Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fudgecakes

I switched to Oribe 6 months ago & in all honesty it's absolutely worth the price tag. The smell is beautiful.

The Gold Lust range has worked wonders is little over £100 for full size shampoo & conditioner. They do smaller sizes too.

I also use the volume shampoo & conditioner which is around £90. I use the maxamista spray. This stuff really works.
That’s interesting! I used the Oribe Gold Lust for about 3 months, but had to go back to Olaplex as it was doing absolutely nothing for my hair. Not helping the frizz or the condition at all. Glad it worked for you

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
I usually have a few options on the go at a time. So cheaper options like John Frieda or Charles Worthington and some more expensive ones. Bumble and Bumble, Kerastase and Redken are my go-to. I have used Oribe and IGK in the past too. I try to never pay full price for shampoo and conditioner if I can help it!

Instawhut!

Agree with Lush bars; great environmentally and I love their wee tins you can get them in. Love taking one to the swimming as well; chlorine really lifts out the hair. Recommend them!

Lush also do good conditioners and treatments.

They do one called R&B - esp good for thick/wavy/natural hair peeps - use as a leave in conditioner. It’s amazing. The tub will last ages as it needs to be used sparingly and... importantly never ever put this near your roots!!! Orrrr your hair will be so lank and greasy feeling you will want to shave it off. 😂 but it’s immense for dry ends.

Olaplex: occasionally get a treatment at the hairdresser and it’s incredible. Bottles for home are about £25 each I believe so pricey. However, I believe they do last ages. I am going to buy the weekly treatment one and keep using my Lush bars as normal.

Shampoos that make me want to chop my hair off and cry:-

Aussie 😭
Treseme (I can feel the lankness just thinking anoint that Satan serum) 💔
Pantene, herbal essences, vosene (massive reaction when I was a kid, blisters and all.🤮)

basically most of the ones down the supermarket aisle.

Not intended in any snobby way; I envy anyone who can use them!! The ££ and ‘mare of a time finding good ones.

So yeah; Lush (most their hair stuff in fairness) and Olaplex.

When I’ve got my hair coloured I like Olaplex or Maria Nila. Absolutely no point paying for awesome colours (purples, reds etc) and using a sulphate laden shampoo. Just strips and dulls the colour right away and leaves hair brittle (well, it does to my mane anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️)

I hear you. Aussie leaves me hair feeling SO heavy and weighed down with product. Disgusting.

I’m not really into sweet smelling shampoos... attracts wasps and I’m liable to run in front of a f&cking bus trying to get away 😳😳

I am not blonde- naturally very dark with usually dyed hair (purples, red, orange etc) Lush do a purple shampoo called Daddy-O. It is really good. I bought before realising it was for blondes 😂😂 smells really good and was an overall decent shampoo.

Realise I’ve plugged Lush a LOT in my posts here. Not a #ad 😂

Satan serum 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Scvee13

I use loads of different ones, I tried the tropic ones but weren't for me, I do like the body shop banana range, sometimes use wash&go, going to try the lush bars next. I like a vegan one that boots sell but only had it once as too expensive to justify it

cushtybert

VIP Member
Just wondering what shampoo/conditioner you use and recommend, I’ve got very thick long hair, slight wave and prone to frizz.
I’m currently using a shampoo and conditioner from Avon which is great as it has a lovely long lasting smell to it but was wondering if there is anything out there that doesn’t cost the earth that can combat frizz and make your hair smell great?!

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
On a similar note dry shampoo. Any recommendations? Not Batiste 🤢 I saw brad Mondo recommend a foam one but can't remember the name. Just seen pantene do a new foam though
I've tried so many dry shampoos and the best one for me is Sainsbury's own brand, I think it's called my hair matters. It's only £1.50 but I would pay more as it's so good.

MotherofDragons

Has anyone got a review on garnier banana shampoo?
The Hair Food one? No - I have the mask and it smells divine, been trying to pick up the shampoo and conditioner but I can't seem to get my hands on it when I go shopping. I do have the aloe vera shampoo and conditioner which is lovely.

Another recommendation is the Dove 2in1 - I was always sceptical of a 2in1 until I tried this at a friends house and it always makes my hair feel lovely, its usually on offer in supermarkets at £2 for 400ml.

How have you found nioxin?? I’m having major shedding issues too.
it’s working very well for me, I’m using the three step system. However I am also taking Vitabiotics skin and hair supplements to try and help as well. 6 weeks ago I was shedding that much I was so reluctant to wash it as I knew the whole drying and styling would make me shed loads (very traumatic).

You sound identical to me, I wasn’t sure if mine was a side effect of my PCOS Unfortunately I have to wash every day I just get terribly greasy hair. I totally get what you mean about it being traumatic, it’s such a worry. Do you think the supplements help? I have never really known whether to trust them but open to anything to be honest. I’m going to look into this now!!
I’m not sure but something is working. There were lots of different hair vitamins in Boots but when looking they all had the same in them.

Custard cream

This is probably peak-lockdown, but I've stopped using shampoo and conditioner. I just wash my hair with water now. It's honestly never been healthier & easier to manage. It doesn't stink or get greasy easily, which I was worried about.
Do you mean that you never use shampoo anymore? Like not even once a week??

I’m using Pureology Hydrate at the moment, I got it on offer a few weeks ago I think I was £67 for 1 litre bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I have dyed blonde hair and despite not having it cut or coloured in 6 months due to covid, my hair has never felt in better condition. It was recommended to me by a hairdresser but not one who sells products.

Its SLS free also. Absolutely love it. I initially bought the 250ml bottles to try it, I think the set was £25.
I love love love the pureology shampoo and conditioner. I used to use it and my hair was in great condition but since being on maternity leave I fee like I can’t really afford it so have switched it out for a less expensive alternative. But once I’m back to work I will for sure repurchase it.

Motherwellgirl

Shampoo bar from cosy cottage soap company. Is 3.90 and lasts about two months.

I use their conditioner roundel as well, it’s 4 quid.
Both products are vegan.
Frizz ease conditioner, 3 tubs have lasted me since Xmas and very occasionally Aldi own brand, 89p and not animal tested.

Bae56

@theghosttown I'll definitely put the Oribe spray on my list, thank you. It does smell amazing. I love how the instructions are lather, indulge, rinse. I stand with it in my palms and inhale for a good 10 seconds before applying 😂

The brush is great, I'd definitely recommend.
It's also good of you're prone to an itchy scalp, glide it over the scalp as your brushing.

I've heard great things about Nioxin! I'll need to get it. I was using Capasal from the dr, it didn't only smell horrific but I went back to it recently and it made me worse.

@Flossy2019 quite right, if my hair could cope with £10 shampoo & conditioner I'd get it too 😂

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
aveida shampoo for my dry/flaky scalp - think it’s about £15/20 a bottle, for conditioner I just get whatever’s cheapest. My hairs about 28 inches long so I can’t afford to splash out on shampoo AND conditioner😂