I'm a Celebrity, get Me out of Here 2023 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes it is quite fascinating. He literally does not give one tit about anything anyone says.
It’s quite a good position to take if you can. I am becoming more of a “don’t give a tit person” as I get older - I used to overthink everything.
The only thing that worries me these days, is if I unintentionally upset someone that I care about. I don’t think it happens often - I would like to think it’s a rare occurrence, so I don’t dwell on it too much.

Reactions: 22
Little bit of a tangent but it reminded me as Nella going off at Fred for an innocuous comment.

Someone was talking about Whataboutism on TikTok and gave the example of talking about bean soup and the comments all said things like “but I don’t like beans?” And in the very same comments post another comment posted about finding something that everyone agrees on and they said “chocolate is better than war” and a comment said “what if you don’t like chocolate. I’m allergic”

Influencers and people who live their lives entirely online have their brains so rotted by people sucking up to them that they cannot just ignore something that isn’t for them, the are incapable of ignoring it. They just have to kick up a fuss that it’s not for them because they think everything should be.

it reminded me of how she went off at Fred and Nigel. If someone in her Instagram or YouTube mentioned a parent or she met someone who had different political views, her fans would shoot them down in seconds… she’s not online so she can’t police what she’s exposed to and can’t react like a normal person because she’s so used to SoMe pandering to her.

IRL people will use phrases that may upset you. She should handle it privately like an adult. If you meet someone with diff political views and you HAVE to be in proximity to them, either civilly disagree or make a joke of it or something, don’t screech at them.
It really is a lack of basic social skills isn't it!??

Reactions: 21
Instead of listening to Nigel like an adult, she decided to respond hysterically by shouting over him. She wasn’t looking for a conversation or a debate - she was looking for an argument. I’m a couple of years older than her and I see this behaviour so much in people around our age. No self awareness, no social skills, no respect for others and thinks she’s always right. Don’t even get me started on the way she spoke to Fred. I wonder who her next target will be?

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I risk getting myself cancelled here, but i think Nigel is only saying that this tiny island of ours can only take so many people. Our infrastructure is creaking. We have a housing crisis. Our NHS is stretched beyond help. There's an unemployment issue etc. I actually don't think he's racist. He's saying our country is on its knees and needs to take control of it's borders. The more people we take in in an uncontrolled way, the more we have to support them. If you go to Australia you have to have x dollars in the bank, a job or skills you can offer the country, medical insurance etc. They won't take you over a certain age! Australia is known for sending illegal immigrants straight back without housing them at all. We pro accommodation, immediate nhs care, money.
The more people we welcome the more the population will grow (when they have children etc). We are literally a teeny tiny country - how can it go on unmanaged?
I think that's why he was saying 'just think about

it' to her but Nella was just hysterical and screaming in his face.
Should i see myself out? 🙈😅
sorry, but I can't ignore this

no, we don't live on a tiny island. It's 1000miles head to toe with a population of 67m. the uk isn't tuvalu

the infrastructure is "creaking" and the NHS is suffering due to years of tory neglect

and how great is the whole "taking control of the borders" thing going when there's people still out there dying in the channel?

nigel is partly responsible for these ideas taking hold and this is why I hate him being there

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
sorry, but I can't ignore this

no, we don't live on a tiny island. It's 1000miles head to toe with a population of 67m. the uk isn't tuvalu

the infrastructure is "creaking" and the NHS is suffering due to years of tory neglect

and how great is the whole "taking control of the borders" thing going when there's people still out there dying in the channel?

nigel is partly responsible for these ideas taking hold and this is why I hate him being there
People bypassing various safe countries to cross the channel to the UK is horrendous. It’s a dreadful situation and I don’t know any right minded person who doesn’t want it stopped.
Unfortunately The UK is pretty tiny - we have a huge financial deficit and a huge lack of housing and resources.

Jusr editing to apologise as I understand this is a TV thread and not a political one - sorry

Reactions: 26
I really hope things lighten up a bit in there. I cba with politics and lectures. I don’t watch IAC for that, just want to switch off and have a laugh watching them do horrible trials that I’d never be able to do.

Reactions: 21
Little bit of a tangent but it reminded me as Nella going off at Fred for an innocuous comment.

Someone was talking about Whataboutism on TikTok and gave the example of talking about bean soup and the comments all said things like “but I don’t like beans?” And in the very same comments post another comment posted about finding something that everyone agrees on and they said “chocolate is better than war” and a comment said “what if you don’t like chocolate. I’m allergic”

Influencers and people who live their lives entirely online have their brains so rotted by people sucking up to them that they cannot just ignore something that isn’t for them, the are incapable of ignoring it. They just have to kick up a fuss that it’s not for them because they think everything should be.

it reminded me of how she went off at Fred and Nigel. If someone in her Instagram or YouTube mentioned a parent or she met someone who had different political views, her fans would shoot them down in seconds… she’s not online so she can’t police what she’s exposed to and can’t react like a normal person because she’s so used to SoMe pandering to her.

