Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
I know exactly where Hungermama lives and where her kids go to school. Obviously I know their names and some of the names of people close to them. I can work out what her school run is, and I know she goes by bike. I know what her husband does, who he works for, and can guess roughly what he earns. I have a pretty good idea where she used to live, and know that he still lives there. I don’t even follow her, just occasionally look at her account. She wouldn’t know me in the street (and I live close enough that that could easily happen). I would struggle to sleep at night, seriously.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
It’s it just me or does anyone else feel a bit unsure about her posting about this homeless woman and disclosing the location to the world of where she was sleeping and all the help she is organising her?
It’s a great thing to do I would not put the location on social media personally.
But how would we know how much of a wonderful person HM was if she didn’t splash all the details over sm? 🙄 ‘Claire’ is just another of HM’s new projects that will be probably be forgotten once she can’t be used for clout. But yes, for someone who apparently has a degree in social work, she shouldn’t be be disclosing her location at the very least.

Reactions: 14

Mgc85

Not surprised by this but genuinely surprised by the naivety she shows as a fully grown woman. She seems a little lost, like a kind of ‘poor little rich girl’ kind of feeling that she believes she’s meant for something special (and may very well be) but just flits aimlessly between ‘projects’ in the meantime.

She hid behind a ‘degree in social work’ in this situation, which really doesn’t cover a knowledge of all the different complex and specific issues that might bring someone to a transient living situation and went way, way overboard on bathing in the warm glow of ‘saving’ this, essentially, stranger. I hope the money does go to some good homeless charities, shelters or soup kitchens who are staffed with people with the actual practical tools rather than sheer puppy like goodwill.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

GiveMyHeadPeace

VIP Member
?..?..

I think that Hungermama needs her own thread now. She’s exceptionally hungry for publicity.
Yep. Link for pre-orders for her new book on her page. Isn’t that a lovely coincidence after featuring in the press and receiving free publicity

• Heart
  • Wow

gossipygertie

It’s it just me or does anyone else feel a bit unsure about her posting about this homeless woman and disclosing the location to the world of where she was sleeping and all the help she is organising her?
It’s a great thing to do I would not put the location on social media personally.

• Wow

mamaCP123

The thing that bothers me most about HM is this constant "woe is me" without any real handle on reality. I have a friend with kids at the same school as her daughter. Her husband is by all accounts an absolutely lovely man. She had the affair, he did not. The financial thing is ridiculous. She has a lovely house in an expensive part of London. She always has new items (note the coffee pot she showed us all, that cost over £100). She shops at Ocado. Both her kids go to expensive private schools. She has no handle on what it means to be financially constrained.

• Wow

Rooty

The melodrama of her stories! “I live in London and can only go home four times a year! (plus to France and Germany and Belgium and). I have spots, I’m suicidal!” Her three goddam good things every day AS THOUGH SHE IS LIVING LIFE ON THE BRINK. She seemed more bothered by instahun drama than her 5 year old breaking his actual sodding leg. I watch her stories with fascination because I’m convinced she’s a sociopath but I can only ever manage 2 or 3 before the nausea rises.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

mamaCP123

I live near her and know her as a friend of a friend. She has not taken the children - she's gone to America without them, quite suddenly.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12

YahBasic

Chatty Member
I’m guessing it wasn’t totally factual and she’s been asked to take it down.

Technically my husband wasn’t eligible for a phone contract in his name or contactless card - not because I was controlling, but because he was in the country on a visa linked to my residency & he didn’t have a credit rating here. We did different things to build that up, but if he was lazy/liked the status quo, he’d have been totally happy keeping it all in my name.

I’m wondering if the truth lies somewhere in between. She was happy for him to pay for things to an extent, but doesn’t quite fit the narrative of the I’m a survivor single mom.

