Huw Edwards #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For anyone that is interested the lad and the parents are still estranged šŸ˜¢ itā€™s sad they gained nothing only to ruin a manā€™s career.
Donā€™t come at me that HE bought it on himself he didnā€™t break the law. The parentā€™s should have kept it ā€˜in houseā€™

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
For anyone that is interested the lad and the parents are still estranged šŸ˜¢ itā€™s sad they gained nothing only to ruin a manā€™s career.
Donā€™t come at me that HE bought it on himself he didnā€™t break the law. The parentā€™s should have kept it ā€˜in houseā€™
If it was only a case of him breaking lockdown and sending ā€˜inappropriate textsā€™ (from what weā€™ve been told, he complimented someoneā€™s dress, and added ā€˜xxā€™ to the end of some casual messages?), then I donā€™t think he would have been let go from the BBC at all. Disciplined maybe but not sacked. People will likely disagree but I canā€™t help but feel that thereā€™s a lowkey sense of homophobia about all this, and that the ā€œBBC inquiryā€ was just a formality to gloss over this fact. I also wouldnā€™t be surprised if Huw will eventually take legal action against the BBC.

Reactions: 8
If it was only a case of him breaking lockdown and sending ā€˜inappropriate textsā€™ (from what weā€™ve been told, he complimented someoneā€™s dress, and added ā€˜xxā€™ to the end of some casual messages?), then I donā€™t think he would have been let go from the BBC at all. Disciplined maybe but not sacked. People will likely disagree but I canā€™t help but feel that thereā€™s a lowkey sense of homophobia about all this, and that the ā€œBBC inquiryā€ was just a formality to gloss over this fact. I also wouldnā€™t be surprised if Huw will eventually take legal action against the BBC.
I think it must be difficult because of the position that Huw held at the BBC. If he presented The One Show for example, it could probably be glossed over. The fact that he was the lead news anchor means that it would be difficult for him to lead on certain news stories.

I just hope that because heā€™s ā€œnot done anything wrongā€ the BBC donā€™t whitewash him out of history. If thereā€™s need for archive footage of which Huw was there, it should be used. Can you imagine never seeing the footage of the announcement of the Queens death again?!

Iā€™m gutted to be honest. Loved Huw šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think it must be difficult because of the position that Huw held at the BBC. If he presented The One Show for example, it could probably be glossed over. The fact that he was the lead news anchor means that it would be difficult for him to lead on certain news stories.

I just hope that because heā€™s ā€œnot done anything wrongā€ the BBC donā€™t whitewash him out of history. If thereā€™s need for archive footage of which Huw was there, it should be used. Can you imagine never seeing the footage of the announcement of the Queens death again?!

Iā€™m gutted to be honest. Loved Huw šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Thatā€™s true - I still think they could have given him a lesser position or even a completely different role in broadcasting. If the current articles are true, a complete sacking seems very drastic IMO. It could be that theyā€™re compensating for Savile, etc., after the backlash, but thereā€™s no comparison.

Reactions: 2
It could possibly be a joint decision between Huw and the BBC for him to leave completely - thereā€™s no indication so far that heā€™s actually been sacked. Iā€™d imagine for someone of Huwā€™s calibre, taking a lesser position would be more embarrassing professionally than just walking away, particularly as for all intents and purposes, heā€™s not done anything wrong.

Iā€™d imagine that Huw is angry that itā€™s got to this point especially as nothing came of the original issue and the person in question is still estranged from their family. Unfortunately, Huw got himself into that mess knowing full well the repercussions if it did get out.

Reactions: 5
It could possibly be a joint decision between Huw and the BBC for him to leave completely - thereā€™s no indication so far that heā€™s actually been sacked. Iā€™d imagine for someone of Huwā€™s calibre, taking a lesser position would be more embarrassing professionally than just walking away, particularly as for all intents and purposes, heā€™s not done anything wrong.

Iā€™d imagine that Huw is angry that itā€™s got to this point especially as nothing came of the original issue and the person in question is still estranged from their family. Unfortunately, Huw got himself into that mess knowing full well the repercussions if it did get out.
Maybe but the fact that heā€™s reportedly ā€œfuriousā€ seems like he didnā€™t really have a choice? If the articles are accurate. Iā€™m sure he would have kicked up a fuss too, but being moved to another role/programme would probably have been better than losing his entire career at the BBC. It could even have been portrayed like a semi-retirement.

I bet Huw has a better arse than Clive Myrie though (and I love Clive BTW)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Huw could become the new chief reporter for Arsenal if the bottom really has fallen out of his BBC career?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I could so see him host some morning show and get his camp on. Cā€™mon Huw, the best revenge is living well!
---
Also looking forward to the Huw issue of ā€œWomenā€™s Ownā€ šŸ˜‚

D32D3287-14BD-4A6F-B55E-97018EFB44B0.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I think Huw's days of appearing on tv are now gone. Just my opinion
Mine too. There's probably a lot we don't know that has arisen from the investigation.
---
A fair few iā€™d imagine. Probably dick pics as wellā€¦l donā€™t want to see those!
I imagine that if he tried to make a comeback a lot of lurid images would emerge.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
The Beeb are probably just being seen to be more pro-active after the Savile situation.
Also, IIRC, wasn't there talk at the time that the Sun had more lurid information that they publicly stated they wouldn't release? If that is the case then I imagine the BBC are just covering their arses (insert your own Huw joke here) in case it does come out (again - put your own joke in).

• Haha
Reactions: 6