Hungermama

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What an utter fool. Poor children. Now lost one of their homes and had a large amount of their belongings sold or given away for free. Legal reality hits instagram manifestation hard.

Reactions: 6
Given that her ex is a partner in a London law firm how the duck is she funding this legal battle? I really feel for their poor kids - note she is very careful not to say whether they are with her in the States or not.

Reactions: 4
Can someone please explain what the hell is going on? So she’s in US and moved out of her house and sold her belongings without actually getting custody of the children?!

What does she mean she had to give up her house? I assume that was a choice she made because she wanted to go back to the US.

Stuff at the end of the day can always be replaced. I'm sure they took the photo albums, instead of all of the cupboards, Boden shoes and wall prints.

They as a couple agreed to 5 years in the UK. She stayed 12, but it could never feel like home for her. She gave up her rented house and went back to the US with the kids where she will have the support of friends and her family.

She made the right choice for herself I do bet there's been plenty of tears along way during the last few years.

We don't really know the specifics other than she proclaimed to the world in December that she was going to move back to the states and take the kids with her.

She seemed to imply it would be a fight with her ex, but then quickly went ahead and made plans anyway, getting a job with a US company (working remotely) and selling everything that wasn't nailed down. No idea if the kids are with her, as noted by @snarksnark. You would think she'd have planned to let the kids finish the school year here? Surely best for them. 🤷‍♀️

Baffled that her ex didn’t block the kids passports. She really does think she can do whatever she wants and sod the consequences. This isn’t about the kids, it’s about her as usual.

I live near her and know her as a friend of a friend. She has not taken the children - she's gone to America without them, quite suddenly.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I live near her and know her as a friend of a friend. She has not taken the children - she's gone to America without them, quite suddenly.
Wow. She’s a piece of work. The children will be so unsettled with all this.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Wow. As above, my thoughts and concerns are for the children whom - as a matter of fact - have basically been removed from one home and now their mother appears to be in the US without them. Extremely unsettling

Ah okay. It was the fact that she used the words “to get us home” that made me think they had gone with her.

Reactions: 2
Father will have been well tooled up and probably has had a prohibited steps order in place for some time. Meanwhile mother is busily living in fantasy world and selling off her and the children’s possessions whilst “manifesting” a move back to US. From her last post, it sounds as though she either hadn’t even bothered to get legal advice until fairly recently or has ignored it as it wasn’t what she wanted to hear. She now has to convince an English court that relocating the children to the US without the consent of their father (whilst she herself isn’t even resident in the UK anymore) is in the children’s best interests. Good luck with that!

Reactions: 8
Wow….that’s crazy. Still don’t understand how courts would win in her favour when the kids are settled at a really good school, he’s the main earner with a great job and has provided for her.

Reactions: 5
It sounds really, really messy. I really feel for her poor kids - I've never met her ex so I have no opinion on him at all, but I have met Bethie in passing a couple of times as she is acquainted with a friend of mine and she was pretty dismissive of me as I am very much not part of that instagram set. She just comes across as being in cloud cuckoo land most of the time.

Reactions: 5
I've avoided commenting on bethie since I also sort of know her in a convoluted way, but this is just bananas.

In what world does she think a court would side with her? To take two children, who were presumably born here and settled in school with a father who has at least fifty percent of their care, halfway across the world and away from the only home they've ever known? I feel for her, it must be bloody horrible to be stuck in another country double the time you thought you'd be, but this is madness.

Reactions: 8
Bethie is used to getting more or less what she wants is probably the answer to most of the above. It probably seemed inconceivable to her that it wouldn’t all happen her way.

She gave notice on the house for now so she planned the move at this time but given how backed up the courts are for non-urgent stuff there was never a realistic chance it would be sorted by now. Not to mention, as you all say, understanding the likelihood that the court will be to rule that she can take them to the US in any case. We most of us don’t know the ins and outs but my friend spent the best part of a year in court arguing about a move from Kent to London which meant reduced contact for the non-resident parent. Bethie and Jason have much more equal contact time, so just as a starting point, before the location is considered, the courts have to find sufficient reason for the children to lose so much time with him.

Unfortunately parents get stuck living places they don’t want to be all the time when marriages break down. It’s one of the reasons people need to think really carefully about moving abroad with kids.

I’ve had Bethie try to steamroll me and she didn’t succeed but her approach is very much to ignore reality. Amusingly the situation she was telling me was so difficult for her that I had to resolve was (a) so very much not difficult by any reasonable measure and (b) something she was presenting as idyllic on her Instagram account. So I take pretty much everything on there with a giant pinch of salt.

As an aside I do wonder whether those of us on this thread who know her in various ways all know each other!

Stuff at the end of the day can always be replaced. I'm sure they took the photo albums, instead of all of the cupboards, Boden shoes and wall prints.

They as a couple agreed to 5 years in the UK. She stayed 12, but it could never feel like home for her. She gave up her rented house and went back to the US with the kids where she will have the support of friends and her family.

She made the right choice for herself I do bet there's been plenty of tears along way during the last few years.
I think what they agreed to 12 years ago is irrelevant, it’s the now that counts. And the fact is now they have two children and it’s no longer about them or what they agreed to but the kids and what is best for them.

On a somewhat unrelated point it blows my mind that parents would actively seek to send their children to school in America. No thanks!

Reactions: 7
Apparently I follow her. Just seen her most recent post.

There’s not a cat’s chance she’ll get full custody of those kids and be able to leave the U.K. with them. She’d have to prove that taking them to the US would benefit them, and that that would be better than living in the country they were born in, with their father resident, with free healthcare and education (I mean they are probs at private school but you know what I mean) and his family presumably around. Even if they hold US passports that won’t hold much sway and unless she can prove the dad is abusing them or isn’t a good parent she’s not got much to go on. She’ll end up being allowed to take them there for holidays whilst he’ll get most custody. If he’s a lawyer she’s going to need a lot of resources to battle that.

Also, why on Earth would she want to put her kids into the US system for school/medical care/all the issues currently around women’s rights etc?

She’s spoiled and is going to get a hell of a shock when she doesn’t get her way.
I suspect she left them here for now because the dad will have refused to agree to them going and legally she can’t remove them without his consent. Even if he’d let her take them for half term, he probably knew she wouldn’t bring them back and once they are in the US he’d have to fight her to get them back.

Poor kids.

If he was abusive and awful, I would understand her desire to go home but reality is, she either becomes a holiday only parent or she sucks it up and stays here until they are 16/18 and they can decide what they want to do.

Reactions: 9
From her latest story it looks like she works for Educatius Group an International Student type company.

Reactions: 1