Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

d0llhouse

I'm going to be honest on the body image issue.

One thing I always admired about Alix was that she made fashion videos, while being more voluptuous than the average YouTuber, without any focus on her size, weight or diet. She appeared completely relaxed and body-neutral about it.

When she lost weight, my perspective changed when I saw how quickly she began to declutter her bigger clothes. It indicated that she wanted to maintain her new body, despite it being a reflection of her grief and anxiety. I understand why this happens of course, but I can't help feeling slightly sad about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

carriexbradshaw

Sorry but why are people talking about her weight? 🙄 Pretty sure it's 2020 and women can do what, and look how they want. So what she's a yo-yoer, I personally think she looks great! She looks happy, trying a little bit too hard to be woke AF, but maybe that's her new thing because she wanted to change since her life changed? That happens a lot when you break up with someone after a long time/you have a life changing event such as a parent's death.

No wonder there's so many women trying to get down to a size which is unachievable!?

Last edited:

S12345

Forgot to add a couple of things..

It’s funny how she’s back with a couple of videos to shill for Black Friday. She even says at the start that she knows it’s everywhere right now and overwhelming so but still puts together an ASOS video to cash in on the AF links? Bet she’ll disappear from weeks now while the £££ rolls in. Must have been exhausting doing the description box.

The wide leg jeans I mentioned above also are stretched so tight across her tummy and crotch, why do these girls not size up? Snoozie is the same. A sure sign you’re squeezing yourself into something is when it stretches out like that!

Finally she’s wearing the apron/tabbard thing 😂

• Haha
Offfff courseeee miss 'oh hello guys long time no see' is back now🤣 it really rubbed me the wrong way her "I'm back 'at work' guys".... is she frickin serious!!!??? And that power suit on the last pic... too bad she didn't cover her nips properly🤭🙄🙄

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I’d just come here to say that! That bike is like £1200!!! Casually just bought one when she makes no content? How is she funding herself
Also, I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy, but she's hardly renowned for sticking at things. I bet after a few months it'll be sitting unloved in a corner somewhere. What a waste of money.

mascarara

Just caught up on her video, is there a surface she hasn’t covered with bits and bobs? She’s lucky to have a decent space but why fill it with so much beige clutter? 😂🤔
I was just thinking this while watching the vlog! She's only just bought the coffee table and what's the first thing she does? Runs off to H&M home to buy a whole bunch of stuff to put on it. She's not the only influencer who does this, and it's so hasty (and wasteful!) What about living with a piece of furniture for a while and getting used to it before deciding how you're going to "style" it? And what about *shock horror* looking at what you already own to see if any of that would work? There's just no originality or creativity involved, just mindless consumption.

• Heart

DeeSeni Noooo

VIP Member
More like spends 6 hours a day trawling through social media so she can emulate other influencers, thinking that being like them will bring her the happiness she's lost. She knows she's not being herself no more. No wonder she will only post once a month of this empty carbon copy she has created.

I follow her from 2016, in fact she was the first youtuber I started following, because, I use to look like her (with respect to the shape of my body) and that time there were not those many influencers with such good styling, beauty content as her who looked like her.
I liked how simple her life was, she use to INDULGE in 1 product in months and would be talking about it so particularly, how she stayed close to her family, meeting them once a week, her cute dog (who is still really cute) , and the real creativity she brought to her channel by taking genuine efforts.
I think with course of time, she just kept losing interest in this field of mindless shopping and making money, but she just kept at it, thinking she will gain following.
But now, I truly feel like she is moved on from these self indulgent youtubers and influencers or whatever the fuck we want to call them.
Its clear that she is struggling to find her foot because, she does not want to try harder or enough.
Her bank account probably saw a huge dip this year with all the CREAM shopping she has done, and did not earn enough.
I think thats the only reason she is doing Vlogmas this year. She is not 1% interested in being in front of the camera and knows and understands well that nothing happening is going on in her life, and she is living the same beige life in repeat mode.
I began by feeling sorry for her. But I genuinely think, she has moved on from this life, but is too lazy to move around and do something more creative or be prepared to put in the hard work.
She mentioned in todays insta story that she is editing her video, which makes me believe she and her brother dont work together anymore, probably she was not making enough profits to feed his family and hers.
She needs to either re-invent her channel or move on like Hannah and just leave the internet space.
If she continues creating content she really does not want to, things will keep getting worse for her mental health.

