Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheGreatestShowman

Chatty Member
She is utterly nauseating. My entire family volunteer for various charities without ever mentioning it on social media. For her, the praise from others is far more important than the charity itself. She is the most materialistic / fake individual, how anyone can believe she actually gives a shit about other people is beyond me.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 9

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
That caption is so sugary sweet it’s sickening. I appreciate starting school is a big milestone and stirs up lots of emotions but take it down 487 notches love :sick:

I dont get her. She has two sides to her; thinks shes the next Victoria's Secret model, all sexy and stuff with her big honker and big grin, wine and nakedness, but then she dresses all like shes in her 40s/50s with her brown/beigeness and awful clothes that dont suit her.....

• Haha

Sandra_1984

Any este laude company, so Bobby Brown, jo Malone etc.

Snuzzpod. They gift to do many. Was about to purchase one before I realised how many they give away. Funny enough Lauren was also gifted one!

Sleepy head. Again was going to buy one and then saw how many are gifted. So I ended up buying one off gum tree that the lady never used as her baby hated it! Therefore no money going to the company.

Boden, joules, white company, Wallis, Next, M&S....avoiding them now.

Elemis, again a brand I used for so many years.

Under Armour....

Silver cross prams. They frigging gift to most people with over 15k followers. AVOIDED them too!

Laura Ashley - again loved shopping there.

I genuinely understand why said company's gift out to people. But there's a limit and I think now people are having their eyes opened to the fact that the prices have been inflated ever so slightly to compensate for them to send freebies to people. It's definitely beginning to have a detrimental effect on their businesses. I'd have so much more respect for them all if they gifted to people who genuinely needed said items, would be a better approach and I would then purchase those brands if they promoted themselves like that. Eg donate baby items to good causes. Make up could get some make up artists to do makeup on elderly, or before a school prom or a magazine shoot for disadvantaged people; giving them an amazing experience. Like a special needs school could have a prom, give the girls a makeover.... Or DV victims to make them feel better. Or go into a hospital and donate nice clothes to terminal patients. But noooo, they just all constantly give, give, give to people like this freeloader who'll just take take take. I've lost respect for people like Lauren and also these companies.

Sorry, really ranting now 😂

• Heart
You don’t sound jealous at all. She made me feel seriously shit a while ago too but now i see it all for what it really is. It’s all fake and advertising freebies etc. Fancy filters and lighting to get the perfect picture. Nothing spontaneous about it at all. I bet your time with your family is far more enjoyable than hers because you’re not trying to be something you’re not.
She did a photography degree. So don’t feel shit. She has been a professional for the past 15 years. She’s not just whipping out her iPhone trying to capture the moment. She’s got her £3k cannon and lighting ring in the back of the car “just in case”

Notenoughgin

VIP Member
I must admit I was under the impression that with their house, car and lifestyle that Col must be a massive earner - I’m talking hedge fund/ tech business - now I have realised their home is rented, and potentially cars are heavily discounted and/or lease whilst Col is in car sales it does make me think that the H&H insta is just a smoke and mirrors sales pitch. There’s nothing wrong with renting/leasing but I thought that they must be exceptionally wealthy.

• Haha

Sal288

That’s why she’s taken her parents with them on holiday so that they can babysit while she’s taking lame pictures on the beach promoting cheap rose wine! How embarrassing.

Stardustsmile28

Chatty Member
I am one of the 1 in 4 and am a survivor of domestic abuse and extreme emotional/psychological abuse. I do not feel bad for not supporting her non-altruistic shoeboxes when I have watched her gift herself so much. We all give to our chosen charities in our own private way. I feel insulted that she is giving so little when she could give so much.

Believe me my past experience allows me to spot narcissism and distinguish it from other self indulgent behaviour. Her behaviour smacks of narcissism.

