Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flossy2019

VIP Member
Slightly off topic does anyone have any good recommendations for shampoos that are good for sensitive scalps. No matter what I use after a few washes or even the first it gives me a really dry flaky scalp or even burns it and my hairline goes all red😭😭😭

hiya_hun

VIP Member
I use Kerastase shampoo and conditioner or Maui Moisture. Kerastase is expensive, about £45 for both. Maui Moisture you can buy in Boots and most supermarkets but it’s still £9 a bottle.

I don’t use sulfates or silicones on my hair so I spend more. You get what you pay for. Cheap shampoo is full of crap
Thanks for the reccomendation - I just looked up Maui as I would also like to stop using silicones and sulphates on my hair. It's on offer in Boots atm for £5.99 so I am going to get some 💜

lexle

Can anyone recommend anything for super frizzy hair? My hair is straight but it’s so frizzy and I’m so embarrassed! I have to wash it a lot because of how greasy it is too. I realise this won’t be helping... I’ve tried shampoos and treatments you can get in places like Superdrug (Aussie, Tresemme, John Frieda etc) but I’m so fed up now that I’m prepared to go more expensive

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend me a good shampoo
please? I have really thick, straight hair, my scalp is a quite dry though but just looking for a great shampoo to try! I don’t mind something expensive if it’s amazing :)

TIA x

Drea1984

Chatty Member
I like the elvive great lengths shampoo & conditioner. I’ve got long straight hair. Makes it slightly greasier though

Trixabellee9393

Hey! I used to wash my hair every other day without fail but I’ve turned into a bit of a minger the past year 😫 and it’s more every 3-4 days! I don’t use dry shampoo as it makes my head god damn itchy an makes my eyes feel sore for some reason? Plus I hate the thought of it sitting on my head yucky haha xx anyway I’m sensitive to stuff so it’s really annoying As I can only use stuff that’s not scented and is hypoallergenic or sensitive :( so it’s basically ... the ‘simple’ shampoo or head and shoulders as that’s nice and moisturising / sensitive and tbh I use cheap conditioner the Alberto balsam one as it only goes on the ends and my hairs not dry so I’m fine with that! I don’t earn much so unfortunately I don’t pay over £3/£4 ... I took a gamble this time an bought garnier and I’m god damn itchy all over after using it 😭 lol so I’m not very helpful to this thread 😂 sorry for rambling xxx

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I use whatever shampoo is on offer that is right for my hair type, at the moment I'm using an Aldi one for coloured hair but my hairdresser recommended I use Joico intense hydrator because my hair was suffering from years of bleaching. I also use olaplex no. 3. Both products are worth it in my opinion

Sunflower91

VIP Member
My friend just started using the function of beauty shampoo- the one you customise to your hair goals/preferences and her hair looks really good from it.
I didn’t want to spend so much so I tried out Mane n tail and my scalp is much better and my hair is shinier but it’s still pretty dry- but I did kill my hair with bleach.

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
I use L'Oreal Elvive Dream Lengths (Orangy bottle) I've got long fine hair that hasnt been cut for ages and ages it makes my hair feel amazing!
I've used this before and it's great. I'm using Tresemme at the moment, can't wait to get rid of it as it does nothing for my hair

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
I use Wella Luxe oil products, have used them for years. Yes, they are expensive, but they work for my hair and I wouldn’t use anything else now.

Readread

VIP Member
This is not directly true...I don’t care how much I spend on hair products but always look at ingredients. I used to spend over £300 on my hair a month but after dipping in and out of the curly girl method I currently use a £1 shampoo and conditioner that works for me which is sulphate and silicone free... Price doesn’t always mean quality...
Price means quality ingredients, innovation, research. It is directly true that cheap shampoo is full of crap. If it works for you that’s great but the ingredients are terrible.

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
The ones I have are from a plastic free shop local to me. Maybe I need to try a few more until I find one that works for my hair type, I’ve got very thick and straight hair that I only washed every 5 days when I was using Bedhead. I’m so lazy when it comes to hair care!

Khaleesi

I have used all of them and never thought any of them made a difference, one of the girls at work uses Fudge shampoo, totally blonde I think it’s called, purple tube, used it tonight for the first time, amazing! Under a tenner on Amazon, I only wash my hair once a week, I wet it every day and use umberto giannini coconut jelly and scrunch it with a diffuser , it’s a beach wave bob.
Thanks for the recommendation! Tried the fudge clean blonde and wow!! Looks so much brighter (minus the roots) 😂

mcfeez

VIP Member
I alternate a bit and do like to try new things. I love Maui (about £8 a bottle), liked Milkshake when I had more blonde in my hair too. I also recently bought Kerastase to try which is bit more expensive. I love masks and treatments - I really like the garnier banana one which is super reasonable; think I always buy it for around 3 or 4 quid for quite a big tub.

MissyAnon

As little as possible but alot of stuff makes my hair dry, but then greasy at the roots within 2 days soo I've stuck to tresemme for a while as it seems to be alright. When I have more of a disposable income, I'd like to try some more high end stuff.

Diva18

I use olaplex shampoo and conditioner. It works out about £50 for both. They last me about 4 months. My hair was really dried from regular bleach before I started using it and now it’s in great condition so it’s money well spent for me.
where do you buy your Olaplex from?

LT31514

I get mine in the £1 shop so £1 😂😂 I love original vosene and don't use conditioner

Everybody else in the house uses a coconut one with matching conditioner.

Does your hair have any special needs to warrant such expensive shampoo ? Is your hair amazing from using it ?
Absolutely not, i straighten it maybe once a week as it is a bit kinky but for the rest it isn’t dry/frizzy/damaged. I just got stuck with my regular one and realised what an absolute waste of money I think it is 🤦🏻‍♀️

I use wella ivigo shampoo and conditioner (smells gorgeous, and great for hair/ keeping colour fresh)

they come in litre bottles and it’s around the £30 mark for them both.

I only wash my hair a couple of times a week, and I’ve still got some left after buying the last lot in October as you only need a small bit each time

xxx
That’s good to know about the colour as mine is also coloured and I worry about fading