Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve officially given up on her. No videos for 2 months and it was sporadic at best before that. Her other content appears to only be about pastries and snow days and this is what people who don’t work in social media post about so she just blends in even more!
I feel the same way :(

Reactions: 3
I’ve officially given up on her. No videos for 2 months and it was sporadic at best before that. Her other content appears to only be about pastries and snow days and this is what people who don’t work in social media post about so she just blends in even more!
Yeah, I held out some hope, but I post more interesting content than she does 😂😬

Reactions: 7
I really wish she would just say it out loud she's not a youtuber/influencer😅 anymore. But noooo, ig stories made of four parts and three of them about effing gifted pastries aaaand links to them in all of the parts🙄🙄🙄we get it Alix you really want us to get pastries so you get money... makes me wonder if goodfood paid her to advertise that pancake recipe too🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I really wish she would just say it out loud she's not a youtuber/influencer😅 anymore. But noooo, ig stories made of four parts and three of them about effing gifted pastries aaaand links to them in all of the parts🙄🙄🙄we get it Alix you really want us to get pastries so you get money... makes me wonder if goodfood paid her to advertise that pancake recipe too🤷‍♀️
Oh I missed about the pastries. What was that? The pancakes are still on her stories.

Reactions: 2
Oh I missed about the pastries. What was that? The pancakes are still on her stories.
She received some pastries right before that pancake story. Made a four part ig story about it and in three parts out of four she put links to the company...I mean one would suffice I'm sure. It's just pastries, but it rubs me the wrong way when she tries to be ohsocasualandrelatable, but really hopes for money. At this point I do not believe her at all. She could post about something without any links and I still would know she's somehow advertising for £££🙄🙄😅

Reactions: 9
Gonna preface this to say that I have absolutely zero knowledge of the inner workings of influencer marketing as I work in a completely different field, but I see influencers with much smaller followings than her constantly doing ads. I’m a bit confused how someone with Alix’s following has gotten to a point of not doing any paid work whatsoever. Has she just wasted all opportunity due to lack of effort, is it the fact that she no longer has management or is it that she has low engagement etc? If anyone has any insight I’d be super interested!

Reactions: 7
Gonna preface this to say that I have absolutely zero knowledge of the inner workings of influencer marketing as I work in a completely different field, but I see influencers with much smaller followings than her constantly doing ads. I’m a bit confused how someone with Alix’s following has gotten to a point of not doing any paid work whatsoever. Has she just wasted all opportunity due to lack of effort, is it the fact that she no longer has management or is it that she has low engagement etc? If anyone has any insight I’d be super interested!
I think a combination of all of the above. She just doesn’t seem particularly ambitious or invested enough in it (irregular uploads, filing her company records late, no consistent paid partnerships).

I remember reading somewhere (maybe Guru Gossip) that she used to be represented by Gleam but was dropped. I’d be curious to know if that’s true and why she was dropped as she’s not had a big scandal or anything.

Reactions: 4
Ive a feeling this isn’t through lack of opportunities. Maybe she just isn’t feeling it anymore. I’m sure it’s very lucrative but it can be a pretty soulless job can’t it shilling the latest trendy consumer product. Yeah you get free stuff and paid well but maybe she wants to do something else. If that is the case it would be nice if she spoke about it, if she’s changing career. So many people think being an influencer is a dream job so showing the negative sides (trolling, insecurities, competitiveness) and why one might quit is good to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ive a feeling this isn’t through lack of opportunities. Maybe she just isn’t feeling it anymore. I’m sure it’s very lucrative but it can be a pretty soulless job can’t it shilling the latest trendy consumer product. Yeah you get free stuff and paid well but maybe she wants to do something else. If that is the case it would be nice if she spoke about it, if she’s changing career. So many people think being an influencer is a dream job so showing the negative sides (trolling, insecurities, competitiveness) and why one might quit is good to see.
At this point I do not believe in anything pure, interesting or not money hungry in relation to Alix, but for your really lovely and kind way of thinking (no sarcasm here) I salute you👍👍🙂

Reactions: 12
Okay, I swear I’m not obsessed with Alix and I do have a life - but my baby will only nap on me at the moment, so watching a lot of TV/YT.

But I was rewatching her 2020 goals video, and it was actually so sad. 2020 was obviously a firestorm, but she didn’t seem to do or work towards anything she mentioned. Even needing Joe to go with her after Moon escaped is pretty sad.

Reactions: 6
At this point I do not believe in anything pure, interesting or not money hungry in relation to Alix, but for your really lovely and kind way of thinking (no sarcasm here) I salute you👍👍🙂
I’m with you there, she’s been lazy and inconsistent a long time before things went bad in her personal life. She’s incredibly lucky to have any follower base left.

Reactions: 6
I’m with you there, she’s been lazy and inconsistent a long time before things went bad in her personal life. She’s incredibly lucky to have any follower base left.
fair, I hope at this point she is doing some kind of other work though as it would be pretty sad if she is doing nothing at all. Like how is she filling her days? I take it her boyfriend works full time?

Reactions: 4
she is very lucky to have a supportive bf and no money worries, I can't imagine she is easy company atm and totally reliant on him as her social circle sees very small. I hope he can tell her to keep going to therapy and motivate her. Alix was always a soothing youtuber to watch.she never seemed cold, boastful or made her viewers feel bad about themselves.

Reactions: 11
Alix has posted on Instagram. She has Anna Newton's brows.
It's not as bad, they suit her. What doesn't is that stupid smirk on her face and the fact one of the eyebrows floats in mid forehead. Also do we believe in that box dye? Looks just like her regular mousey brown hair anyway🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
It's not as bad, they suit her. What doesn't is that stupid smirk on her face and the fact one of the eyebrows floats in mid forehead. Also do we believe in that box dye? Looks just like her regular mousey brown hair anyway🤷‍♀️
I also think the lighter colour helps as it’s less harsh

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.