• Heart

Rp235

First time commenting on this thread.
The first day of advent box....I mean really!! It’s pretty horrific the levels of consumerism these influencers extol. She’s obviously been planning it for a long time buying expensive things in to celebrate the first of a month. Ridiculous!!
Those boys will come to expect being treated all the time. It’s just spoiling them and when Christmas comes I could be an anticlimax as they will have already had a 1st of December box and a Christmas Eve box. Absolutely excessive and very showy. I just will alienate people and make them eye roll as has been evident with the amount of comments on here already.
I really hope that other parents see her stories and realise they don’t have to shower their children with gifts to mark the start of advent. Children are simple and are happy with small things like a calendar.
I do sometimes think this whole starting Christmas so early puts a lot of pressure on people to make the whole month special and also it’s confusing for small children who don’t quite realise they’ve still got a few weeks to go.

• Heart

Tamara

VIP Member

Hmmm who does the driving large glass of wine each and a Prosecco and lager. Definitely over the drink drive limit.

• Wow

Missmarie

Oh Lauren what a fairytale you have spun us and more fool me for believing you and sometimes doubting myself that I wasn’t good enough to have it all like you too. At least this makes me realise what I have is real and a rewarding and fulfilling career where people thank me every day for helping them. That I realise is worth everything.

Tamara

VIP Member
Her account makes me cringe. It’s like flicking through a magazine. Everything looks staged. Nothing looks spontaneous. Everything is set up for the camera. How does she find time?! The money must keep driving her as personally I couldn’t be arsed to ‘create’ this perfect life she portrays
She is not perfect far from it. She stole Colin from his wife and broke up that family. They all worked at John Lewis Cardiff. So her life is far from perfect. She also pretends she has found their dream home when actually fact it’s a rental. Doesn’t even own it. Nothing wrong with renting but they way she talks that they own it. Her landlord must be very lenient as your not allowed to paint walls like she did in the bed AD.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Clare

VIP Member
Why oh why do these hoards of overhyped, overgrammed, unemployed-scrounging-off-their-minted-husbands “Influencers” need to get ‘gifted’ a £90 beauty set?! It sold out in hours to people who inexplicably but evidently have bought into the ‘Hunters and Heels’ market and probably are appreciators of Bobbi Brown products, and spent their own, (probably) hard-earned money on it. To then see the likes of “Just a Little Build”, Cara and all the other rich but bored housewives of Instagram flaunting their freebies is a complete and utter joke and quite frankly an insult to a paying customer. As a Bobbi Brown make up user (but not stupid enough to pay £90 for a make up bag saying hunters and heels on it!) I’m tempted to complain!
It was when I first started noticing the Bobbi Brown freebie round robins happening that I turned off this group of influencers; it’s really cliquey, pretentious and unnecessary. I vowed never to buy Bobbi Brown out of principle for their shameless flogging.

Starshining

VIP Member
Peeps who have cancelled subscriptions to things: have you fed back to the company in question the reason why you’re cancelling?

I agree with all that’s been said BTW. Our Laur is a proper greedy fucker.
Yes, I walked past a merchandiser for Jo Malone in a department store and she approached me with the Christmas Bitter oranges one to try. I think she then went on to regret her life choices after I finished my spiel of why I will never purchase from JM again. She even (quietly) agreed with me.

Ugh those outfits on the boys. They look cute but like they just came out of a catalogue. It’s just too try hard and twee 😬
Stepford brothers
Everyone thinks she is being altruistic with her giveaway. But when you look closely she has received every single things she is giving away for herself. So keep one, give one away!
Genius isn’t it? Has made it even look like she has done you a favour 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Tomorrow she’s going to be doing a Men’s gift idea list! I dread to think what could possibly be on it...
My guess is it will include a kitchen gadget of some sort, maybe fancy knives because "col is a lush cook"? A Jo Malone fragrance? A cashmere scarf or blanket that's just lush? A weekend travel bag, possible a Fairfax and favour one?

Comfysofa

I do not need to be told by an influencer to do a Samaritans Purse box, which we gave been doing for 10 years plus! And to see her getting bits ready for this in her ‘gifted’ Joules shoe boxes. Actually, what the children who receive those boxes most need is not ‘lots of toys’ but everyday things such as pens, paper, toiletries, gloves, hats, etc, little sweeties and a small toy. Giving to charity is something many of us do regularly. Clearly this is something new to Lauren for her to be making such a big deal about it! Give some of those gifted coats away to people who really need them. And spare a thought for the many other places in the country which have been affected by flooding over the last three weeks, it is not just where you live Lauren!

• Heart