Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maliceinwanderlust

I feel very uncomfortable about these posts. It's a total data protection breach - and as she refers to alcohol and drug use that would fall under enhanced data protection. I wouldn't put my friends address / addictions online, that's not friendship.

Reactions: 10

truthinadd

Her husband was not abusive. I think of Bethie as always being a bit childlike, and I think merely bought into the traditional gender roles that the husband is the provider. She didn't really have a chance to grow up, as she slid right from being someone's child to being someone's wife. I think that there has always been a part of her that always felt she was going to be famous, as she has an incredible singing voice and is also telegenic. When that didn't happen, and the years passed, and the difficulties of raising kids became apparent, I think she got frustrated and bored and started acting out, which led eventually to the end of her marriage. Then, for the first time ever, she had to figure out how she was going to support herself. (And maybe still get famous). So I think she just had some growing up to do, as many of us do. I do wish she would make it clear to her followers that her husband was not abusive and controlling, because she's said a couple of things in the past where one could draw that conclusion, like comparing her situation with her mother's situation escaping an abusive first marriage.

I don't care about her too much, I'm too busy being riled by the fact that it takes her a fucking week to get a sentence out.
12 x 15 second long IG stories to say what regular people say in less than 3.

• Haha

Macaron3105

So there’s a few updates on the subscriber content…

1.Custody court hearing is taking place in March. She feels confident that she will win and the kids will move to US permanently.
2. Kids have just arrived for 2 weeks half term break (flew out there alone) and will be spending all of Christmas in the US with her.
3. Her parents have sold their house and are moving to Vashon Island, which is where she’s living (in her friend’s house) currently. She will be moving in with them and it has enough space for the kids to live with them too.

Crazy that she might actually get full custody of them…!

IAlreadyDespiseYou

Chatty Member
Apparently I follow her. Just seen her most recent post.

There’s not a cat’s chance she’ll get full custody of those kids and be able to leave the U.K. with them. She’d have to prove that taking them to the US would benefit them, and that that would be better than living in the country they were born in, with their father resident, with free healthcare and education (I mean they are probs at private school but you know what I mean) and his family presumably around. Even if they hold US passports that won’t hold much sway and unless she can prove the dad is abusing them or isn’t a good parent she’s not got much to go on. She’ll end up being allowed to take them there for holidays whilst he’ll get most custody. If he’s a lawyer she’s going to need a lot of resources to battle that.

Also, why on Earth would she want to put her kids into the US system for school/medical care/all the issues currently around women’s rights etc?

She’s spoiled and is going to get a hell of a shock when she doesn’t get her way.
I suspect she left them here for now because the dad will have refused to agree to them going and legally she can’t remove them without his consent. Even if he’d let her take them for half term, he probably knew she wouldn’t bring them back and once they are in the US he’d have to fight her to get them back.

Poor kids.

If he was abusive and awful, I would understand her desire to go home but reality is, she either becomes a holiday only parent or she sucks it up and stays here until they are 16/18 and they can decide what they want to do.

Reactions: 9

maliceinwanderlust

So deluded - thinks she had the power to change BBC Good Food's content plan 🤦🏻‍♀️ also think it's spam/rude that she's replying to individual people to tell them she sells the only real, genuine apple butter. One commenter is just talking about her family Christmas food prep traditions and how she'll add this recipe in and HM is straight in with 'don't bother, buy mine instead'

Attachments

• Wow

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
My take on her lawyer story is that they despaired when she moved and are now ‘at leasting’ her about what has happened since, and she’s just not hearing the truth.

A family member went through a hideous family court case over residency and every little thing is seized on and gone over. This move will be presented by the ex’s team as a sign that she doesn’t put her children first, that she acts impulsively, that she can’t make mature decisions about co-parenting etc. The fact that a woman in her 40s managing to find somewhere to live and generating some income is considered impressive hints at some fairly major concerns about her to me.
This may be unfair as we only know what she is saying, but alarm bells ring at how much of this is being presented more or less as ‘happy mum=happy kids’. The court is not particularly interested in happy parents - they want to see happy kids. It’s a mountain to climb to say why it’s best for her kids to leave their school, friends and father to live in the Pacific North West.

Her desire to be relevant and to make her ''brand'' happen seems to be almost pathological at this stage. Bizarre behaviour. Also, does she think that she somehow has a global monopoly on apple butter, and people must only know about it or make it via her recipe. How utterly ludicrous. It's like someone trying to claim jam (or any other condiment) as their own. Not to mention, of all the things - this is the hill on which you'll die and contact the BBC about?! Just wow.

Mgc85

There’s something weirdly toxic about her, it always just seems to land a bit wrong.

The post about her daughters birthday derailing (or ‘merailing’) into a (slightly far fetched) chance for her to soak up praise about her parenting.

The mental health post seemingly discouraging people from reaching out that just seemed really ill advised, a bit barbed and once again elevating her as somehow doing better than the average.

