Huw Edwards #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Huw, Philth and Farage would be like Last of the Summer Wine. Guess who’s Compo 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Huw Edwards is set to leave his role as the face of BBC News following an internal inquiry into his conduct, BBC insiders have told i.

The results of the investigation have been shown to Edwards, 62, who is in discussion over his future with BBC managers, i has learnt.

A colleague said: “We understand Huw is not coming back. It’s now a discussion about the terms of his departure and how it is presented.”

However, one source with knowledge of the discussions said negotiations over Edwards’ future were not straightforward. “If he has not brought the BBC into disrepute then what is he being punished for?” the person asked.

“Why should he lose his career because of what looks like a complicated private life? There will be a big price tag to a settlement on those terms.”

• Sad
Reactions: 6
A massive fall from grace. A lot of supportive comments there but also a lot of downvotes.
What’s next for Huw, I wonder.

4E5132C4-AF84-4546-9767-5F0B7A3A48CE.jpeg
D0E3BF5A-3754-4115-8DE0-7DAD8D22757B.jpeg
E182FF46-74D2-473B-832D-848BB5B797EA.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I’m not condoning bad behaviour but I do feel like he’s been massively stitched up.

Reactions: 9
I’m not condoning bad behaviour but I do feel like he’s been massively stitched up.
I just can't understand why he behaved so stupidly. His reputation has been trashed. He's brought this on himself in my opinion. If he hadn't been exposed-literally-he would have just carried on regardless.

Reactions: 8
How’s he been stitched up? Presuming it’s true he’s treated colleagues terribly and also broke lockdown laws and they are the minimum reasons he’s lost his job. Who knows about the other things like money for explicit photos etc. It’s entirely his own behaviour that has resulted in the situation he’s found himself in. There is nobody else to blame but himself.

Reactions: 10
He might be furious but he’s brought this on himself entirely as well as putting his family through his seedy private life choices. He cannot be taken seriously as a news anchor now so is the right move by the BBC to say he’s got to go.

Reactions: 9
I mean, I'd be pretty bleeping angry if the parents of a random hookup decided to try and have The Sun call me a nonce.

But I'm also not 62 years old and not married.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t disagree with these flurry of articles about there likely being no way back to the Beeb for Huw but also, these articles were a word for word rehash from the articles published a few days ago (originating from Deadline?) so nothing new and nothing official yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 5