Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fofoca

Chatty Member
I wouldn’t take book advice from someone who chose to display their books with the spines inward to create an aesthetically~ pleasing bookcase:rolleyes:
I really like how the black text pops against the off white pages. Is it off white? Light beige? Dark white? Oatly cream? Also, you can’t swipe up to turn the page. And this one is my favourite book because it fits into my handbag and I can take it to a coffee shop for photos.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
I really feel for her because she does seem to be floundering, and I agree with her that we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves during a pandemic BUT I really take issue with her (and every influencer's) understanding of self-care. Self-care shouldn't just be giving yourself a free pass to do nothing and give in to your every want. Self-care should include discipline to do the things you know you have to do. If she likes her job as much as she says she does then IMO she really should buckle down and get back to doing actual work. I don't mean to sound unsympathetic and I get she's been through so much and lockdown has been hard for everyone, but I feel like she's taking it unusually hard for someone who has been lucky enough to not have lost her job, home, or a loved one because of it. I get the anxiety that comes with the pandemic, but what has lockdown taken away from her? Going out shopping and eating out in restaurants? I wonder if all these influencers are taking lockdown so hard because it has forced them to come to terms with the fact that they have no hobbies or interests outside of consumerism. Sorry for the long rant, I'm so tired of seeing all these youtubers who are in some of the most secure positions talk about covid like its something that has happened specifically to them and not a major global event that involves everybody.
Goodness! If I could love this1000x more I would!

I knobs off thought we were collectively past the inane definition of self-care. And it’s funny, because I was saying to a colleague yesterday that I was having a hard time. She suggested self-care — I should get my hair cut or get a massage or buy something. I rebutted with “I don’t believe in self-care in that sense because it’s just an excuse to spend money and not actually care for myself”. These self-care moments don’t get to the root of the issue and I wish Alix would see the root of the issue — no structure, IMO.

Anyway - great post.

• Heart
Alix’s voice at the start of the video was so sanctimonious! She was speaking about that bloody sippy cup like she had discovered the key to true enlightenment!

And yes, those eyebrows

• Haha
  • Wow

S12345

Sorry for the double post but I just flicked through the coat video, she talks a lot about her silhouette but did she not look at how unflattering those jeans are and where they cut her off when she’s wearing those long coats? 😩 It’s the flare and then man boots with the coats that sit somewhere in between the two 😂

Again with the super tight around the waist jeans too - when they gather, stretch and crease like that they are too tight! She is the last person I would ever take style advice from.

• Heart

d0llhouse

I just wish she'd learn to record her videos in advance to cover her inevitable periods of absence. Instead of posting five videos a fortnight when she's feeling well, why not stretch that content over a month by scheduling one video a week? Is that not obvious?

Lockdown or no lockdown, a '2020 Favourites' video (for example) should have been recorded by mid-December. She's been doing this long enough to know the content cycle. January is easy pickings for yearly reviews, requiring minimal editing and plentiful affiliate links.

Work smarter, Alix.

• Heart

ccocopops_16

Chatty Member
I forgot she existed and tried to watch her dull AF video but fell asleep! Took a look at her insta and her BF, he looks 15 yrs older, he does indeed look like he has a fake nose & glasses on! And he wears way too tight bottoms creating a Mamel-toe!
View attachment 273943View attachment 273944View attachment 273945
I've always thought his jeans looked too tight on him but that shot of him in the shorts is just...NO. If my guy walked around looking like that I'd have to say something. Or at least burn those shorts.

• Haha

positivitea29

I hope Alix is okay, i relate to her introverted/awkward personality and you can really tell she's struggling at the moment.

• Heart

lastfl0wers

If I'm honest, I actually find it worrying. I think, while most bloggers and influencers have the privilege of getting away with a relatively light workload, that her behaviour seems to go way past "lazy"and into quite a sad and worrying territory. I don't even wanna complain about her lack of awareness regarding her relatively privileged position, especially in this pandemic (in that some people are on the brink of existence, are losing or have lost everything, including family and homes or their lives, so it's a big deal and she's lucky to be obviously relatively ok financially and safe in her setup), and I also don't wanna moan about how her viewers are owed content, I just genuinely wanna know if she's ok.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Anna’s been using the same brow product - Refy. The brand was also started by an influencer. So, we’re supposed to be overlining our lips and now our brows?!? LOL STAHPPPP.