Reactions: 11

Mustard

VIP Member
That’s why I wonder whether they know of more than just Alice? When I saw Hungermama’s stories about this debacle I thought it was so OTT when I cross referenced it to what I’d read on here from Alice about her. It just didn’t match.
I think that Hungermama needs her own thread now. She’s exceptionally hungry for publicity.

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
She is also someone who will expect others to do things they might not want to do to fit her needs, and will therefore ask quite outrageous things of them without realising. She really hasn’t had to live as an independent adult.
That’s what happened with Tatyana, isn’t it? HM used to tell all kinds of bullshit and Tatyana would go on internet sites to defend her (including here and Mumsnet). I can’t stand people like HM. It’s manipulative behaviour and she’s sounds like she’s been infantilised and enabled by everyone around her. Just get a fucking job like most proper grown ups have to instead of pissing about with side hustles like apple butter and badge making workshops. She’s the US equivalent of those Facebook huns who make glitter wine glasses and lollipop trees.

• Heart

PenelopeChat

"MY friend, Claire"... plastered everywhere. If she is your friend, Claire why don't you invite her to sleep on your couch? I mean she is a friend, after all, not a total stranger who is in a difficult situation as millions others. Maybe make her an apple butter sandwich and just be a friend behind closed doors.

• Haha

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Latest update: her 'friend' Claire is nowhere to be found. Maybe she didn't want a do gooder interfering at this moment.
Oh, that’s a surprise. Not. Probably an unpopular opinion, but she would have been better raising money for a homeless/addiction charity than one specific person who she was treating as a pet. For a lot of people on the streets, it’s not simply a case of getting them a place to live or money for a deposit. There’s so many underlying issues, that they can’t possibly be solved with ‘just’ money (or the love and goodwill of a wannabe influencer who was using them for likes).

Reactions: 10

Clazza

I think it's hilarious she wanted the apple butter recipe to be taken down off that website. Does she realise its just a place where people share recipes? Has she patented the recipe?! I thought it was a majorly traditional recipe that had been passed down through generations? Surely other people therefore cook it her way. She is nuts.

• Haha
She’s quite clumsy with the wording and I feel throughout reading that it’s only one small step from asking Claire to be more grateful for what she was doing for her, which is where I worried it was heading from the start…
Exactly that. This is why it's so important to use official channels and let professionals or trained charity staff deal with situations like this. Anyone who deals with homeless people as part of their work will have training and know to keep their personal hopes/feelings/ideals out of it, let alone the issues around using charity donations correctly/as the donor intended. I think HM is a funny fish a lot of the time but this has really shocked me, she's a grown adult FFS, she should understand how inappropriate this whole situation was.

• Heart

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
This whole thing has made me feel so uncomfortable. She can choose how much of her own life she shares with her audience but it’s such an invasion of privacy to do that for a vulnerable person. Homelessness and addiction are so complex and it’s not as easy as well intentioned people throwing money at the person and expecting the bad stuff to go away. She’s talked a lot about her degree in social work but seems to have no grasp on the practical reality of the situation.

maliceinwanderlust

I feel very uncomfortable about these posts. It's a total data protection breach - and as she refers to alcohol and drug use that would fall under enhanced data protection. I wouldn't put my friends address / addictions online, that's not friendship.

truthinadd

Her husband was not abusive. I think of Bethie as always being a bit childlike, and I think merely bought into the traditional gender roles that the husband is the provider. She didn't really have a chance to grow up, as she slid right from being someone's child to being someone's wife. I think that there has always been a part of her that always felt she was going to be famous, as she has an incredible singing voice and is also telegenic. When that didn't happen, and the years passed, and the difficulties of raising kids became apparent, I think she got frustrated and bored and started acting out, which led eventually to the end of her marriage. Then, for the first time ever, she had to figure out how she was going to support herself. (And maybe still get famous). So I think she just had some growing up to do, as many of us do. I do wish she would make it clear to her followers that her husband was not abusive and controlling, because she's said a couple of things in the past where one could draw that conclusion, like comparing her situation with her mother's situation escaping an abusive first marriage.