Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

37BBL

VIP Member
Love trying new shampoo and conditioner.
I am using tigi urban antidotes 3 at the moment which I love. Also live tigi blonde godess. Also really like herbal essence hair mask in argan oil, smells amazing.
Always use treseme hair oil after washing or after curling my hair.
And I have the fanola no more yellow shampoo for when my hair is looking a bit brassy.
I've got an appointment for my highlights on 11 July and I cannot wait!!! I hate my roots so much, they are almost down to my eyebrows. Sounds stupid but everytime I am on a teams call for work it's all I look at.

TheScarletgirl

VIP Member
I also use the lush bars, they cost around £8 each, and one lasts me around 6 months. Since using them the condition of my hair has improved no end, would highly recommend.
It did take me a few washes to get used to the conditioner bar as my hair is so thick but i wouldn't go back to bottled stuff now.
I use these to i use jason and the argon oil pink one .

I use Lush solid shampoo, the ones without sulphates. £8 and last ages. Then I use Aussie conditioner, but need very little as the shampoo is so gentle.
What ones do you use?

Lolly505

VIP Member
Has anyone got a review on garnier banana shampoo?
I was actually looking at this the other day because it's better than half price is Superdrug currently. Decided against buying because I've got too many shampoos to work through as is (including a different banana one) but the website reviews were pretty complimentary!

Strawberry-pot

Chatty Member
I used to use Aussie for years no problems then all of a sudden I broke out with an dry flakey scalp so now use body shop anti dandruff ginger range! It’s the only one that worked!! It’s about £6 a bottle but lasts ages as a little goes a long way!

On a similar note dry shampoo. Any recommendations? Not Batiste 🤢 I saw brad Mondo recommend a foam one but can't remember the name. Just seen pantene do a new foam though
Amika in my opinion is the best dry shampoo second to that bumble and bumble's pret-a-powder - expensive but well worth it!

Sw4

VIP Member
God I just buy whatever is on offer at supermarket but I may take up some of these suggestions.

I have wavyish hair that I used to leave natural and it looked nice but in the last couple of years, it's become straightish with kinks rather than nice waves. Especially the front and top of my hair is almost straight now yet underneath is still quite wavy, it drives me mad as I can't leave it wavy any more, but I don't want to straighten it every day! Any tips?

Aceofspades

Chatty Member
I bought the banana shampoo and conditioner from the Body Shop after seeing all the positive reviews, but I'm really not impressed. I think it's made my hair drier! 😕
Likewise! I gave it a whirl too but it's all disappointing. Makes my hair dry and tangly.

theghosttown

VIP Member
it’s working very well for me, I’m using the three step system. However I am also taking Vitabiotics skin and hair supplements to try and help as well. 6 weeks ago I was shedding that much I was so reluctant to wash it as I knew the whole drying and styling would make me shed loads (very traumatic).
You sound identical to me, I wasn’t sure if mine was a side effect of my PCOS Unfortunately I have to wash every day I just get terribly greasy hair. I totally get what you mean about it being traumatic, it’s such a worry. Do you think the supplements help? I have never really known whether to trust them but open to anything to be honest. I’m going to look into this now!!

JD-Morgan

This is not directly true...I don’t care how much I spend on hair products but always look at ingredients. I used to spend over £300 on my hair a month but after dipping in and out of the curly girl method I currently use a £1 shampoo and conditioner that works for me which is sulphate and silicone free... Price doesn’t always mean quality...
What shampoo and conditioner is it you use?

Vploco646

€15 each for the shampoo and conditioner. Then €10 for a hair mask, €8 for blow dry heat protect spray & €12 for the curl hold

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
I was sick of my hair going brassy so I ordered a purple toner off amazon the brand is ‘pro voke’, it was only £2.49, was a bit dubious but OMG! It’s fab. Definitely ordering it again!

theghosttown

VIP Member
I usually use Oribe Gold Lust too, I only wash my hair twice a week so it lasts. The smell is absolutely divine.

I have however had to switch to Nioxin, not sure if everything going on the is causing it but my hair has been shedding more than usual.

How have you found nioxin?? I’m having major shedding issues too.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
For conditioner I use the Elvive thickening conditioner in the teal and pink bottle. My hair has improved drastically. Again around £3.50-£4 a bottle.
Is that the Fibrology one? I use that too. It's very good. There's a pharmacy near me that often has the 700ml one on offer for £3.50. It lasts absolutely ages.

Titntat

VIP Member
I used tresemme. I've used it for about three years now. So cheap from b&m for a massive bottle too. I did treat my self to some of that banana hair food. But my hair doesnt really need it.

Prinfluencer

I've had a pink toner on my hair this time round. It had to be done 3 times to get even a tint. I've bought bleach London rose shampoo and conditioner to keep the tint as long as possible anyone used this?

I use Aveda, Davines and Philip Kingsley. I try and rotate them as my hair gets too “used” to products. Tbh I don’t think it would matter what I used atm because it’s not been cut since March and would make no difference to how it sits!