IAmSarahJay #11 Mumchausens-by-Doxxy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forgive me, how does one study English to degree level under an “expert in Dickens”* and believe that the poverty of that era is some sort of unspoken taboo?
I think we covered most aspects (including this one) of ‘Dickensian levels of poverty’ (so overused as to be a cliché, Sarah) in P7 aged 10 when we learned about the Broad St pump cholera outbreak. And if she’s interested in Jack The Ripper how can she not be aware of the working and living conditions of 1880s Whitechapel?
She’s such an ignoramus.
*ok, it appears she’s only ever read Hard Times, but I think the point stands.
She somehow studied Dickens without knowing about the debtor's prison, the blacking factory, and how those formative experiences shaped his entire life and kept him working even while he was dying, because he was deathly afraid of the money running out?

Reactions: 15
Is the “op” she’s referring to the hysterectomy that she hasn’t yet been referred for, neither does she actually need?

So she’s just going to sit around a few more years whining about having to bleed 3 days a month and that’s why she can’t get a job? What’s the plan then? Complete her masters in her 50s and then jump straight into a top level psych role?

She’s absolutely delulu.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Forgive me, how does one study English to degree level under an “expert in Dickens”* and believe that the poverty of that era is some sort of unspoken taboo?
I think we covered most aspects (including this one) of ‘Dickensian levels of poverty’ (so overused as to be a cliché, Sarah) in P7 aged 10 when we learned about the Broad St pump cholera outbreak. And if she’s interested in Jack The Ripper how can she not be aware of the working and living conditions of 1880s Whitechapel?
She’s such an ignoramus.
My nana told me all about the ropes. She’s really just a clueless little head.
ETA what op does she have scheduled?! None!

Reactions: 13
She’s such an ignoramus.
Yeh I thought how the duck have you not heard of doss houses. That's where the expression he could sleep on a clothesline comes from when someone can fall asleep in any old uncomfortable place. And toerag comes from the rags they'd wrap round their battered feet cos their boots would always be hanging open.

• Wow
Fairly sure the rope picture is fake. Same old story has been knocking around the net for 20 years, even Snopes debunked it. Typical Sar tbh

• Wow
Reactions: 4
'Waiting for an op'. Firstly, you're not. Secondly, get on with life while you are, if you were. Working ppl are waiting for ops, often in great discomfort. There's this false perception amongst bums that working ppl are all in peak health like Olympic athletes. I'd bet my close condiments my asthma is more debilitating on the daily that her 2 year old ankle injury. But then I'm happy to be a busy wife and mum providing for the ppl I love not a useless scrounger gesturing hopefully to my begging bowl all day on a 'page' where I'm laughed at or muted.
---
Fairly sure the rope picture is fake. Same old story has been knocking around the net for 20 years, even Snopes debunked it. Typical Sar tbh
The picture could possibly be but the thing wasn't. Orwell also talked about it in Road to Wigan Pier. It was the rock bottom cheapest sleeping arrangement for the completely destitute.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Dickens documented the two penny rope in The Pickwick Papers.* So it wouldn’t have surprised our Knucklehead if she’d ever read around the course texts.
*I have never been Sarah’s tutor. I googled it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I 100% remember learning about people sleeping on ropes in school, just because it really traumatised me that I would have to do it one day! I thought it came from the American depression though.

Reactions: 8
She's retweeted someone whinging at supermarket customer service cos she tried to pretend her aldi video was a rallying cry for the hard pressed consumer instead of a bullying Karen who's never provided a day's service to the public shitting on a woman half her age.

She's retweeted someone whinging at supermarket customer service cos she tried to pretend her aldi video was a rallying cry for the hard pressed consumer instead of a bullying Karen who's never provided a day's service to the public shitting on a woman half her age.
Laughing at this earlier.
She's retweeted someone who is an 'Observer of the Dunning-Kruger Effect', apparently. Look it up, Sare.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.