Icovetthee Alix Coburn #2 Nothing but crickets (and the occasional croissant)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she still friends with Suzie Bondali?
They seem to have had a falling out shortly after Alix lost her mum and was going through the breakup with Darren. If I remember correctly Suzie passive aggressively alluded to Alix being a bad friend because she didn't go to her birthday party that year.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
At that time I was completely team Alix. Now, I am of course not a Suzie fan (she is valid) but thinks Alix kinda deserved it. She would be such a depressing person to be around with.

They seem to have had a falling out shortly after Alix lost her mum and was going through the breakup with Darren. If I remember correctly Suzie passive aggressively alluded to Alix being a bad friend because she didn't go to her birthday party that year.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah, I find Alix's introversion and affinity for slow living relatable, but does anyone really think she'd make an amazing friend? She doesn't strike me as someone who deeply values or prioritizes female friendship.

Reactions: 15
I think Suzie was a dick to have gotten mad at her for not coming to a birthday party after the loss Alix had gone through. And I don't think Suzie would be a capable of being a good friend given how narcissistic she is (didn't she also hook up with her best friends ex?)
That being said, I agree that Alix doesn't seem to value female/platonic friendships that much. I remember years ago she had posted a screenshot of a text conversation with one of her friends, who had pretended that there was a new Naked Palette coming out so that she could get Alix to actually answer the text.

She seems to put her romantic relationship on a pedestal though for sure. She might be the type to think of romantic love as the be all end all of happiness.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m sure she’d have a vague response about how valuable her private life is. I feel she genuinely doesn’t think much of her job in the sense that she doesn’t herself respect her profession.

Reactions: 14
I’m sure she’d have a vague response about how valuable her private life is. I feel she genuinely doesn’t think much of her job in the sense that she doesn’t herself respect her profession.
You’re right, and I agree that she isn’t invested in her job. She clearly isn’t a ‘creative creator’, but is relying on the old YT tropes of hauls, what I eat in a day, DIY etc. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her do a reel, and the one ad that she did that was creative - electric toothbrush - was never repeated.

So with IG moving more to quick and eye catching video content to compete with Tik Tok, her static outfit (or croissant) photos just won’t get the engagement. And if she’s not doing YT, then I don’t know where she goes to from here.

Reactions: 12
I think if she was able to commit to it and not just upload sporadically, she could be a good podcast host. She seems to struggle with being in front of the camera, which I totally get, but she's alot more articulate and well read than alot of her peers on youtube/IG. She could do a mixed bad of beauty, skincare, mental health talks.

Reactions: 10
I thought Elle Darby was bad making people wait a week for a photo of her baby but Alix makes us wait for 1 photo a month every month and YT its been months between videos. Either way their followers are waiting for a McVitie or Pastry photo 🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think she'll be back when she realizes that most jobs don't pay you to go out and eat pastries

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’m inclined to think she’ll never come back. Honestly, how can she come back from this and being absent for basically the past year in addition to the shame she probably feels after that latest video, the update one.

Reactions: 15
Alix has lost all credibility...On a side note, she seemed so much happier living in Brighton near family.

Reactions: 8