Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rock.chick93

I'm currently using milkshake. Change the one I use every time I need to get a new one. Love the smell and my hair feels so nice and stronger.

Around £40 every 5/6 months for shampoo and conditioner

Reactions: 1

Prinfluencer

I use Wella professionals fusion shampoo. I buy it in 1l bottles coming to around £35-40 if you buy from particular places online with a discount code. I last bought it in January so a L usually lasts me around 5 months I wash my hair 2- 3 times a week.

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
Resurrecting this rather than starting a new thread to ask, did anyone find their hair became more greasy once using shampoo bars? And I’m not just talking to initial transition period, I’ve used bars for about 6 months and in the last month or so the back of my head has been greasy when I’ve blow dried. At first I assumed it’s some sort of build up but I’ve made sure I’m washing the product out completely and I’m careful to only use the conditioner in the length of my hair and not the roots 😒
I only used shampoo bar once and had the same thing and returned back to normal shampoo. I used Lush shampoo bar and it was so greasy, it almost looks like 'clump'. I am using the Ginger shampoo from Body Shop now

no-no

VIP Member
My hair was full of knots too, especially just after washing until I used Oribe. Yeah you know what works for your own hair!

I'm sorry you're feeling down 😢 it is difficult to feel motivated . Anything you do whether it's have a nice bath or shower, brush your hair. It's all a positive. You can introduce wee bits of your routine here & there until you feel like you just want to go for it ❤ I know it always gives me a wee lift when I've used one of the nice products, even just my good shower gel that I keep by for times in need. You deserve to feel nice 😊
Ahh, thank you, lovely ❤

• Heart

Storminanecup

I use olaplex no 4 and 5 (shampoo and conditioner) do do an olaplex treatment once a week.i have a full head bleach,so really try and look after it well! I also love pureology strength cure range too!🙌🏻

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I use the Christophe Robin range, specifically the Rose Volumising shampoo and conditioner and the Color Shield shampoo and conditioner. Neither of the shampoos contain sulfates or silicones and the conditioners don't contain silicones. I also use several masks from Christophe Robin, including the Shade Variation mask in golden blonde to keep my hair colour vibrant. I also love the Regenerating Mask. Obviously I don't use everything all at once, I switch around according to what I think my hair needs - I wash it every day as it's fine and gets oily if I don’t. Additionally I use Olaplex 3 every once in a while and I have number 1 and 2 appliedatthesqlonwhen I have my hair coloured. Regarding cost, a shampoo and conditioner from Christophe Robin is about £65 for the two. I buy them from Look Fantastic and they often have discount codes available.

idk2

VIP Member
Honestly, it makes such a difference, im dark and curly haired naturally, grew it long, dyed it red, went from red to blonde, had to have an undercut because it was so dry and knotty unterneath and it was just awful trying to do anything with it. I recently went dark again thank goodness but im very, very grey and cannot wait for my natural hair colour and texture to really come through again. ❤
Aww, I find that happens with a lot of people especially after going blonde! Then they all resort to hair extensions once they've had to chop off all the damaged hair. Hair extensions also cause bald spots too, due to them pulling on your scalp. Its a never ending vicious cycle.

I have black hair thats brown in the sun (we all say this right?) so I think I'd go for a caramel brown balayage to start and then once I get more bold, go for blonde but I'll have to be strict and stop the treatment once I notice any damage or fried ends.

• Heart

Instawhut!

