Huw Edwards #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Brendan Howlin and Huw’s arse are quite alike tbf. 🤭

When you order a Huw Edwards doll from Wish:

22C25A1A-16BA-47A0-896E-9FA459EAA07A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Thanks for your awesome analysis, @cee-bee. Whichever way this will pan out, it seems inevitable that Huw’s BBC days are over.
I think it’s inevitable right now. An immediate denial of all allegations would’ve said a lot I think. Even an insistence that he didn’t break lockdown. But he hasn’t issued a denial of anything.

I feel disappointed in Huw because he was such a respected news reporter. Not only that, but I like the BBC and the ethos behind it. I can’t help but feel he’s let down the general public AND his colleagues.

He could’ve taken retirement and enjoyed his legacy. God knows the BBC offered it to him. He was quick to boast on Twitter about not letting go of his role.

He could’ve had the freedom to behave however he liked (reasonably lol). His private sex life would’ve been entirely private. He would’ve broken lockdown as an individual, not as a representative of the BBC and a trusted reporter. But I get the sense Huw wanted to have his cake and eat it.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
“By now, though, Edwards is old news. Wily, ink-spotted scavengers have had their fill of his story’s carcass. Inevitably, as is their nature, they will return. Edwards’ inevitable reemergence into public life, the impending end to an internal investigation into his conduct, not to mention a potential TalkTV interview with the parents of the alleged victim (sure to be a worthy successor to David Frost’s tete-a-tete with Nixon), will see to that.

Given the Met Police’s admission that, on the evidence, no criminality had occurred, it is unsurprising that many are doubtful of The Sun’s insistence that their story, which brought deeply private details into the public arena, was of public interest and, thus, deserved to be published. To many, the tabloid had once again done irrevocable damage to an innocent man’s reputation through its careless reporting of vastly overblown indiscretions. However, The Sun did not act alone; the country’s entire media apparatus served as accomplices. As Victoria Newton, editor to the paper, pointed out, even the BBC itself participated.”

“By now, though, Edwards is old news. Wily, ink-spotted scavengers have had their fill of his story’s carcass. Inevitably, as is their nature, they will return. Edwards’ inevitable reemergence into public life, the impending end to an internal investigation into his conduct, not to mention a potential TalkTV interview with the parents of the alleged victim (sure to be a worthy successor to David Frost’s tete-a-tete with Nixon), will see to that.

Given the Met Police’s admission that, on the evidence, no criminality had occurred, it is unsurprising that many are doubtful of The Sun’s insistence that their story, which brought deeply private details into the public arena, was of public interest and, thus, deserved to be published. To many, the tabloid had once again done irrevocable damage to an innocent man’s reputation through its careless reporting of vastly overblown indiscretions. However, The Sun did not act alone; the country’s entire media apparatus served as accomplices. As Victoria Newton, editor to the paper, pointed out, even the BBC itself participated.”

if I was a journo I’d be holding the pen on the claim that “to many”… an innocent mans Reputation has been damaged.

I think I’d be wanting to wait the result of an internal investigation before weighing in furthur. He claims that the sun and the BBC have done HEs dirty, essentially. But doesn’t writing about it with speculation and opinion not… contribute furthur to the exact same situation?

id suggest that contrary to the suggestion that news reporters have “picked the carcass” and moved on from the story is done to the fact that…nothing recent has occurred. There hasn’t been any activity or movement on the story. The investigation is ticking in the background and Hugh is hospitalised.

for most journos, it goes against their guidelines of conduct to report on someone if it might endanger their well-being. So Huw‘s treatment has effectively gagged them anyway.

Reactions: 6
Bet Huw is really cross that Clive is getting all the glory in Jerusalem at the moment.

I was actually thinking how nice it must be to *not* have to present the news right now. 🫣

Reactions: 7
Very old and weirdly-worded article 😂:

Huw Edwards strides into Kensington Place – the noisy west London restaurant favoured by media types for long (very long, around Christmas time) lunches – sits down, stretches out his legs and starts talking.
Apart from the fact that he’s sitting almost horizontally in his chair, he appears exactly as he does in my sitting room every evening, in his capacity as anchor of the BBC’s flagship Ten O’Clock News. He’s tanned, slightly jowly, with grey hair short and neat, an expensive suit of classic cut and loud tie. He’s a large presence, and polished, as if someone had given him a good buffing with a soft cloth.

• Haha
It sounds like there are certainly a lot of (unresolved?) grievances that Huw had with BBC management. There's that "Fortunately, Fi and Jane" podcast which is basically one big bitchfest. I am surprised how uninhibited he was in that episode. Not what the general public would expect of him, I think. It sounds like the paycut is still a sore point.

But honestly, I'm so curious where he is at emotionally and psychologically right now. Is he heavily medicated and not in any state to think about his future? Is he scheming? Is he working on a career move? Is he planning any legal action?

Reactions: 3
It sounds like there are certainly a lot of (unresolved?) grievances that Huw had with BBC management. There's that "Fortunately, Fi and Jane" podcast which is basically one big bitchfest. I am surprised how uninhibited he was in that episode. Not what the general public would expect of him, I think. It sounds like the paycut is still a sore point.

But honestly, I'm so curious where he is at emotionally and psychologically right now. Is he heavily medicated and not in any state to think about his future? Is he scheming? Is he working on a career move? Is he planning any legal action?

Don’t quote me on this… but I recall BBC Management wanting to get rid of a lot of dead wood a few years or so ago. They got rid or tried to get rid of, a few big BBC names to make room for new talent. I have a vague memory of HEs airing his discontent and insisting he wouldn’t resign or be pushed to resign.

And then he had a huge gripe when his pay was cut. BBC cut salaries of a few to paid presenters after a BBC employee left her position in protest at pay inequality at the BBC. Jeremy vine had his salary cut but was gracious about it and happy to do it to generate more equality in the organisation. Huw was not so gracious, to the point he was having news stories written about him telling him to stop whinging

To be honest, I thought his cageyness with pay was a bit out of order. “It’s private” doesn’t cut it as an argument when you work in a quasi-public sector service. Government and charity bodies do the same thing. It’s part of accountability and transparency when the general public fund you.

I’m getting the impression that Huw feels very entitled to a wholly private life, but maybe his expectations are unreasonable given his public profile and job. There seems to be a real entitlement emanating from Huw, upon reflection, about a few things.

Reactions: 8
There seems to be a real entitlement emanating from Huw, upon reflection, about a few things.
Yep, I'm inclined to agree. To me it feels like Huw liked working for the BBC for the prestige but that he also felt he should be getting special treatment because he could be making more money at the competition.

Reactions: 6
Twitter (X 🙄) stats for Huw from SocialBlade:

6C221590-EC23-400A-878A-2685124E7E0C.jpeg

Looks like he deleted a tweet less than two weeks ago?

• Wow
Reactions: 5