Huw Edwards #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another silly non-article imho. Surely with the time that’s passed, even if he had been on the list for this award, they could have quietly taken him off in the mean time and just pretend he was never on it?

Reactions: 2
Another silly non-article imho. Surely with the time that’s passed, even if he had been on the list for this award, they could have quietly taken him off in the mean time and just pretend he was never on it?
Exactly. Why all the non-stories and no update from the BBC or from Huw? 🤔

Exactly. Why all the non-stories and no update from the BBC or from Huw? 🤔
I was thinking about this yesterday. Why the BBC are still quiet I really don’t know but I can imagine that from Huw’s pov, he needs to have a few things in order before it makes sense to break his silence (if he’s still interested in being a public person):

- his employment situation with the BBC needs to be resolved. He needs to be either in or out and not in limbo waiting on what will happen with that. So he needs to be fired or reinstated or have a different role or retire. Just something definitive.

- he’s got some ‘splaining to do. Is he ready for that? Is he ready for the barrage of tabloids tearing him to pieces again?

- if no more BBC, he needs to know what’s next for him. Is he going to write a book? Is he “taking time out to work on himself?”. Is he getting divorced? Is he starting a B&B in the French countryside? Is he going to walk the Welsh coastal path? Just anything that he can talk about.

I would think that these are the minimum requirements for a confessional piece to make sense, even if it’s done in the most sensitive way.

As a side note, I’ve also wondered for weeks now if AC would want to hold off until the Christmas period to catch people when they are perhaps in a bit more charitable spirit but I don’t know whether that’s just a Hallmark fantasy or not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
He’s probably going to make and sell prints and casts of his bottom. It’s arguably the most famous backside in the U.K. after all

• Haha
I was thinking about this yesterday. Why the BBC are still quiet I really don’t know but I can imagine that from Huw’s pov, he needs to have a few things in order before it makes sense to break his silence (if he’s still interested in being a public person):

- his employment situation with the BBC needs to be resolved. He needs to be either in or out and not somewhere in between waiting on what will happen with that. So he needs to be fired or reinstated or have a different role or retire. Just something definitive.

- he’s got some ‘splaining to do. Is he ready for that? Is he ready for the barrage of tabloids tearing him to pieces again?

- if no more BBC, he needs to know what’s next for him. Is he going to write a book? Is he “taking time out to work on himself?”. Is he getting divorced? Is he starting a B&B in the French countryside? Is he going to walk the Welsh coastal path? Just anything that he can talk about.

I would think that these are the minimum requirements for a confessional piece to make sense, even if it’s done in the most sensitive way.

As a side note, I’ve also wondered for weeks now if AC would want to hold off until the Christmas period to catch people when they are perhaps in a bit more charitable spirit but I don’t know whether that’s just a Hallmark fantasy or not.
IMO He doesn’t need to explain anything to anyone. I think he may work again but for a Welsh TV channel thaughty nothing heavy walking the Welsh coastal path has been done to death but I agree something similar.
Maybe people in Wales are more forgiving?
---
He’s probably going to make and sell prints and casts of his bottom. It’s arguably the most famous backside in the U.K. after all
Hardly that he wasn’t the first and certainly isn’t the last 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

- his employment situation with the BBC needs to be resolved. He needs to be either in or out and not in limbo waiting on what will happen with that. So he needs to be fired or reinstated or have a different role or retire. Just something definitive.

Well said. I would imagine in any case we’ll be hearing something from the BBC before/if we’ll receive a statement from Huw. I wonder if he’s out of the facility - we’re not really sure of that either yet.

Reactions: 1
IMO He doesn’t need to explain anything to anyone. I think he may work again but for a Welsh TV channel thaughty nothing heavy walking the Welsh coastal path has been done to death but I agree something similar.
Maybe people in Wales are more forgiving?
---
Hold on now, we can’t have Derek out of a job! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What if he makes a statement and says it was a Deepfake? I think I’d actually be a bit disappointed 🤔

• Haha
Hmmm, desensitizing the British public by spoofing the whole thing. Clevah, AC, clevah.

Echoing the scandal surrounding Huw Edwards' suspension as the BBC's flagship news and events anchor this summer amidst accusations of sexual misconduct, Douglas' alleged indiscretion is dissected, analysed and blown out of all proportion in the subsequent digital storm.”

• Wow
Hmmm, desensitizing the British public by spoofing the whole thing. Clevah, AC, clevah.

Echoing the scandal surrounding Huw Edwards' suspension as the BBC's flagship news and events anchor this summer amidst accusations of sexual misconduct, Douglas' alleged indiscretion is dissected, analysed and blown out of all proportion in the subsequent digital storm.”

To be fair, Huw’s was blown out of proportion because the Sun essentially accused him of being a nonce in the hope someone underage actually came forward (which they didn’t).

I’m not saying what HE did was right but it wasn’t illegal. And that’s a really important distinction in comparison to what they accused him off, which was illegal.

I wonder if the reason we’ve not heard from HE is because he’s going to sue the Sun for loss of earnings due to this.

Reactions: 7
It certainly strange how we haven't heard more from anyone else with encounters

Spot on. It’s written in such a way that you can’t help but sympathise with the Hugh Bonneville character - hint hint, sympathise with Huw by proxy. 🤔 Might be an interesting watch.

I also love that it’s Hugh Bonneville because he’s so perfectly cast but also because of that talk they did together in that church. You could just tell Huw loved him.

• Haha