Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sophie90

I’ve loved Alix for years and previously really loved her content. I often still put her videos on in the background when I’m doing something (albeit I tend to go for the videos from around 2+ years ago). But I’m so close to unsubscribing it’s actually really sad! She’s not had a regular uploading schedule for years now & the videos she does put up are so dull & just lacklustre. Even her instagram is boring. In her latest story she looks so dead behind the eyes & sad in the face. The two photos below are only 18 months apart and the difference is shocking. She looks so stylish & fresh on the pic on the left 😞
6C5FE031-843F-41C7-A838-22623AB3C2EC.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

buffalobarbie

I really don’t think she does go out and do things on a daily basis. We never see any evidence of her doing anything really other than going for coffee, hanging out with her bf and walking the dog. I was watching her week in outfits thinking why the hell would you spend over 600 pounds on a coat when you barely ever leave the house?! What is the point of her having so many new clothes all the time? Surely she must have a million pairs of jeans by now, I don’t get it. It’s so wasteful and greedy. Bad for the environment and bad for her bank balance too no doubt.

From what we see on social media she leads quite an empty life, no proper job (she doesn’t even treat YouTube like a job really), very few friends, no purpose besides hanging around with her bf. Maybe she tries to fill the hole with shopping - I think that is quite common. She likes to dress as though she has a professional career, fancy dinners out etc. but she has none of that. I also get the feeling she’s hanging on until she has a baby and she’ll disappear from social media forever.

You think Joe might be fed up very soon? I mean I know there were lots of people on this thread saying that Joe is such a great guy not leaving Alix like Darren blah blah. Remember though that Darren walking away does not make him a monster nor does Joe staying making him a saint. It just seems a bit unfair to expect from the dude to devote all his time and energy to her problems. At the end of the day she must be the one who wants to leave all the shit, depression and anxiety behind. I really hope they're not pregnant. Neither of them is ready for this. 🙄

• Heart

Sunburnsjess

And she’s disappeared again....how are they making rent and keeping Moon in dog treats!
Don’t worry, she’s back... she was just busy watching Gilmore girls all week apparently 🙄 comes back from holiday and takes a week off instagram i.e. her job?! Wow how relatable for those of us that work full time. Honestly no idea how she’s able to still make being an influencer her full time job. Or is she living off savings? Makes no sense to me.

H91

I’ve unsubscribed. It’s so drab to have such boring, sad and inconsistent content in my feed, but I do truly hope her real life is more joyful than her online life!

kalechips

VIP Member
She should have a least filmed a couple of videos before making her "im back" announcement to fall back on

• Heart

Takkat

I've always enjoyed Alix's videos and always gave her the benefit of doubt. But resurfacing after two months of being MIA and then going back to radio silence after two weeks only....I feel very disappointed. She's lost her credibility :(

VNaylor

Chatty Member
The darker hair looks good, the brows don’t.

As I predicted, back after such a long, unannounced break and proposing to do a ‘life update’ video, which I’m guessing will have some vague references to MH and big plans for 2021 which won’t come to fruition. My bet is she’ll just go back to same cycle of beige hauls and beauty favourites....

VNaylor

Chatty Member
Crickets...
Again

I did see her stories about Sarah Everard the other day, and thought it was well written. She could probably get work in copywriting or SEO if she’s finding YT and IG too much

Helmi

The less you do, the less you want to do. Suddenly a full day is making your meals, watching a show and doing a load of washing.
This is so true, 100 percent. I was unemployed for almost the whole year of 2020 and while I tried my best to keep myself occupied and active, towards the end, I didn't really do much at all during the day. Now that I am back to working full time, I genuinely do not know how I managed to spend my days watching YouTube videos and Netflix. If I went to the library and the supermarket on the same day, it genuinely felt like a busy day to me, I am not even kidding. Looking back, I was definitely depressed to some degree.

Alix would really benefit to having a management company telling her what to do and giving some type of structure to her work. I wonder why she was kicked off from her previous management and why she hasn't found a new one. She still has a loyal fan base (lord knows why) and actually produces decent content, when she has the motivation to do so.

• Heart

VNaylor

Chatty Member
Oh, that collared shirt is certainly a ‘look’....
I know ‘flattering’ is such a loaded word, and like others here, I do commend her for trying different silhouettes and shapes, but this cottage core vibe doesn’t suit her.
Also, the last dinner out, last spin class thing is really annoying for someone with stated health anxiety, who cracked it earlier in the year when people weren’t social distancing in a park when she was walking her dog!

• Sad

VNaylor

Chatty Member
I Covet Thee Bingo: Upcoming videos and IG posts - place your bets now 😉😉

- Spring fashion haul - Zara or H&M (with AL, naturally!)
- Spring home haul - as above
- Get ready with me / vague life update with even vaguer references to MH
- wardrobe clear out / organisation
- DIY
- what I eat in a day / peloton update

• Haha

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Maybe she is working creating content and doing brand consultancy for others, so not creating for her own channels? If she is introverted that might suit her better. I guess we don't know what else she might be doing to earn money?
I would love an honest how I earn, how much I earn etc. (not just from alix though.)

• Heart

buffalobarbie

898EAEAC-AA9B-40A7-AE3E-B3D446AA1ABE.jpeg
Straight after a week off “work” posting about having an indulgent bath with freebie products at midday on a Monday 😭 I’ve been up since 5am working on a deadline, I’m cold and tired and I am so jealous right now.

• Heart
  • Angry

ccocopops_16

Chatty Member
Alix, while rubbing a sweater made of acrylic and polystyrene (I kid you not): "ooh this is so so soft"

Sure, it might be soft now, but it'll be horrible after a washing or two.

• Haha
  • Heart