Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

coconochanel

VIP Member
I like the elvive great lengths shampoo & conditioner. I’ve got long straight hair. Makes it slightly greasier though
Yes I used to use Elvive shampoo and conditioner but the shampoo felt like it never cleaned my hair so now I use Head and shoulders shampoo and elvive conditioner. I used to use Pantene but they changed it and it made my head itchy. Ive also used Kerastase which I like.

Louise208

Chatty Member
This is probably peak-lockdown, but I've stopped using shampoo and conditioner. I just wash my hair with water now. It's honestly never been healthier & easier to manage. It doesn't stink or get greasy easily, which I was worried about.
I would love to try no shampoo, but does ur hair still not be greasy when just using water?

Dexy

VIP Member
I alternate between John Frieda Blonde and Ogx. They are affordable and seem to work for my hair. I have long, straight, layered hair and I’ve found the L’Oréal No Haircut Cream a life saver during lockdown.

openbook1

VIP Member
I am currently using L'Oréal Ever Pure which I like, not too expensive, and sulfate free.

I love Davines but $40 is so expensive.

Sometimes I go to Winners (TK Maxx) and they have expensive products for much cheaper.

I use Lush solid shampoo, the ones without sulphates. £8 and last ages. Then I use Aussie conditioner, but need very little as the shampoo is so gentle.

Lynseyp

VIP Member
I used to spend stupid amounts of money on Shampoo & Conditioners as i was mad on the Aveda range but found it didn't do much for my hair. I now use Avon's Moroccan Oil Shampoo and conditioner and cost £2 each and love it.

Mememememe

Slightly off topic does anyone have any good recommendations for shampoos that are good for sensitive scalps. No matter what I use after a few washes or even the first it gives me a really dry flaky scalp or even burns it and my hairline goes all red😭😭😭
My kids use a shampoo bar from the Yorkshire soap company on esty. They are lush. Small but keep dry between washes and they last a while. No nasties. It will take time for your hair t adjust to having no sls sulphates or silicones tho.

Last edited:

HighHorse

I juts use Tresemme, when I dyed my hair I used the colour protect but now I use the keratin smooth (I think it's called) or the 24 hour body. I've tried all sorts of shampoo and conditioner, expensive and cheap and the only one thta doesn't leave my hair heavy and horrible is tresemme so I just stuck to it.

I always wait for a deal in super drug though or get it from Savers cause its usually £5 total for both and they're big 900ml bottles.

User_name_100

I'm currently using TiGi urban antidotes number three conditioner. It smells amazing and is ok for a conditioner. Nothing special about it in my opinion but it's a massive bottle and lasts forever.

I like to use sulphate free shampoo however I'm currently using TiGi urban antidotes (blue bottle) shampoo. It has sulphates but I bought it on a whim. I like it, smells nice and lathers really well but once again it's nothing majorly special.

I've used so many branded shampoos and conditioners in the past I've lost count. I generally lean towards sulphate free shampoos nowadays. I try to find conditioners with no silicones too. I'm not particularly in love with one particular brand either, just whatever looks nice!

Oh I have tried OGX and I have found their shampoos are really good. I used the collegen one in the purple bottle and found it lathered really well and made my hair feel good. I'll probably buy it again when I've used up my current TiGi shampoo.

Nosey Moo

Chatty Member
I like primark shampoo and conditioner - Manuka honey & Moroccan Argan oil. Smells amazing too.
sadly ran out during lockdown :/ so been using one of the ultimate blends one which came across on offer. Anyone on here tried that banana shampoo which has been posted a bit on insta?

Khaleesi

I’ve got bleached hair with extensions and I alternate between Redken purple shampoo & conditioner which are about £15 each and Tigi urban antidotes in the big bottles for around £15 for the 2. My mum works in home bargains though and came home with lots of Umberto Gianni shampoo and conditioners this week which are 99p and 49p each compared to £6.49 each in boots, I’ve tried them today and my hair feels lovely so I may stock up! I use Olaplex once a week too.
Hi! I’m also bleach blonde and tried so many purple shampoos in between going to the salon and most of them have been rubbish! How is the Redken one? Been wanting to try that one so would love to know someone else’s opinion on it?

LittleBird

I love the John Freida Detox shampoo and conditioner. My hair is highlighted but it really makes it look and feel good.

It's about £6 per bottle but I only wash my hair twice a week so lasts a while and it smells incredible!

PoleStar

Chatty Member
£100! I'm sorry, but that is mad! Trying to stay off my high horse here, but *whispers* some people are struggling to buy food...
I've looked at Oribe and wouldn't touch it. That Gold Lust shampoo is full of silicones, which are cheap ingredients and not at all good for hair in the long term. I never buy shampoo or conditioner that contains silicone or sulfates.

LT31514

So I’m stuck in a bit of a rut with my shampoo and conditioner and wondering whether I REALLY need the expensive stuff? For reference I currently use bumble and bumble which is over £20 a bottle. I’m trying to be more conscious of spending in corona times and wondering if I should be spending more on better shampoo or a cheap shampoo and expensive conditioner. What works for you all? Home brand? Tell me everything!

Tor88

I’m currently loving the L’Oréal dream lengths set. Smells amazing and makes my hair soft and sleek. Also a fan of herbal essence 0%
Shampoo for a cleanse once a week or so. I tend to alternate.

ClemLikeFlem

I use function of beauty - their 16oz bottles last me around 6 months (I have shorter hair and wash every other day) and I’m a fan of the fact I can personalise it and the scent without the formula being off.. they are a bit more expensive at £39 though

Bae56

£100...... on shampoo?!😲
It is a lot, I know 🙈 Deliberated for months about buying it. My hair was completely wrecked with bleach though dry, tuggy, broken. I tried everything. It's been well worth it as its saved it.

Just to add to I had expected it to take a few washes to notice a difference but it works straight away

laughing

VIP Member
I used to use Aussie for years no problems then all of a sudden I broke out with an dry flakey scalp so now use body shop anti dandruff ginger range! It’s the only one that worked!! It’s about £6 a bottle but lasts ages as a little goes a long way!
I had the same problem with Aussie. I never liked the smell either