Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Takkat

Here's a recent comment that was posted by a viewer on Alex's last video. I've been a fan of Alix's for a long time....this resonated with me. Very disappointed as well. She posted 2 videos since December - obviously something is wrong. I just wish she would just come out and officially say she is stepping away from YouTube. If she didn't want to be in the spotlight she would not post on IG either but she has been posting....is it because it requires minimal effort? At this point, IG seems so contrived and not heartfelt.

Been a subscriber for 6 years now and you’ve always been my favorite YouTuber, the only one I kept following for so long; but I think it’s time to leave. I get that life gets in the way and a lot of people struggle with mental health, I’ve been in depression for the last 10y. But I still go to work every day. Being a content creator is not your job anymore when there is a video every 2 months. When almost half a million people are following you, they expect content. If it is a job, do it seriously. I’ve been super understanding for a long time because I do know what it feels like, to not feel 100%. But people, myself included, work everyday no matter how shitty they feel or if they cry in the bathroom stall at every break. You are ULTRA privileged to have the job you have. At least try to give your audience what they subscribed for. This is really starting to look, both here and on IG, like “well I can slack off, my audience is here anyway whenever I choose to work again.” You always said people cannot expect things from a YouTuber or ask for any explanation. But when it’s a job, and we as subscriber continue to your privileged lifestyle, yes I think we are allowed to expect content. Super disappointed.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

tehpretty

“Sorry I’ve been away, I’ve just been feeling really demotivated. The following products #ad #aff #spon have made me feel a lot better and have given me the strength to return.”
Rinse and repeat.
Very clever. That’s some high functioning shilling.

"after producing 4 videos in december, i really needed to take 10 weeks off. posting colourless photos of shadows was too emotionally taxing for me to even consider. i feel so rejuvenated and inspired and have created one instagram post for you. anyway, here are all the shapeless outfits i've been wearing, please click the affiliate links so i can afford a spring wardrobe"

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Bostonrob

0D739B0B-6DF3-478F-A2BF-D6E8E8643B08.jpeg

So I guess this answers our questions. She is literally doing nothing.

Must be nice ...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
76014B0E-9FCC-4DFB-AE67-79F0F44E0EB3.jpeg

I love how this is the top comment. What do you do to pay your bills?! I love how she was all like, “ohhh there’s just not enough time in the day to have a clean house, have a boyfriend, have friends”… imagine all that and an ACTUAL job 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 34

_Laura

Chatty Member
I love how she says "Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm back with something new" like it's out of her control. How about you film a video Alix, groundbreaking idea, I know!

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Jaybtee

VIP Member
I can’t believe she has the gall to ask people to subscribe at the beginning of her first video in seven months 😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 that is sheer COMEDY

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Bostonrob

She does kind of seem that way! Good observation. “Oh no, I broke a nail today. Guess I can’t go to work today!” “The croissant is slightly over toasted!!! Well, my day is ruined. Better sit around in bed.” “THERE IS A SINGLE CLOUD IN THE SKY!!! Better abandon YouTube for half a year”

• Haha
Reactions: 32

kalechips

VIP Member
I understand where she's coming from when she says she doesn't owe anyone an in depth explanation of what she may be going through, she's entitled to her privacy and all that, but ignoring all the comments like the one posted above and others on her IG (which have all come from a place of concern and compassion) while she continues to try to constantly make money off of her subscribers via nonstop affiliate links leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. I think her comeback video might have just been something to put out to avoid getting demonetized on Youtube because it had been too long since her last upload.

I know money and privilege don't shield you from depression and mental health struggles, and it's not fair for me to say that I would be much happier if I was able to live the way Alix does, but I'm pretty confident in saying that most of us would at the very least be able to alleviate alot of our stresses and anxieties just by virtue of having the amount of free time that she does, time to cook for ourselves, to exercise, to spend with loved ones and to pursue interests....She constantly talks about how lucky she is and how grateful she is but I really don't think she realizes the extent of her privileges, I think a healthy dose of perspective by seeing the way other people live might do her some good. I feel like she's just turned into a housecat who does absolutely nothing all day.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

poopettemetis

VIP Member
I find it interesting that, despite clearly needing to close the chapter on her YouTube and influencer career, she takes no responsibility for HER contribution to the exact things that have been bringing her down and preventing her from doing her job - consumer culture, vanity, and perfection in social media. She’s part of the problem too, even if she’s been dealing with her own struggles. I don’t think it helps that she looks like a loaf of bread with the way she dresses.

And no, she can’t do anything without her boyfriend because she has no friends in London.

Reactions: 30

kalechips

VIP Member
I know this is really snarky of me and while I really do agree with the saying 'the best workout is the one you do consistently' and it's great that she's more active, it just kind of makes me laugh a little bit that her workout of choice is walking on the treadmill at an incline for 30 minutes. She doesn't do anything else, she lives in one of the most beautiful cities with amazing parks, and has a dog that I'm sure would enjoy long walks and exploring, but you do you Alix.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

kalechips

VIP Member
I think Suzie was a dick to have gotten mad at her for not coming to a birthday party after the loss Alix had gone through. And I don't think Suzie would be a capable of being a good friend given how narcissistic she is (didn't she also hook up with her best friends ex?)
That being said, I agree that Alix doesn't seem to value female/platonic friendships that much. I remember years ago she had posted a screenshot of a text conversation with one of her friends, who had pretended that there was a new Naked Palette coming out so that she could get Alix to actually answer the text.

She seems to put her romantic relationship on a pedestal though for sure. She might be the type to think of romantic love as the be all end all of happiness.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Mjaumjau

Chatty Member
Thank you @CheshireLove the new thread name, I just added Icovetthee in case her old fans were to google her and see whats she is up to.

Anyway, nothing new is happening but we managed to get to a new thread, that's more work than Alix has put into her influencer full-time job in a good while.

(If someone has anything new to add please to it in the comments)

- Alix uploads a video telling that she is motivated and will go back to a schedule, then goes on a month or three vacations.
- Does not do a lot of ADs, but seems to be posting content on brands' pages (like taking pictures for their Instagram, etc.).
- Is still living in London with her boyfriend.
- London is expensive, there have been quite a few discussions about how she is affording her rented apartment:
- she made loads of money from her old content
- she had a "normal" job
- she does jobs for other brands
- she lives off the inheritance from her mother
- she lives of the money from the house sale

She is boring, beige, and now has been infected with the caterpillar brows, she must have caught them from Anna (the Anna edit) 🐛 🐛

• Heart
Reactions: 29

mfingcitygirl

Wow the latest blog, how does someone do basically nothing for an entire year? No work, no study, not travelling, rarely seeing friends or family… What does she do all day while Joe is working? I don’t know if she realises how privileged she is being able to take so much time off to “look after herself”.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Luna252

VIP Member
I don’t understand, if doing her ‘job’ causes her so much stress and anxiety that she can’t do it for most of the year, surely she needs to find another job? If you’re having that much time off work, there is something seriously wrong that needs addressing.

Reactions: 27