Icovetthee Alix Coburn #2 Nothing but crickets (and the occasional croissant)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ohh i forgot to say wish you all a happy 1 year since the last time alix posted 😂
Alix is "officially" done with YouTube. I just don't see her posting there ever again after being away for one year! No Vlogmas or any content for December for that matter. Not even on Instagram. Her last post on Instagram was on Nov 4th and some stories for American Thanksgiving. She used to be one of my favorite YouTubers...so disappointed that she disappeared (or is disappearing) with no explanation whats so ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Alix is "officially" done with YouTube. I just don't see her posting there ever again after being away for one year! No Vlogmas or any content for December for that matter. Not even on Instagram. Her last post on Instagram was on Nov 4th and some stories for American Thanksgiving. She used to be one of my favorite YouTubers...so disappointed that she disappeared (or is disappearing) with no explanation whats so ever.
I wish she would stop posting random affiliate links to try to generate some passive income without doing ANY ACTUAL WORK. It really grinds my gears that she’s trying to milk Adsense and LTK affiliate coin. I wonder if there’s a way to report videos where the channel has no activity.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Did Youtube start doing the "if your YT is inactive we will disable your AdSense account"? That might be the reason why she shills link on Instagram instead.

It's mindboggling that she is killing off her YT, why not milk it to the end? It's not a hard job, with a bit of effort she could have made one video a week vlogging going to different cafes, and comparing the croissants. She could have become the top UK croissant vlogger!

She could have made a second account YT account doing ASMR, she seems to be pretty into that since she made an ASMR video. ASMR YT-ers make bank, and they often get a load of expensive gifts from fans and brands. Doing clothing hauls and short videos on Instagram is like 5 min of work and you can earn a lot of money.

The thing that makes me a bit worried about Alix is that she seems like a lovely girl, but seems to have issues with being co-dependent. If her relationship goes sour she is left on the road or in a rented flat she spent loads of money on decorating. Who knows, maybe she has a lot more money than we realize. It's just frustrating to see her piss away the opportunities she has because she has gotten comfortable, with the way the economy and prices are going I would have tried to earn as much money as possible.

Oh well, this might as well be the last thread on Alix as she is going down the path of irrelevancy.

Reactions: 20
If she is done with the influencer thing, for her mental health i really hope she has an actual job she is doing now.

Reactions: 22
I can see her coming back when something has actually progressed in her life. It's been so long that even she knows she can't just return with another haul or ambiguous update. She needs a reason as to why she's been absent, so there'll be a new (part-time) job, new house, pregnancy... something! (not trying to create speculation there btw - just typical 'updates' that bring YouTubers back from the dead)

Reactions: 15
Hope everyone is doing well and hope you have a great Christmas and a happy New Year!

Stay safe and healthy ✹

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I can see her coming back when something has actually progressed in her life. It's been so long that even she knows she can't just return with another haul or ambiguous update. She needs a reason as to why she's been absent, so there'll be a new (part-time) job, new house, pregnancy... something! (not trying to create speculation there btw - just typical 'updates' that bring YouTubers back from the dead)
Is there a reason why she doesn’t update her socials that much? Is it because she just doesn’t want to or is it sue to depression etc?

Reactions: 6
Is there a reason why she doesn’t update her socials that much? Is it because she just doesn’t want to or is it sue to depression etc?
Don't want to play armchair psychologist but I think she has either found another job or is struggling and so doesn't do as much she feels can be posted on social? She posts press trips to shops she's been invited to but I am guessing they are not as common now because she's not as active on social media.

She just seems to be plodding along in her own bubble living with her boyfriend and dog and the less you do the less you want to do. I wonder if money is running low and so she shills less on YouTube and Instagram?

She posted less and less since moving to London. I wonder if just moving with her boyfriend and spending time with him means she hasn't made many other friends here. It is hard in London as you really have to make an effort so I wonder if her time is mainly spent with her boyfriend and dog. If she's at home a lot theres only a certain number of times dhe can instagram herself popping to the cafe for a croissant.

She could have a flourishing work and social life for all we know but she strikes me as the type of person who would make her partner her whole world and I am not sure if that had had a negative impact on her mental health.

Reactions: 12
Agree with this. It's the just disappearing which is really sad. It just seems so disrespectful of her long term subscribers. Just one post or video to say she's bowing out and goodbye for now and most people would be happy for her. TalkBeckyTalk (Becky Sheeran) and her sister Holly both did the same thing a couple of years ago. Becky's instagram has people asking if she's ok (after she posted a random picture after a long break), and there's never any response. Just a really crappy way to treat people to be honest and leaves me with a rather low opinion of these people. I don't think you could get away with this in any other workplace.

Reactions: 14
Agree with this. It's the just disappearing which is really sad. It just seems so disrespectful of her long term subscribers. Just one post or video to say she's bowing out and goodbye for now and most people would be happy for her. TalkBeckyTalk (Becky Sheeran) and her sister Holly both did the same thing a couple of years ago. Becky's instagram has people asking if she's ok (after she posted a random picture after a long break), and there's never any response. Just a really crappy way to treat people to be honest and leaves me with a rather low opinion of these people. I don't think you could get away with this in any other workplace.
It’s not professional in the slightest. The respectful thing to do in any workplace is give 2 weeks notice if you’re planning on leaving (obviously, there are some exceptions). If influencers want to be taken seriously and have others see influencing as a “career”, they really need to show some respect to those who allow them to pay their bills.

Reactions: 7
The respectful thing to do in any workplace is give 2 weeks notice if you’re planning on leaving
That is respectful to your employers but we aren’t Alix or any YouTubers/influencers employers. i do find it annoying, so many YouTubers I follow have done this in the past but since we don’t pay her bills, she doesn’t really owe us that. Yes she became popular because of her viewers but these companies are the ones who give her money, give her work - I do wonder how her relationship is with them because she isn’t a frequent poster, so they wouldn’t be getting their money’s worth surely?

Reactions: 8
That is respectful to your employers but we aren’t Alix or any YouTubers/influencers employers. i do find it annoying, so many YouTubers I follow have done this in the past but since we don’t pay her bills, she doesn’t really owe us that. Yes she became popular because of her viewers but these companies are the ones who give her money, give her work - I do wonder how her relationship is with them because she isn’t a frequent poster, so they wouldn’t be getting their money’s worth surely?
I think it would be a nice thing to do though. Even if not “obliged to”.

Reactions: 6