Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s difficult - on one hand, does she ‘owe’ her audience / followers some sort of explanation given they essentially pay her wage and she has let us until her life a bit, but on the other hand, she also has the right to say ‘sod it’ and disappear.

I think she tries to do both and have these unannounced breaks for 4-6 weeks and then comes back with vague updates and tries to pick up where she left off. She must be happy enough with it, but I think she needs to re-evaluate
I think its unrealistic of her to think (if she does) that her audience will stick around if she keeps doing this. If she isn't around for weeks on end, why should her audience stay? For the one photo a month she shares on instagram of herself wearning another grey/cream tracksuit?

I think people follow Alix because they like her. But we see less and less of her lately.

Reactions: 13
I used to love her content back in the day and thought she could really evolve but obviously she experienced grief and heartbreak and loss all at once and it never really got back on track.
I'm with everyone - she needs to be consistent and if not, she should consider whether she should be continuing to pursue this. If this were any other field or any other job, she'd long have been fired now. I feel like whatever passive income she has right now (or Joe) is probably also enabling her to not deal with whatever she has going on, because like a lot of people have pointed out, they don't have the luxury of just disappearing from obligations because their mental health has taken a nosedive.

Reactions: 9
I don't mean to always try to turn this into a rave thread lol but I wish she would just start vlogging again, not even super edited, moody, BB ripoff type of vlogs, just like the old school youtube ones. Even if it's just her walking her dog and cooking. She has a calm genuine presence that is nice to see in videos.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I feel Alix was happier in Brighton....closer to her dad/brother. Don't think London suits her - the city can be draining.

Reactions: 7
Rewatching some of her recent videos as background, and they are soothing (although she rambles a lot).
One thing I did like is she acknowledges she uses ‘click bait’ video titles, such as the vegan food (vlogmas) and capsule collection (ASOS haul) which is refreshing.

i hope she gets herself sorted. I do wonder if it’s her perfectionism (possible anxiety symptom holding her back); everything in her house is too immaculate and styled!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
This is the longest “break” she’s had in a while, do we think she’s actually completely given up with YouTube etc this time?

Reactions: 5
If I'm honest, I actually find it worrying. I think, while most bloggers and influencers have the privilege of getting away with a relatively light workload, that her behaviour seems to go way past "lazy"and into quite a sad and worrying territory. I don't even wanna complain about her lack of awareness regarding her relatively privileged position, especially in this pandemic (in that some people are on the brink of existence, are losing or have lost everything, including family and homes or their lives, so it's a big deal and she's lucky to be obviously relatively ok financially and safe in her setup), and I also don't wanna moan about how her viewers are owed content, I just genuinely wanna know if she's ok.

Reactions: 14
If I'm honest, I actually find it worrying. I think, while most bloggers and influencers have the privilege of getting away with a relatively light workload, that her behaviour seems to go way past "lazy"and into quite a sad and worrying territory. I don't even wanna complain about her lack of awareness regarding her relatively privileged position, especially in this pandemic (in that some people are on the brink of existence, are losing or have lost everything, including family and homes or their lives, so it's a big deal and she's lucky to be obviously relatively ok financially and safe in her setup), and I also don't wanna moan about how her viewers are owed content, I just genuinely wanna know if she's ok.
Once all this nonsense is over, I’d love her to go out to work every day and meet people, have some routine. I think it would do her the world of good!

Reactions: 8
Have we ever confirmed that she doesn't have a second job? It could explain her lack of vlogging/posting her day, if she doesn't want people to know.

I hope she's okay, I've always liked Alix --- even with her ridiculously oversized Victorian doll dresses.

I just looked her up on Depop, and says ‘seller inactive’ although she has listings up still.
This is the longest radio silence in awhile, so hopefully she’s okay

• Sad
Reactions: 6
It's just weird she hasn't posted anything yet. Not even a "let's talk" video/stories. Anything at all addressing her "break" after lockdown.
If you check people who tagged her on instagram, you'll see she did some ads (is this what it's really called?) for a brand named The Feel Good Oil CBII in December and January. I thought it was really unusual because she didn't post it on her feed. The brand did on their feed.

Maybe she's comfortable with money and that's why she's not back yet.

Reactions: 8
It's just weird she hasn't posted anything yet. Not even a "let's talk" video/stories. Anything at all addressing her "break" after lockdown.
If you check people who tagged her on instagram, you'll see she did some ads (is this what it's really called?) for a brand named The Feel Good Oil CBII in December and January. I thought it was really unusual because she didn't post it on her feed. The brand did on their feed.

Good sleuth work lol :) Hopefully she does a video/ad about the CBD oil. I only tried one brand and it didn't really have an affect on me...if anything it made me 'edgy'. Would love to find a brand that works.

Reactions: 3

Good sleuthing and how odd of her not to post it; surely that would be a requirement of a paid partnership so they get the advantage of exposure to her audience and not just theirs?

Reactions: 6
Good sleuthing and how odd of her not to post it; surely that would be a requirement of a paid partnership so they get the advantage of exposure to her audience and not just theirs?
You’d think... those posts got a tiny amount of engagement

Reactions: 3
This is actually fairly common - brands will ask for content for their social media feeds/advertising, with no obligation to post on your own. I assume it’s a way of generating ‘organic’ and ‘authentic’ content at a cheaper rate than they could themselves (cost of hiring a photographer, models, transport etc), while also potentially attracting influencers/content creators who wouldn’t otherwise be happy to advertise the brand, as it wouldn’t fit with the rest of their social media. I’ll attach an example below from a fairly big brand!
C8F4DE09-633A-4003-8352-23E65CE69070.png

• Wow
Thank you, guys! Feeling like a detective right now :LOL:. I didn't know these kind of posts were a thing. Very interesting.
I really hope she's fine.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.