Worst of all the very sudden switch from crowing about long term support of a homeless woman to hyper focusing on a move to the US instead. From preaching about knowing what she’s doing and that it will be a long road to seemingly forgetting Claire entirely (within what…days?) as she has her new shiny goal now.

It’s all a bit grim to me. A privileged big little girl lost with a sense of superiority bouncing from project to project. I suspect there’s some really deep unhappiness at the heart of it all.

• Heart

Macaron3105

So the summary of the situation from the content you get to when you subscribe is…

1. She has COVID
2. She is locked in an expensive and aggressive international custody battle, which will end up being managed through a UK court. The court hearing is taking place soon. Her lawyers representing her are in the UK.
3. The kids are going out to US over half term and for Christmas too. She came over to London to see them recently but it cost her thousands so she can’t make trips like that very often.
4. She no longer has a job…she was let go from the Marketing job she had and is now nannying.
5. She’s living on an island near Seattle in her friend’s guest house. Apparently she is looking to buy somewhere and is making good progress on this. Not exactly sure how when she doesn’t have a regular income.
6. Lots of chat about toxic relationships, toxic ex blah blah blah.

• Wow

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
I know Bethie and her ex and she very much is not of the real world. She is also someone who will expect others to do things they might not want to do to fit her needs, and will therefore ask quite outrageous things of them without realising. She really hasn’t had to live as an independent adult.

I know nothing about recent developments (haven’t spoken to either of them for years) and although it is possible that her ex has got a transfer, it’s also entirely possible that she’s just ploughing ahead with all this and assuming he’ll fall into line. I guess we’ll find out. But he is definitely not going to be OK with the kids living on a different continent if that is her plan.

• Wow

Painsnail

I've avoided commenting on bethie since I also sort of know her in a convoluted way, but this is just bananas.

In what world does she think a court would side with her? To take two children, who were presumably born here and settled in school with a father who has at least fifty percent of their care, halfway across the world and away from the only home they've ever known? I feel for her, it must be bloody horrible to be stuck in another country double the time you thought you'd be, but this is madness.

Reactions: 8

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I’m wondering if the truth lies somewhere in between. She was happy for him to pay for things to an extent, but doesn’t quite fit the narrative of the I’m a survivor single mom.
While I accept that everyone should be financially equal in a marriage, especially if one of them looks after the little kids, there was nothing stopping Bethie from getting a proper job, instead of farting around arranging button making workshops. I mean, she has a nanny?! Maybe she could have gone back to college and earned some qualifications instead of trying to make it as an influencer. She gives me ‘Hygge Tygge’ vibes, like that character off Motherland.

Disclaimer; I know nothing about her financial arrangements but she’s got big Mumsnet ‘high earning partner’ energy.

So just so we are clear here: if this allegation is true (which I am not saying it is), Bethy has gone to live in America without the children and left them with an alleged abuser?

gossipygertie

She did recently have a job because she kept posting all her outfits and that she was cycling to work in clogs - did that job not last?

I am getting the vibe she might be one of those people you hire and shortly there after it becomes apparent they are not up to the task and always cause minor dramas.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I still don’t understand why HM was so insistent that this be brought into the public arena. From her initial stories outing (but not officially outing 🙄) MOD I thought the person in question had gone on some directed and relentless smear campaign against HM but quite frankly the two messages I’ve seen Alice reference HM in are barely even bitching let alone bullying.

If HM had any actual decency she would address how out of hand this has gotten instead of giving herself further head pats on how kind and good she is 🙄 in order to further grow her own account and agenda.

It was so unnecessary to drag MOD out into the public square to be attacked by every ill informed follower on ig and beyond. Her wrong-doings were barely worthy of this level of attention. She bitched about some fellow bloggers... hardly deserving of the overblown sh*t storm that is happening...

Also disappointed at her lack of support from FOD. What a world we live in..

• Heart

carriebooboo

Chatty Member
Her post about not being able to afford to take the kids to see her family, so she's going on her own. 😬 I looked and she could get flights for £410 each, so an extra £820 needed (plus train fare and passports, I suppose). She has a degree, musical abilities, experience from that last job. Seems like she could get a decent income if she put in the graft and make apple butter on the weekends.

gossipygertie

Yeah when HM wrote about some people going to Claire and actually giving her stuff in person, no wonder Claire has moved on. How overwhelming would that be for a woman otherwise just minding her own business.

• Sad
Father will have been well tooled up and probably has had a prohibited steps order in place for some time. Meanwhile mother is busily living in fantasy world and selling off her and the children’s possessions whilst “manifesting” a move back to US. From her last post, it sounds as though she either hadn’t even bothered to get legal advice until fairly recently or has ignored it as it wasn’t what she wanted to hear. She now has to convince an English court that relocating the children to the US without the consent of their father (whilst she herself isn’t even resident in the UK anymore) is in the children’s best interests. Good luck with that!