IRL people will use phrases that may upset you. She should handle it privately like an adult. If you meet someone with diff political views and you HAVE to be in proximity to them, either civilly disagree or make a joke of it or something, don’t screech at them.
Agree with this. In addition I just think there is a tendency for debates to almost immediately spiral to extremes. It’s like you have to be either a literal Marxist, or the second coming of Hitler for expressing a view which just 10 years ago would have been pretty moderate. The world is becoming a place of absolutes. For example the immigration issue. I personally favour controlled immigration of highly skilled individuals to fill gaps in the Labour market, and for me a no borders approach is actually the extremist position. But controlled immigration has never equalled no immigration. Just as a calorie controlled diet doesn’t equal starvation, and saving on heating doesn’t equal huddling around a single candle in a snuddie. Some people I guess were just never taught a sense of perspective.

Remember. Small…..Far away….small….far away.

Reactions: 27
Sorry very late to the party with the Nella/Fred chat…

Absolutely appalled at how she handled what was clearly an innocent interaction… ignoring him and then being rude to him was so uncalled for, and I’m glad to see that the majority of social media agrees.

1. Fred is bleeping French, with English being his first language.

2. Fred is married to a black woman, with whom he has a child. There’s more that connects them than separates them.

3. It was so clearly taken out of context.

Reactions: 23
I risk getting myself cancelled here, but i think Nigel is only saying that this tiny island of ours can only take so many people. Our infrastructure is creaking. We have a housing crisis. Our NHS is stretched beyond help. There's an unemployment issue etc. I actually don't think he's racist. He's saying our country is on its knees and needs to take control of it's borders. The more people we take in in an uncontrolled way, the more we have to support them. If you go to Australia you have to have x dollars in the bank, a job or skills you can offer the country, medical insurance etc. They won't take you over a certain age! Australia is known for sending illegal immigrants straight back without housing them at all. We provide accommodation, immediate nhs care, money.
The more people we welcome the more the population will grow (when they have children etc). We are literally a teeny tiny country - how can it go on unmanaged?
I think that's why he was saying 'just think about it' to her but Nella was just hysterical and screaming in his face.
Should i see myself out? 🙈😅
Immigrants are net contributors to the economy and due to an aging population and declining birth rate we actually need them.
The issue is successive governments refuse to fund the infrastructure needed to house, provide health care and educate the population. Then when people are angry they can't see a doctor or get a council house, the people who are responsible for it point at the poor fucker fleeing a situation we likely contributed to and say "it's his fault, the country is full".

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Instead of listening to Nigel like an adult, she decided to respond hysterically by shouting over him. She wasn’t looking for a conversation or a debate - she was looking for an argument. I’m a couple of years older than her and I see this behaviour so much in people around our age. No self awareness, no social skills, no respect for others and thinks she’s always right. Don’t even get me started on the way she spoke to Fred. I wonder who her next target will be?
Yes she was looking for IAC classic moments - 'when Nella schooled Farage' - but he won't bite and simply doesn't care.
Others have said it - as an influencer she's used to giving a so called savage response then blocking people who disagree with her. Real life is not quite the same.

Reactions: 31
So much of Josie tonight. When itv favour a campmate, it puts me off them.

Reactions: 18
I met Tony/Nick in a bar in Edinburgh years ago when he was on a stag weekend with the guy that played Kurt, and he was so lovely.

My friends went over to chat with him, despite not knowing who he was, and I was so embarrassed... Leave him alone, he's on holiday...

... But he was so lovely... Let them try on his jacket, spoke to them for ages.

He's my tip to win. Hopefully he'll get a chance to show his personality.

Reactions: 19
Yes she was looking for IAC classic moments - 'when Nella schooled Farage' - but he won't bite and simply doesn't care.
Others have said it - as an influencer she's used to giving a so called savage response then blocking people who disagree with her. Real life is not quite the same.
But of course this will not stop her from claiming it happened anyway, and it won’t stop any number of her followers reinforcing her delusion by telling her she did online.

The truly depressing thing is she probably genuinely believes that she smacked down Farage with her brilliant debating skills.

Reactions: 24
I really hope things lighten up a bit in there. I cba with politics and lectures. I don’t watch IAC for that, just want to switch off and have a laugh watching them do horrible trials that I’d never be able to do.
I know - it’s become a bit inevitable with contestants raising topics and I do think it’s to the detriment of easy watching TV. They done it last year with Hancock to “draw viewers in”. I do think it should be entertainment though - we need Gillian Mckeiths amd the like to wind down to.

Reactions: 8
Nella is a bleep and she's getting too much screen time. She's clearly has a low mental and emotional intelligence level, however, there's no such thing as bad press so as long as we're all talking about her she's gonna keep getting screen time to keep ITVs ratings up.

ps I said last night Jamie Lynn would do well!! Although how easy was that challenge?

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.