Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mamaCP123

Gosh she’s crackers isn’t she? Saw a post today about her parents moving in with her and her kids, and how grateful she is - implying that kids have moved with her. I see her kids regularly and her daughter almost daily! Definitely not in the USA. It’s truly unhinged. I don’t know her ex but I understand she’s quite the fantasist.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

gossipygertie

I cannot fathom a situation in which I would leave my children even for a month, regardless of my own personal feelings or wants.
Childhood is so brief, and is over before you realise.

• Heart

Sven

VIP Member
I had never heard of this woman until this whole MOD thing, but my first impression is someone trying to scrabble to the top..

Bue

She commented on a Cup of Jo post last week and because I follow her it went to the top of the comments for me. It looks like there is a custody battle, and he hasn’t just fallen into line.
8A1C238C-54C8-4334-92B2-7C5ED112CC3E.png

• Wow

Macaron3105

I guess the bad decisions means her cheating on her husband with a father at the school where her daughter goes…

• Wow
  • Haha

gossipygertie

Stuff at the end of the day can always be replaced. I'm sure they took the photo albums, instead of all of the cupboards, Boden shoes and wall prints.

They as a couple agreed to 5 years in the UK. She stayed 12, but it could never feel like home for her. She gave up her rented house and went back to the US with the kids where she will have the support of friends and her family.

She made the right choice for herself I do bet there's been plenty of tears along way during the last few years.
I think what they agreed to 12 years ago is irrelevant, it’s the now that counts. And the fact is now they have two children and it’s no longer about them or what they agreed to but the kids and what is best for them.

On a somewhat unrelated point it blows my mind that parents would actively seek to send their children to school in America. No thanks!

I am actually concerned where the money from the recent fundraiser went.
There is no trace of it online if you Google it.
She's being really daft here...I'm sure there isn't anything untoward but it looks truly awful. Raises money that isn't needed in the end, then all of a sudden she's taking the very expensive step of moving to America. She's opening herself up to investigation really.

frostily

VIP Member
I want to believe the good intentions, but deep down it’s just to make herself feel good, otherwise she could’ve done this privately/anonymously or just to a charity. It smacks of showing off and also is incredibly incredibly patronising to Claire. (“That’s all one can really do” *clutches pearls*)

She’s better off donating it to Claire’s shelter, with a receipt.

clapacake

Not surprised by this but genuinely surprised by the naivety she shows as a fully grown woman. She seems a little lost, like a kind of ‘poor little rich girl’ kind of feeling that she believes she’s meant for something special (and may very well be) but just flits aimlessly between ‘projects’ in the meantime.

She hid behind a ‘degree in social work’ in this situation, which really doesn’t cover a knowledge of all the different complex and specific issues that might bring someone to a transient living situation and went way, way overboard on bathing in the warm glow of ‘saving’ this, essentially, stranger. I hope the money does go to some good homeless charities, shelters or soup kitchens who are staffed with people with the actual practical tools rather than sheer puppy like goodwill.
You are absolutely spot on. I feel uncomfortable with this social media exposure of a really vulnerable woman, even with what I’m sure are good intentions.

Mgc85

She’s quite clumsy with the wording and I feel throughout reading that it’s only one small step from asking Claire to be more grateful for what she was doing for her, which is where I worried it was heading from the start…

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
Bethie is used to getting more or less what she wants is probably the answer to most of the above. It probably seemed inconceivable to her that it wouldn’t all happen her way.

She gave notice on the house for now so she planned the move at this time but given how backed up the courts are for non-urgent stuff there was never a realistic chance it would be sorted by now. Not to mention, as you all say, understanding the likelihood that the court will be to rule that she can take them to the US in any case. We most of us don’t know the ins and outs but my friend spent the best part of a year in court arguing about a move from Kent to London which meant reduced contact for the non-resident parent. Bethie and Jason have much more equal contact time, so just as a starting point, before the location is considered, the courts have to find sufficient reason for the children to lose so much time with him.

Unfortunately parents get stuck living places they don’t want to be all the time when marriages break down. It’s one of the reasons people need to think really carefully about moving abroad with kids.

I’ve had Bethie try to steamroll me and she didn’t succeed but her approach is very much to ignore reality. Amusingly the situation she was telling me was so difficult for her that I had to resolve was (a) so very much not difficult by any reasonable measure and (b) something she was presenting as idyllic on her Instagram account. So I take pretty much everything on there with a giant pinch of salt.

As an aside I do wonder whether those of us on this thread who know her in various ways all know each other!

Reactions: 6

faceface

Well alright then, I will join this thread too. I first stumbled on Hungermama through stories and what can I say: I was just amazed about all the crying/almost crying/supressed crying. I don't know, she just sounds like she wants to cry ALL THE TIME. And it is hard to watch for longer periods of time, especially since her stories just go on and on and on. About nothing. I think she should just stick to photos.

• Haha
So glad I found this thread. I’ve followed HM for ages, I just used to I like her photos and her style.
I’ve never understood the reason for the nanny, I figured maybe it was a status thing.

Now HM is single & doesn’t seem to work aside from the odd singing gig - how is the nanny support funded and why is it even needed?

Makes no sense to me 🤷‍♀️

Jugglegirl

She is absolutely loving Clemmie’s fall from Grace and is intent on filling her shoes and moping up some of those contracts. The face to camera sharing (so close) is her particular usp- watch me emote, look at my pretty face (she is very beautiful) it’s all very intentional whilst pretending to be so upset and distressed by it.. it’s this aspect of social media that is so infuriating. And the suck up followers, what’s that about?

Mgc85

Yep and that it had already been in the works before she announced that she woudl be fighting for it.

What about Claire's money though?
The way she has utterly discarded the entire Claire narrative reflects horribly on her. 😐