Hungermama

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Latest update: her 'friend' Claire is nowhere to be found. Maybe she didn't want a do gooder interfering at this moment.
Oh, that’s a surprise. Not. Probably an unpopular opinion, but she would have been better raising money for a homeless/addiction charity than one specific person who she was treating as a pet. For a lot of people on the streets, it’s not simply a case of getting them a place to live or money for a deposit. There’s so many underlying issues, that they can’t possibly be solved with ‘just’ money (or the love and goodwill of a wannabe influencer who was using them for likes).

Reactions: 10
Not surprised by this but genuinely surprised by the naivety she shows as a fully grown woman. She seems a little lost, like a kind of ‘poor little rich girl’ kind of feeling that she believes she’s meant for something special (and may very well be) but just flits aimlessly between ‘projects’ in the meantime.

She hid behind a ‘degree in social work’ in this situation, which really doesn’t cover a knowledge of all the different complex and specific issues that might bring someone to a transient living situation and went way, way overboard on bathing in the warm glow of ‘saving’ this, essentially, stranger. I hope the money does go to some good homeless charities, shelters or soup kitchens who are staffed with people with the actual practical tools rather than sheer puppy like goodwill.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not surprised by this but genuinely surprised by the naivety she shows as a fully grown woman. She seems a little lost, like a kind of ‘poor little rich girl’ kind of feeling that she believes she’s meant for something special (and may very well be) but just flits aimlessly between ‘projects’ in the meantime.

She hid behind a ‘degree in social work’ in this situation, which really doesn’t cover a knowledge of all the different complex and specific issues that might bring someone to a transient living situation and went way, way overboard on bathing in the warm glow of ‘saving’ this, essentially, stranger. I hope the money does go to some good homeless charities, shelters or soup kitchens who are staffed with people with the actual practical tools rather than sheer puppy like goodwill.
You are absolutely spot on. I feel uncomfortable with this social media exposure of a really vulnerable woman, even with what I’m sure are good intentions.

Reactions: 7
I want to believe the good intentions, but deep down it’s just to make herself feel good, otherwise she could’ve done this privately/anonymously or just to a charity. It smacks of showing off and also is incredibly incredibly patronising to Claire. (“That’s all one can really do” *clutches pearls*)

She’s better off donating it to Claire’s shelter, with a receipt.

Her post about not being able to afford to take the kids to see her family, so she's going on her own. 😬 I looked and she could get flights for £410 each, so an extra £820 needed (plus train fare and passports, I suppose). She has a degree, musical abilities, experience from that last job. Seems like she could get a decent income if she put in the graft and make apple butter on the weekends.

Reactions: 8
The Claire situation was always going to end this way, it was clear as day from the first post. I’m surprised that so many people naively contributed to the campaign tbh. HM came on far too strong and I am not surprised that Claire retreated. Most social workers would know this is not how you help people so she’s clearly forgotten a lot from her long-ago training! I do feel a bit badly for HM but as everyone has said it’s just another example of how she leaps into projects/jobs without thinking anything through properly.

Reactions: 5
Her post about not being able to afford to take the kids to see her family, so she's going on her own. 😬 I looked and she could get flights for £410 each, so an extra £820 needed (plus train fare and passports, I suppose). She has a degree, musical abilities, experience from that last job. Seems like she could get a decent income if she put in the graft and make apple butter on the weekends.
Only 66 jars of apple butter 😌 isnt this her 3rd trip to the US this year? Of course, she is free to do whatever but then don't look for pity on insta that you can't take the kids. Its all about choices.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It’s also school time for the kids! Can’t just drag them out for a random week or two.

Reactions: 1
So unbelievably patronising. The poor woman never asked for her help...she's just thrust all this attention on her from nowhere.

This whole thing has made me feel so uncomfortable. She can choose how much of her own life she shares with her audience but it’s such an invasion of privacy to do that for a vulnerable person. Homelessness and addiction are so complex and it’s not as easy as well intentioned people throwing money at the person and expecting the bad stuff to go away. She’s talked a lot about her degree in social work but seems to have no grasp on the practical reality of the situation.

She’s quite clumsy with the wording and I feel throughout reading that it’s only one small step from asking Claire to be more grateful for what she was doing for her, which is where I worried it was heading from the start…

She’s quite clumsy with the wording and I feel throughout reading that it’s only one small step from asking Claire to be more grateful for what she was doing for her, which is where I worried it was heading from the start…
Exactly that. This is why it's so important to use official channels and let professionals or trained charity staff deal with situations like this. Anyone who deals with homeless people as part of their work will have training and know to keep their personal hopes/feelings/ideals out of it, let alone the issues around using charity donations correctly/as the donor intended. I think HM is a funny fish a lot of the time but this has really shocked me, she's a grown adult FFS, she should understand how inappropriate this whole situation was.

• Heart
Yeah when HM wrote about some people going to Claire and actually giving her stuff in person, no wonder Claire has moved on. How overwhelming would that be for a woman otherwise just minding her own business.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yeah when HM wrote about some people going to Claire and actually giving her stuff in person, no wonder Claire has moved on. How overwhelming would that be for a woman otherwise just minding her own business.
It would have been so overwhelming for her with strangers coming up to her.

Reactions: 3
HM was using the expression "how cool" so often when doing stories about her so called "friend" Claire was so cringy I found. There was definitely nothing cool about Claire's suitation. This all thing was always about HM and never about Claire. Just HM trying hard once again to get more likes and followers...HM is a lost cause and a nut case!

Also she can't afford plane tickets for her kids to go and see her grandparents but she can fly on her own to the states three times this year and she didn't think twice to spend a lot of money on a pair of shoes (that got stollen by Drew Barrymore in the end according to HM...) She definitely has no clues with what her priorities are really...She is a 🤡

Reactions: 4
So apparently she is determined to move back to Seattle and is planning on going.
Wonder how her kids feel about their parents living in different countries. I wonder if it is really in the kids best interest or mainly hers?

Reactions: 1