MoanyMinnie

Chatty Member
I forgot she existed and tried to watch her dull AF video but fell asleep! Took a look at her insta and her BF, he looks 15 yrs older, he does indeed look like he has a fake nose & glasses on! And he wears way too tight bottoms creating a Mamel-toe!
C0401B1C-EEF7-42AF-9AD2-F91A367DE3C6.jpeg
AF28621E-06B4-490D-AA53-EEC9BA571904.jpeg
C60B44A0-816A-47E7-A4B1-3B64379E4221.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
What the hell has happened her.
I get strong **Frumpy spinster trapped in the attic of her aunts London home with nothing but ancient books and candle wax to gnaw on vibes...**
😐

she seems so fake lately, her favourites upload seems so fake!!
and why is she wearing pillow cases and bed sheets as dresses

• Haha
Reactions: 14

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I think she must be very sick. It takes almost no effort at all to just do some random IG stories to keep up appearances even if you’re taking time off. For her to disappear like this after making a big comeback, something is very wrong.

• Sad

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I’m glad she has recovered from COVID and I’m sorry that happened to her.

However, I don’t think her story was ‘I‘ve been away because I was sick from COVID for months’. Rather, getting COVID (and recovering) and a number of other things caused her to spiral into another depressive episode in which she once again abandoned her career and isolated herself. There is no shame in suffering from depression and recognizing what it does to you. However, she normalizes the fact that she legit just stops working and goes through months thinking she just doesn’t want her career anymore. For someone else, the abrupt abandonment of work would have huge consequences. (I’m not necessarily saying that in the ‘she would just have to push through it!’ way because yes many do but also some do leave work), and you have to deal with that rather than just have yet another months long sabbatical where the comments are like ~omg take all the time you need~ when you return and nothing really changes.

Hearing her say she was second guessing YouTube itself, and then of course what does she decide? Oh, she’ll come back after all. Yes, they all do. They all end up coming back for another go because it’s so easy with crazy money. It’s like they never actually reevaluate their life, they just think the ‘new routine!’ thing is gonna change things.

I also agree that her freak out about not going home for Christmas was odd because she never should have planned to go and like... that is even more obvious since they both unknowingly had COVID and would’ve spread it around and across cities. Goes to show how important it was to ‘cancel Christmas’. I just found that whole thing very weird, like going on about how important Christmas was to you and bawling in your car but, oh yes turns out we had COVID even though I didn’t go anywhere. Hm.

kalechips

VIP Member
Full disclaimer I love Alix but I was so annoyed when she said she likes to by cheap versions of things before investing in the higher end versions of them...I know she never claimed to be a sustainability guru but jesus does she generate alot of waste. I don't even understand how she can fit all her clothes into her apartment.

• Heart

_Laura

Chatty Member
There’s a girl on YouTube who lost her mum a year or so ago and she is so honest about grief and it makes you empathetic towards her, she has shown parts of her journey and it also shows it’s not all how some people think
Maybe the way she deals with her mum's passing is not all how some people think but I don't think there's a right and wrong way, or a textbook way, of dealing with loss and grief...

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I am officially renaming her

I convent thee - content from the nunnery.
245A7DA2-3647-42BE-AD4D-05FF1E1005F6.jpeg

remember when Alix actually showed her chest and bare shoulders 😮
sinner....

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

emzo22

I had a little nosey (From a business perspective) I covet thee had net assets of 12K in 2018 and late to file accounts. Hello October net assets 172K in 2019 and 134k (2018)

It shows how much money is to be made, but she can't be paying herself much money if only 12K net assets. There is so much potential but sadly her channel is stagnated

• Wow

VNaylor

Chatty Member
Was going to say similar. These guys are getting paid more than we think, £1,000s per post sometimes, plus aff links, YouTube ads income, she gets a lot of things gifted, it adds up. Also I don't think it's our business whether she has inheritance and how she chooses to spend it. To each their own. She's entitled to do what she wants with it.
I don’t think anyone’s disputing her right to spend her money how she chooses; I think people are surprised and speculating given her lack of output/work that she can afford it!
But given influencers get ridiculous amounts of cash, maybe it’s not so surprising that someone who does the bare minimum can still make bank