I use anything by Loreal Elvive - All of them absolutely divine. I have very thick curly hair (which I straighten every single time I wash it every 3 days). My hair has never been damaged or coloured, its my only trait I accept compliments on! I really want to get it coloured but I get so put off with all the horror stories! My sister has been dying her brown hair blonde for the last few years and right now she looks like someone has shat on her head with her blonde roots down to her ears :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, it makes such a difference, im dark and curly haired naturally, grew it long, dyed it red, went from red to blonde, had to have an undercut because it was so dry and knotty unterneath and it was just awful trying to do anything with it. I recently went dark again thank goodness but im very, very grey and cannot wait for my natural hair colour and texture to really come through again. ❤

Lauren1994

I use mane ‘n tail, it’s good for making your hair thicker with more volume. Mine is in really good condition when I use this and I’ve been losing hair for years :( my hair is so thin! Occasionally I use gliss shampoo and conditioner from £1 shop as it has oils in which makes my hair soft.

both are good price for what they do

TruffleTrifle

Body Shop. Big bottles of shampoo about £9 and conditioner same, then using the hair masque which is about £15 a tub. Normally Do a buy every 3 months and it lasts me the full amount of time. Been using it for best part of 10 years, I am allergic to most standard shampoos. Used to love Elvive as a wee teen, but they changed the formula and it caused such bad allergic reactions I had to take tacrolimus (which is medicine for transplant patients!) to stop my skin reacting to everything it touched.

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
I buy a twin pack of TiGi shampoo & conditioner from allbeauty.com for about £13 + postage. They are 750ml bottles and last me forever. I have thick, long, dyed blonde hair too. They don't come with the dispenser pumps but you can get them off ebay for like £3.50 and just keep them.

openbook1

VIP Member
On a similar note dry shampoo. Any recommendations? Not Batiste 🤢 I saw brad Mondo recommend a foam one but can't remember the name. Just seen pantene do a new foam though
I have a few different ones that I like.

Dove has an amazing one although I am not sure if you can get it in the UK?
This Not Your Mother one...expensive but good.
And Garnier has a good one but again not sure if you can get it there.

laughing

VIP Member
God I just buy whatever is on offer at supermarket but I may take up some of these suggestions.

I have wavyish hair that I used to leave natural and it looked nice but in the last couple of years, it's become straightish with kinks rather than nice waves. Especially the front and top of my hair is almost straight now yet underneath is still quite wavy, it drives me mad as I can't leave it wavy any more, but I don't want to straighten it every day! Any tips?
Does it just need a bit of a trim ( easy to say these days!) It may just be heavy and being pulled down with weigh

Curly Top

VIP Member
I've been using Josh Wood brunette shampoo and conditioner for fine hair. I really like the conditioner.

I find avoiding sulphates in shampoo is a good thing. They don't lather up as much but once you get used to that, they don't seem to tangle up or dry the hair so much. I also use the blue Maui shampoo and conditioner, which is also relatively inexpensive but good quality.

As I have unruly curly hair, I use masks every week. My daughter found a brilliant one, which is inexpensive but really good. Bleach London Reincarnation Mask. It's often on offer at Boots. It is made for very bleached hair, which mine isn't but it is dry. This mask does sort it out.

Coconut oil is effective too as an overnight treatment.

hrh89

VIP Member
Not much. The most I spend is maybe £2.50 on each. I only spend that on the Aussie stuff which I really like. One of the best conditioners are the Dove ones which are usually £1-£1.50. Shampoos I use any old cheap stuff tbh 😂 I found a knock off in Poundland of the Body Shop Ginger shampoo which I like.

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
Resurrecting this rather than starting a new thread to ask, did anyone find their hair became more greasy once using shampoo bars? And I’m not just talking to initial transition period, I’ve used bars for about 6 months and in the last month or so the back of my head has been greasy when I’ve blow dried. At first I assumed it’s some sort of build up but I’ve made sure I’m washing the product out completely and I’m careful to only use the conditioner in the length of my hair and not the roots 😒

Lolly505

VIP Member
Not so much if a recommendation but I found the Aussie dry shampoo rubbish. I got a trial size of IGK charcoal & I'm on the fence as to whether it's worth the money, its probably only marginally better than Batiste. The smell is nice but maybe a bit sickly.
I bought Superdrug's own stuff (the volume one and the brunette one,) and I feel like they do a decent job. I try to use them sparingly, just because I don't want to rely on dry shampoo, so I can't vouch for them day-to-day but the volume one is pretty good if I'm in a rush and need to refresh my hair