

but don’t worry Rebs kids take £16 worth of hand cream each to school with them every day. That’s a family’s shopping budget for a month.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

WillowM

At this very moment everyone’s main worry should be : how to pay essential bills and how to put food on the table . Save every penny you can because we don’t know how far this is going to go ...
As much as I love to buy new items for my wardrobe , new luxury make up , treat myself to online shopping - I simply can’t afford that now . Every time I see influencer posting expensive serums , brand clothing I just want to punch them in the face hard . They need a bloody reality check . We are in global effing crisis now and no one cares about your Gucci bag or Luxury skin care . Sorry , but it’s no longer relevant . Go and get a job to help community. Help elderly people do their food shopping . Do something useful for society .

Reactions: 40

Thechubbymoaner

VIP Member
Ok, so I will admit I am an 'influencer,',albeit a smaller page and I get gifted the odd thing that I declare and refuse paid posts and will not use my platform for any kind of misleading cos I'm not an arsehole. I am frankly horrified by the amount of other influencers still going out for meals, coffees, getting content and basically ignoring the whole stay home memo. Moaning cos they can't do their ads and that engagement is down. Be a fucking influencer and influence people to stay home, be practical, be normal, be a fucking normal human being. I have been using my platform to slag off idiots still going out, to tell people to stay home and inform them about covid (my job is in a medical field so I am in a position to practically advise). I actually am so sickened by some of their behaviour. No wonder we have a bad name with all those pricks out there

Reactions: 38

Sausageparty

Chatty Member
I hope 2020 is the decline of influencers YouTubers 'content creator's' Instagramers and any other air head that thinks any of the above is a 'real job'

• Heart
Reactions: 37

chocolate choux

VIP Member
At this very moment everyone’s main worry should be : how to pay essential bills and how to put food on the table . Save every penny you can because we don’t know how far this is going to go ...
As much as I love to buy new items for my wardrobe , new luxury make up , treat myself to online shopping - I simply can’t afford that now . Every time I see influencer posting expensive serums , brand clothing I just want to punch them in the face hard . They need a bloody reality check . We are in global effing crisis now and no one cares about your Gucci bag or Luxury skin care . Sorry , but it’s no longer relevant . Go and get a job to help community. Help elderly people do their food shopping . Do something useful for society .
I think influencers are definitely going to fall out of favour. Like you said, most people can’t afford the stuff they’re flogging in this situation. Even if people have spare money, they’re going to be focused on the basics. No point spending money on clothes, make up, jewellery etc if you are just going to stay in!

Also hopefully their #gifted #ad holidays will dry up too as this year normal people can’t go anywhere, or don't want to risk it

Reactions: 34

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Can they all fuck off with their tiktok accounts please-I have just had to witness Tanya Burr doing something that is meant to constitute ‘dancing’ and I really can’t cope with much more than that

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

ninnnnjjaaaa

Chatty Member
8ABA0931-520C-4BDA-A45A-A50E0527842D.png

I am so sick of these fucking influencers gaslighting everyone with their mental health bullshit. No you don’t have a heart of gold you’re a fucking covidiot. I don’t give a shit about your anxiety, maybe stay at home and deal with it instead of contributing to a second covid strain when everyone worked so hard to get through the first one. You’re giving the whole country anxiety and you’re not owed shit.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Mrs bloody Hinch and Mario the cock both spraying dettol kitchen spray, milton spray, dettol spray in a can all over their furniture and kitchens.
Its fucking me off that they have stacks of this stuff and vulnerable people and elderly folk are having to risk their lives because they cant sanitise their hands when they take parcels/deliveries in or have carers coming in to work in their homes.
Why cant they see how selfish and wasteful they are? Why don't they feel one iota of shame at the use of these products when others are desperately needing them.
Hinch in particular hasn't even said the word corona or covid. She avoids it like the plague
Shes ok though, she can sit in her garden and browse ebay for more shite to add swipe ups to

Reactions: 28

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Ok, so I will admit I am an 'influencer,',albeit a smaller page and I get gifted the odd thing that I declare and refuse paid posts and will not use my platform for any kind of misleading cos I'm not an arsehole. I am frankly horrified by the amount of other influencers still going out for meals, coffees, getting content and basically ignoring the whole stay home memo. Moaning cos they can't do their ads and that engagement is down. Be a fucking influencer and influence people to stay home, be practical, be normal, be a fucking normal human being. I have been using my platform to slag off idiots still going out, to tell people to stay home and inform them about covid (my job is in a medical field so I am in a position to practically advise). I actually am so sickened by some of their behaviour. No wonder we have a bad name with all those pricks out there
This is exactly what influencers should be doing right now. Even those without any medical training can recite the advice we’ve all heard in the hope their impressionable fans will listen. I don’t see that use of the platform becoming widespread unless the NHS or WHO start sponsoring their posts :rolleyes:

It’s a shame because this is their opportunity to show that they’re not just leeches and can do good for society. Imagine them talking to their grandkids about this pandemic:

“Grandma, did you use your platform to help people during the Coronavirus?”

“Well, I told them to use my Hello Fresh discount code!”

“But did you tell them to stay in, wash their hands, and practice social distancing?”

“... No”

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Pidgey

A lot of people are rightly calling out Nikki Ryan (Fopperholic) on her latest video. There’s 5 ads and 14 affiliate links in it. She really shouldn’t be encouraging people to order unnecessary stuff right now but she isn’t liking being called out for it so is deleting and blocking!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
My daughter has unfollowed all influencers and stopped watching them on YouTube and Insta and now I have too. She said her friends are doing the same as they don't want the influencers to make money off them at this time and maybe into the future. She is so smart. If you don't watch them they won't make money. Simple!

• Heart

DoseofReality

VIP Member
20200323_234538.jpg

The SacconeJoly's did an ad for vitabiotics on their vlog and insta stories. Using clickbait that Anna was feeling unwell and had a headache (most likely botox induced and wanting to hide from the children) but with the full implication that people would think she had the corona virus. Vitabiotics aren't going to help any of you there. And you can't cure stupid.

And of course not clearly marked as an ad.

• Angry
  • Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
View attachment 99199

Why doesn’t she donate that FFS 🤦‍♀️
'Youtubers are trying to take people's mind off the virus' 😂 😂 😂
Of all the deluded arrogant self-important comments I have heard that is really up there. As if Gabbie with her pisspoor efforts at entertainment would take your mind off anything let alone a potentially lethal pandemic. Fuck me influencers really are the gift that keeps on giving in terms of stupidity. Thank goodness it all will come crashing down around their ears very soon. Then they'll need an actual job.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Lechat

VIP Member
View attachment 100610I
haven’t posted on this thread before but I saw this and I am absolutely disgusted. It’s clear to me that some of these influencers/z list celebs just cannot and will not pull their heads out of their asses.
How about a moment of silence for those who have died you vapid insensitive idiot
there’s just no words for how “off” these posts look. So what hun you can’t go to the Maldives, people are bloody dying. People are losing their jobs.
People aren’t seeing their loved ones. People are stuck at home lonely.
How does this content help anyone?? Only a narcissist would think it’s appropriate to put on a bikini for fawning comments. Disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 23