Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry I wil be a wee bit harsh, but I don't buy it. If she is happy good for her. Yet to me she looked like she had a few bottles of bubbly topped up with acid... ugly dress wasn't oversized anymore too, now it just fits and makes her look even biggeršŸ™„ at this point I'm only waiting for her to be "back" yet again with a plethora of affiliate links to boost her budget. Sorry Alix, I'm not buying your sudden happiness, although I'm glad you're with someone you can lean on.
Alix always seemed pretty clean living, she only recently started drinking (with joe) I would be shocked if she did drugs.

Though 2020 was a weird year.

Reactions: 5
Without giving away specifics, which area of London is Alix in? Does she have a good park or Common nearby? Getting out there as much as possible during Tier 4 might help - for the fresh air and space etc.
Based on what sheā€™s shown in vlogs sheā€™s in the Muswell Hill/Crouch End area. Hope thatā€™s okay for me to say, she has filmed/talked about coffee shops/restaurants/yoga studios in that area whilst referring to them as her locals, so itā€™s in the public arena.

Thereā€™s plenty of lovely green spaces in that area for walks, sheā€™s lucky!

Reactions: 4
Alix always seemed pretty clean living, she only recently started drinking (with joe) I would be shocked if she did drugs.

Though 2020 was a weird year.
I'm not saying she isšŸ¤­ sorry for confusion. I just meant those pictures give off that sort of vibe. No, I don't think Alix would dabble into drugs. As for drinking, she definitely drank regularly (not in a drunkee or alko kind of way) even back when she was single spending time with her brother, but that's not a crimešŸ˜‹ have to say I did really like that sparkly eyeshadow on herāœŒ

Reactions: 1
Thereā€™s no way sheā€™s still earning a living given how sporadically she posts, is there?! Or am I seriously underestimating how much influencers make? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen anyone that posts as sporadically as Alix, and I donā€™t think she even did any ads in the lead up to Christmas which is when other influencers generally get a lot of paid work it seems. I know sheā€™s been through a lot in past years, but itā€™s crazy to think how much sheā€™s stagnated while her peers have continued to grow. While I do genuinely hope her mental health is okay, surely itā€™s time for her to reconsider the influencer gig at this point and look into other career avenues.

Reactions: 11
Alix reminds me of another 'influencer' Jess Hamilton. She's always disappearing then coming back and saying 'she's back' and 'what content do you want to see' and she'll do it for a week, maybe two then naff off again. She suffers from anxiety, ok, I empathise but then maybe you should think that this job isn't for you and get a job that's less anxiety provoking.

Reactions: 7
Alix reminds me of another 'influencer' Jess Hamilton. She's always disappearing then coming back and saying 'she's back' and 'what content do you want to see' and she'll do it for a week, maybe two then naff off again. She suffers from anxiety, ok, I empathise but then maybe you should think that this job isn't for you and get a job that's less anxiety provoking.
Iā€™ve suffered from anxiety too so I know how debilitating it can be (and have been through a lot of therapy etc), but Iā€™ve also never had the luxury to disappear from my job. I donā€™t know, maybe her mental health issues are more severe than sheā€™s letting on? If thatā€™s the case, I feel for her, but itā€™s obvious she canā€™t continue to be successful as an influencer if she never posts anything.

Like many of you I've had to deal with anxiety and bouts of depression so I don't want to minimise her situation at all, but I think Alix needs some tough love.

Life is hard. But we go on because we must. You have to participate in your life, you can't disappear when it gets hard.
She's the only one who can save herself, albeit with the help of therapists, psychiatrists, medication -- but she's the one who has to want to, she's the one who has to give the impulse.

Reactions: 12
Hmmm by no means do I want to diminish her issues, because anxiety, depression and real life problems are way too important to treat them lightly. However is it possible she's playing it up a bit? As in oh everyone, especially my followers minions feel bad for me, so when I come back again to grab money for a new designer handbag you will just support me and buy whatever I advertise kind of thing. What do we all think?

Hmmm by no means do I want to diminish her issues, because anxiety, depression and real life problems are way too important to treat them lightly. However is it possible she's playing it up a bit? As in oh everyone, especially my followers minions feel bad for me, so when I come back again to grab money for a new designer handbag you will just support me and buy whatever I advertise kind of thing. What do we all think?
Though that is the case with many other influencers, like Estee for instance, I don't believe that Alix is in a good place mentally or financially. She barely generates an income.

