Hungermama

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her desire to be relevant and to make her ''brand'' happen seems to be almost pathological at this stage. Bizarre behaviour. Also, does she think that she somehow has a global monopoly on apple butter, and people must only know about it or make it via her recipe. How utterly ludicrous. It's like someone trying to claim jam (or any other condiment) as their own. Not to mention, of all the things - this is the hill on which you'll die and contact the BBC about?! Just wow.
I have a friend who has been featured in Forbes, Red, the evening standard, women & home magazine amongst others. There's no denying that he does work hard, but the only thing he did differently that many others don't- is hire professionals instead of trying to do it all on his own. He uses real photographers and he hired a publicist.

She's been a content creator for almost 8 years now, but her follower count has remained static and not grown above 28k. Her book has been out since 2020 and is ranked 259 in soups and stews + 2,140 in easy meals. She doesn't have her own website. Her podcast is discontinued. Her TikTok has 115 followers.

The get well soup does seem more affordable at £3.75 though but she said she was making a loss at the moment on the small scale.

Because she always shares too much or writes without thinking, then deletes it. She should just take some time for herself rather than use social media as a friend/psychologist whatever.
Therapy would be very good for her. Her husband would have been so blindsided. Did she ever say she was so unhappy to him? I can understand about wanting to go back verus staying but she stayed anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I suspect, given her ex husband is a lawyer, that as she keeps alluding to him being abusive and controlling but has never actually come out with proof/ details he has told her to take that down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Why did she delete her post from a few days ago where she shared her life story? It was part of her Frolo take over.
When she said she starting making bad decisions, what does she mean?? Tbh most (all) of her decisions seems to be bad, nothing really ever sticks. Wonder if she has had therapy because it might help.

I guess the bad decisions means her cheating on her husband with a father at the school where her daughter goes…

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I suspect, given her ex husband is a lawyer, that as she keeps alluding to him being abusive and controlling but has never actually come out with proof/ details he has told her to take that down.
Yes she keeps alluding to the controlling aspect and has deleted those posts in the past as well. She must be getting a decent amount of money from him though as I can’t see how she affords her bills otherwise.
I guess the bad decisions means her cheating on her husband with a father at the school where her daughter goes…
Yes I remember someone on here writing about that ages ago. She does seem very airy fairy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think it's hilarious she wanted the apple butter recipe to be taken down off that website. Does she realise its just a place where people share recipes? Has she patented the recipe?! I thought it was a majorly traditional recipe that had been passed down through generations? Surely other people therefore cook it her way. She is nuts.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The apple butter thing is almost as cringey as the Drew Barrymore story, at least she had the good sense to take that one down (I would guess maybe her friend Ross who is the mutual friend/works with Drew might have had a word…?). It’s like she is trying hard to have something get picked up and go viral, to be the small brand being ripped off by the big corporates at the BBC 😅

Apple butter sounds rank and I also still dislike her brand being ‘Hunger bundles’ or whatever… I get that it’s from her name but when people are really going hungry and struggling to make ends meet, making a bit of sausage cassoulet for the yummy
Mummies of Dulwich is really not what comes to mind when you say that name.

• Haha
I think the apple butter looks and sounds really really delicious to be honest. I think the price is utterly crazy, however.

I don’t know her but I do really think cooking is her “thing”, she does seem good at it and she should stick to that rather than dabbling in other things eg button making, social media manager, virtual book clubs or whatever else she’s turned her hand to over the recent months. Just stick to one thing, commit yourself and you might make a success of it.

On the side, she should teach singing which would provide her a regular income alongside the massive payment she gets every month from her wealthy ex husband.

Reactions: 6
I just think constantly alluding to her ex being abusive just isn’t the best thing she can do for her kids. She really does need counselling.

Reactions: 6
I've bought some organic apple butter today, made of only apples for 3. 5 euros😉 its delicious! Apparently it contains 2.4kgs of apples for 300 grams butter. #uselessfactofthedat🍎
IMG_20221026_174625.jpg

• Haha
I’ve thought about it before and Her ex husband must be giving her a giving her a huge amount of money every month. To at one point not work and be able to have a house in London and a nanny 🤑

• Sick
Reactions: 3
It’s it just me or does anyone else feel a bit unsure about her posting about this homeless woman and disclosing the location to the world of where she was sleeping and all the help she is organising her?
It’s a great thing to do I would not put the location on social media personally.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
It’s it just me or does anyone else feel a bit unsure about her posting about this homeless woman and disclosing the location to the world of where she was sleeping and all the help she is organising her?
It’s a great thing to do I would not put the location on social media personally.
But how would we know how much of a wonderful person HM was if she didn’t splash all the details over sm? 🙄 ‘Claire’ is just another of HM’s new projects that will be probably be forgotten once she can’t be used for clout. But yes, for someone who apparently has a degree in social work, she shouldn’t be be disclosing her location at the very least.

Reactions: 14
"MY friend, Claire"... plastered everywhere. If she is your friend, Claire why don't you invite her to sleep on your couch? I mean she is a friend, after all, not a total stranger who is in a difficult situation as millions others. Maybe make her an apple butter sandwich and just be a friend behind closed doors.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I feel very uncomfortable about these posts. It's a total data protection breach - and as she refers to alcohol and drug use that would fall under enhanced data protection. I wouldn't put my friends address / addictions online, that's not friendship.

I wonder if she asked for Claire’s permission to post this information on social media?

Reactions: 3
Latest update: her 'friend' Claire is nowhere to be found. Maybe she didn't want a do gooder interfering at this moment.

• Wow