• Haha

ChatNoir

I think Lizzy + Lindsay are more into imitating Sarah and Joanna Halpin while Alix is replicating BB. You might think it's the same style because at first sight it seems like it but not really, there are subtle differences, like for example the big baloney dresses that only BB has the balls to wear (and now Alix) that for example Lizzy would never wear. BB (and Alix) wears a lot of really nice fitted tailoring while L+L are more into everything really oversized and loungey looking, like dark academia vibes. Definitely pretty similar but still not quite the same.
I can't really place Emma Hill, i'd say she's closer to BB's style but less stylish and has more of an office vibe.
I seem crazy :ROFLMAO:

Hally34

VIP Member
Gonna preface this to say that I have absolutely zero knowledge of the inner workings of influencer marketing as I work in a completely different field, but I see influencers with much smaller followings than her constantly doing ads. I’m a bit confused how someone with Alix’s following has gotten to a point of not doing any paid work whatsoever. Has she just wasted all opportunity due to lack of effort, is it the fact that she no longer has management or is it that she has low engagement etc? If anyone has any insight I’d be super interested!
Ive a feeling this isn’t through lack of opportunities. Maybe she just isn’t feeling it anymore. I’m sure it’s very lucrative but it can be a pretty soulless job can’t it shilling the latest trendy consumer product. Yeah you get free stuff and paid well but maybe she wants to do something else. If that is the case it would be nice if she spoke about it, if she’s changing career. So many people think being an influencer is a dream job so showing the negative sides (trolling, insecurities, competitiveness) and why one might quit is good to see.

• Heart

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Regardless of regulations, if your country is still seeing an increase in cases and if you can avoid traveling, just avoid traveling. Why put yourselves and others at risk if you don’t have to? We’ve all made sacrifices this year. Just because her content is stale and she’s having a tough time doesn’t give her the right to put others at risk. Honestly, it’s plain entitlement and a disregard for others, especially for those who are having to cater to tourists from other parts of the country.

And I know, people who still have jobs need to work, but let’s remember it’s the government’s job to take care of it’s citizens and protect it’s industries. If it would rather put people at risk unnecessarily than provide enough financial support to those most affected, we need to be mad at the government. Frontline workers who are otherwise underpaid at the best of times and who don’t have a choice to stay home, are the most at risk.

fadedglow

lol at how she instantaneously when back to sporadic posting after going on about wanting to try harder and be more more consistent. It's disappointing because she's genuinely one of my favourites, but she's lost my respect now. How are people supposed to value what she does when she doesn't value work herself?

Reactions: 13

kalechips

VIP Member
You think Joe might be fed up very soon? I mean I know there were lots of people on this thread saying that Joe is such a great guy not leaving Alix like Darren blah blah. Remember though that Darren walking away does not make him a monster nor does Joe staying making him a saint. It just seems a bit unfair to expect from the dude to devote all his time and energy to her problems. At the end of the day she must be the one who wants to leave all the shit, depression and anxiety behind. I really hope they're not pregnant. Neither of them is ready for this. 🙄
I always thought her and Joe seemed pretty solid. And there isn't ever a good time to break up with someone and Darren breaking up with her doesn't make him a monster but doing it when she lost her mum is honestly really really low and does speak volumes about the kind of person he is. I always thought she was way out of his league though and that she'd be the one to leave him.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
I think she’s super co-dependent because she’s never really been by herself. It seemed like a very quick transition from Darren to Joe and they moved in together so soon after starting to date. I think her life revolves around her partners, which is probably why she has a hard time getting through difficult situations: she’s always got someone to rely on to do everything for her. She doesn’t have to be accountable to anyone or anything (work, kids, etc.). Someone above mentioned how she seems really maladjusted and I think that’s accurate. Obviously she’s had to endure significant loss and probably has abandonment issues (ironically, she’s totally fine abandoning work), but she doesn’t strike me as the most independent person.

Sunburnsjess

Imagine just deciding January and February are “cancelled” and not starting the new year (and returning to work) till March. It’s pretty embarrassing she’s even saying that out loud in my opinion.

• Wow

HelloStereo

VIP Member
She said she doesn't have the energy to change for a trip to Sainsbury's. Must be so tiring taking selfies and playing on her Nintendo Switch all day.

• Haha