Reactions: 2
Iā€™ve suffered from anxiety too so I know how debilitating it can be (and have been through a lot of therapy etc), but Iā€™ve also never had the luxury to disappear from my job. I donā€™t know, maybe her mental health issues are more severe than sheā€™s letting on? If thatā€™s the case, I feel for her, but itā€™s obvious she canā€™t continue to be successful as an influencer if she never posts anything.
Oh it really can be and I suffer from it too, which is why the thought of being an influencer/putting myself on display fills me with dread. So I do wonder why these girls persist with a career that makes them disappear when it gets too much - maybe thatā€™s it, maybe thatā€™s why they do it. What other job can you take leave from as often as influencers do? šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 8
I also suffer from anxiety, but I have to go to work anyway. Today, for instance, was a day I couldn't basically get nothing done (COVID - in Brazil - has broken me), but I checked everything I absolutely had to do... I think Joe pays the bills... I don't know, or she has big savings, or another job, because she hasn't worked at all in days. It's just weird. Maybe she's been trying to have marvelous ideas, and can't actually find them, and then she gets so frustrated that she can't do anything at all. Maybe she'll make videos when money gets short, and thats OK, I don't think it's nice but I understand... she could tell us what's going on. What's actually going on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I also suffer from anxiety, but I have to go to work anyway. Today, for instance, was a day I couldn't basically get nothing done (COVID - in Brazil - has broken me), but I checked everything I absolutely had to do... I think Joe pays the bills... I don't know, or she has big savings, or another job, because she hasn't worked at all in days. It's just weird. Maybe she's been trying to have marvelous ideas, and can't actually find them, and then she gets so frustrated that she can't do anything at all. Maybe she'll make videos when money gets short, and thats OK, I don't think it's nice but I understand... she could tell us what's going on. What's actually going on.
I think youā€™ve touched on a few things here, if she had a normal job sheā€™d have to turn up and just go things or go to the doctor and get signed off, I assume sheā€™s got money from her house and her mum, but I really hope sheā€™s just okay. I hope joe is encouraging her to get back to work or seek some help

I think some of Alixā€™s audience (including people on here) have a lot of empathy for her given her mumā€™s death, but, like others, in a few weeks or so, Iā€™m expecting a ā€˜life updateā€™ video where she very vaguely touches on mental health issues, before we probably get some hauls, declutter and then radio silence again.

Iā€™d also be surprised if sheā€™s consistently making a good income given sporadic posts and videos and lack of paid partnerships (she seems to get mostly gifted stuff), but I guess itā€™s lucrative enough at the moment, and the ability for her to pause whenever she wants seems to suit her, but I think her unreliability would have to impact her ability to work with brands

I think youā€™ve touched on a few things here, if she had a normal job sheā€™d have to turn up and just go things or go to the doctor and get signed off, I assume sheā€™s got money from her house and her mum, but I really hope sheā€™s just okay. I hope joe is encouraging her to get back to work or seek some help
I agree with you! I also hope she's ok, it's been such a hard time for everyone. I really liked her content. I do wish her well!! Joe seems to be really supportive (of her work, at least. Darryl didn't even want to appear sometimes... I never really liked him much) and maybe Joe is the one that's been holding everything together, not just financially. It's kind of hard to judge, but she's missing so much. At least here in Brazil, 2020 was as good year for influencers due to the pandemic - a lot of paid partnerships and so. It just seems to me she's stuck, unable do move on. I hope she seeks help and get back on her feet soon.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really wish Alix would be more transparent about how she makes money as an influencer. I hate that money is such a taboo subject, but itā€™s also unrealistic for us to believe sheā€™s earning a living by sporadically uploading hauls. I know, I know. Affliate links and cookies...but wouldnā€™t brand partnerships be more lucrative? Itā€™s also kind of disingenuous for those people who follow her and think ā€œOh, I can do this. Alix doesnā€™t upload regularly, but it looks like sheā€™s able to buy new stuff and live comfortably, so Iā€™m going to that tooā€. And then to still be doing a job where 1) her work isnā€™t consistent and 2) it obviously affects her mental health is just bananas to me. The age old question - does the money really outweigh the impact to her mental health?

Maybe sheā€™s just gone overboard with the quality street? She had already gone back up to her usual weight after losing some when her mum died, so a few Xmas food extra pounds on top arenā€™t going to make her want to reach for the camera

Reactions: 2
I just wish she'd learn to record her videos in advance to cover her inevitable periods of absence. Instead of posting five videos a fortnight when she's feeling well, why not stretch that content over a month by scheduling one video a week? Is that not obvious?

Lockdown or no lockdown, a '2020 Favourites' video (for example) should have been recorded by mid-December. She's been doing this long enough to know the content cycle. January is easy pickings for yearly reviews, requiring minimal editing and plentiful affiliate links.

Work smarter, Alix.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I just wish she'd learn to record her videos in advance to cover her inevitable periods of absence. Instead of posting five videos a fortnight when she's feeling well, why not stretch that content over a month by scheduling one video a week? Is that not obvious?

Lockdown or no lockdown, a '2020 Favourites' video (for example) should have been recorded by mid-December. She's been doing this long enough to know the content cycle. January is easy pickings for yearly reviews, requiring minimal editing and plentiful affiliate links.

Work smarter, Alix.
Totally agree! Same with photos for Insta; you could take a whole series in different outfits (which I think Emma Hill does) and stretch them out with a scheduling app

Veganuary Alix! She seems to be a vegetarian who does veganuary and this is easy watchable content. Normal couple, normal size, no crazy powders or supplements but normal plant based food, food prep for a week, prepping on a budget and only shopping once a week under lockdown rules being careful etc. Could have been easy weekly videos!

• Heart
Has Alix been posting anything on IG? I donā€™t follow her there.

Iā€™ve just spotted her in the comments on a vlog Iā€™m watching

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.