How much do you spend on shampoo and conditioner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’m stuck in a bit of a rut with my shampoo and conditioner and wondering whether I REALLY need the expensive stuff? For reference I currently use bumble and bumble which is over £20 a bottle. I’m trying to be more conscious of spending in corona times and wondering if I should be spending more on better shampoo or a cheap shampoo and expensive conditioner. What works for you all? Home brand? Tell me everything!

So I’m stuck in a bit of a rut with my shampoo and conditioner and wondering whether I REALLY need the expensive stuff? For reference I currently use bumble and bumble which is over £20 a bottle. I’m trying to be more conscious of spending in corona times and wondering if I should be spending more on better shampoo or a cheap shampoo and expensive conditioner. What works for you all? Home brand? Tell me everything!
I use wella ivigo shampoo and conditioner (smells gorgeous, and great for hair/ keeping colour fresh)

they come in litre bottles and it’s around the £30 mark for them both.

I only wash my hair a couple of times a week, and I’ve still got some left after buying the last lot in October as you only need a small bit each time

xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I get mine in the £1 shop so £1 😂😂 I love original vosene and don't use conditioner

Everybody else in the house uses a coconut one with matching conditioner.

Does your hair have any special needs to warrant such expensive shampoo ? Is your hair amazing from using it ?

Reactions: 12
I get mine in the £1 shop so £1 😂😂 I love original vosene and don't use conditioner

Everybody else in the house uses a coconut one with matching conditioner.

Does your hair have any special needs to warrant such expensive shampoo ? Is your hair amazing from using it ?
Absolutely not, i straighten it maybe once a week as it is a bit kinky but for the rest it isn’t dry/frizzy/damaged. I just got stuck with my regular one and realised what an absolute waste of money I think it is 🤦🏻‍♀️

I use wella ivigo shampoo and conditioner (smells gorgeous, and great for hair/ keeping colour fresh)

they come in litre bottles and it’s around the £30 mark for them both.

I only wash my hair a couple of times a week, and I’ve still got some left after buying the last lot in October as you only need a small bit each time

xxx
That’s good to know about the colour as mine is also coloured and I worry about fading

I use Kerastase shampoo and conditioner or Maui Moisture. Kerastase is expensive, about £45 for both. Maui Moisture you can buy in Boots and most supermarkets but it’s still £9 a bottle.

I don’t use sulfates or silicones on my hair so I spend more. You get what you pay for. Cheap shampoo is full of crap

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I use shampoo bars from Lush and really like them. They last ages and smell gorgeous, not too expensive either.

Reactions: 7
I also use the lush bars, they cost around £8 each, and one lasts me around 6 months. Since using them the condition of my hair has improved no end, would highly recommend.
It did take me a few washes to get used to the conditioner bar as my hair is so thick but i wouldn't go back to bottled stuff now.

Reactions: 7
This is probably peak-lockdown, but I've stopped using shampoo and conditioner. I just wash my hair with water now. It's honestly never been healthier & easier to manage. It doesn't stink or get greasy easily, which I was worried about.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I switched to Oribe 6 months ago & in all honesty it's absolutely worth the price tag. The smell is beautiful.

The Gold Lust range has worked wonders is little over £100 for full size shampoo & conditioner. They do smaller sizes too.

I also use the volume shampoo & conditioner which is around £90. I use the maxamista spray. This stuff really works.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I use whatever is on offer when I do my weekly shop 😂 I’m really low maintenance when it comes to my hair tho

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My friend just started using the function of beauty shampoo- the one you customise to your hair goals/preferences and her hair looks really good from it.
I didn’t want to spend so much so I tried out Mane n tail and my scalp is much better and my hair is shinier but it’s still pretty dry- but I did kill my hair with bleach.

Body Shop. Big bottles of shampoo about £9 and conditioner same, then using the hair masque which is about £15 a tub. Normally Do a buy every 3 months and it lasts me the full amount of time. Been using it for best part of 10 years, I am allergic to most standard shampoos. Used to love Elvive as a wee teen, but they changed the formula and it caused such bad allergic reactions I had to take tacrolimus (which is medicine for transplant patients!) to stop my skin reacting to everything it touched.

I’m using Pureology Hydrate at the moment, I got it on offer a few weeks ago I think I was £67 for 1 litre bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I have dyed blonde hair and despite not having it cut or coloured in 6 months due to covid, my hair has never felt in better condition. It was recommended to me by a hairdresser but not one who sells products.

Its SLS free also. Absolutely love it. I initially bought the 250ml bottles to try it, I think the set was £25.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I just use whatever is on offer but I like Aussie and John Freida Frizz Ease. Been using the Frizz Ease hair mask during lockdown which cost £5 and I think it's really good. My hairdresser is always trying to peddle Olapex at me but I can't justify £20+ a bottle on shampoo/conditioner!

I switched to Oribe 6 months ago & in all honesty it's absolutely worth the price tag. The smell is beautiful.

The Gold Lust range has worked wonders is little over £100 for full size shampoo & conditioner. They do smaller sizes too.

I also use the volume shampoo & conditioner which is around £90. I use the maxamista spray. This stuff really works.
£100...... on shampoo?!😲

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Wow I’ve never even heard of some of these! Definitely need to broaden my horizons...

Reactions: 4
£100...... on shampoo?!😲
It is a lot, I know 🙈 Deliberated for months about buying it. My hair was completely wrecked with bleach though dry, tuggy, broken. I tried everything. It's been well worth it as its saved it.

Just to add to I had expected it to take a few washes to notice a difference but it works straight away

I also use the lush bars, they cost around £8 each, and one lasts me around 6 months. Since using them the condition of my hair has improved no end, would highly recommend.
It did take me a few washes to get used to the conditioner bar as my hair is so thick but i wouldn't go back to bottled stuff now.
I will look at these as sound great to reduce plastic waste too

Reactions: 3