How much do you spend on shampoo and conditioner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Curly girl method seems like so much work. I wish I could be bothered haha.
I fully committed to it for well over a year, all my curls literally dropped out to a wave at best when I’ve had tight curls all my life. Washed my hair with cheap shampoo and they all bounced back 🤷‍♀️ Curls are really loving the new routine!

Reactions: 2
I use TIGI Bedhead Urban Antidotes shampoo and conditioner. Can get both 750ml bottles together for £14 online and they last ages. They’re sulphate free and my hair has never felt better since using them.
I love mine too! I'm converted from Mark Hill shampoo that is like £7.50 a bottle for 250ml ... I felt a right mug 😆

I really like Happy Naturals. You can get it from Sainsbury’s for £2.50 when it’s on offer. It’s SLS/paraben free too. I use Fudge purple shampoo every few weeks to get rid of any yellow tones as I have blonde highlights.

Reactions: 1
The bloody cheek of someone judging you. If you want to spend £500 on shampoo then more power to you!!!! People probably think I’m mental for the amount I spend on make up and endless skin care but I couldn’t give a tit. You enjoy your shampoo!!! I love their volumising / texturising spray - I would deffo recommend!!

Back to the question anyhoo. I use Maui anti breakage shampoo, I definitely have noticed a difference in my hair. I’m currently at my mums and have had to emergency use treseme and my hair is SOOOOOOOOOOOO frizzy haha. I’m thinking of getting olaplex shampoo and conditioner for once a week.

Does anyone have any recommendation for hair loss? I’ve noticed a tonne of shedding at the moment - I have PCOS X
I love this 😁 I'd never grudge anyone treating themselves. It's like saying you shouldn't live in a house because people are homeless.
I spend a bit on skin care too. I've not been blessed with immaculate skin or hair, it's part of your overall health so I see it as an investment.
I was using tresseme just there to get the bottle used up and my hair & scalp got bad quickly. Back to the natural albeit expensive hair care for me! I'll slap myself after each lather since I'm such a bad person for buying it if it makes anyone feel better 😂

The Manta brush is good for hair loss too. Hardly any hair comes out when brushing. I'm sure the guy invented it for his wife who was suffering from hair loss.

• Haha
I use morocanoil which costs about £50 for shampoo and conditioner but might switch as the hydrating shampoo is leaving my hair really knotty. My hair is coarse and Olaplex does nothing to it. Hairdressers never believe me but it doesn’t help at all, they just think you’re being tight not wanting to pay X amount extra for it. My salon used morrocanoil and I get a good finish with it but it’s all in the blow dry, clearly 😩 I swear you could use Alberto Balsam on my hair and it would look the same if it’s blown properly.

Who needs a nagging boyfriend who doesn’t understand hair/skincare prices hey, @Bae56 😂 I’m glad you’ve found something that works for you. I’ve spent over a 🐒 on skincare products in lockdown because I felt awful going out barefaced but too depressed to apply some makeup. My skin was clearing up nicely but now I’m too depressed to follow a proper skincare routine!

I love this 😁 I'd never grudge anyone treating themselves. It's like saying you shouldn't live in a house because people are homeless.
I spend a bit on skin care too. I've not been blessed with immaculate skin or hair, it's part of your overall health so I see it as an investment.
I was using tresseme just there to get the bottle used up and my hair & scalp got bad quickly. Back to the natural albeit expensive hair care for me! I'll slap myself after each lather since I'm such a bad person for buying it if it makes anyone feel better 😂

The Manta brush is good for hair loss too. Hardly any hair comes out when brushing. I'm sure the guy invented it for his wife who was suffering from hair loss.
Definitely, I think hair is soooooooo important. If my hair looks tit I feel tit. Honestly try the texturising spray. It smells divine and the packaging is so luxurious haha.

That’s for the tip I’ll look into that!!!!

EDIT- I’ve just looked!! You’re a bloody life saver. It’s an anti static brush and I struggle soooooo bad with static hair!!!!

I usually use Oribe Gold Lust too, I only wash my hair twice a week so it lasts. The smell is absolutely divine.

I have however had to switch to Nioxin, not sure if everything going on the is causing it but my hair has been shedding more than usual.

I usually use Oribe Gold Lust too, I only wash my hair twice a week so it lasts. The smell is absolutely divine.

I have however had to switch to Nioxin, not sure if everything going on the is causing it but my hair has been shedding more than usual.
Love the minty smell of Nioxin.

How have you found nioxin?? I’m having major shedding issues too.

I use morocanoil which costs about £50 for shampoo and conditioner but might switch as the hydrating shampoo is leaving my hair really knotty. My hair is coarse and Olaplex does nothing to it. Hairdressers never believe me but it doesn’t help at all, they just think you’re being tight not wanting to pay X amount extra for it. My salon used morrocanoil and I get a good finish with it but it’s all in the blow dry, clearly 😩 I swear you could use Alberto Balsam on my hair and it would look the same if it’s blown properly.

Who needs a nagging boyfriend who doesn’t understand hair/skincare prices hey, @Bae56 😂 I’m glad you’ve found something that works for you. I’ve spent over a 🐒 on skincare products in lockdown because I felt awful going out barefaced but too depressed to apply some makeup. My skin was clearing up nicely but now I’m too depressed to follow a proper skincare routine!
My hair was full of knots too, especially just after washing until I used Oribe. Yeah you know what works for your own hair!

I'm sorry you're feeling down 😢 it is difficult to feel motivated . Anything you do whether it's have a nice bath or shower, brush your hair. It's all a positive. You can introduce wee bits of your routine here & there until you feel like you just want to go for it ❤ I know it always gives me a wee lift when I've used one of the nice products, even just my good shower gel that I keep by for times in need. You deserve to feel nice 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My hair was full of knots too, especially just after washing until I used Oribe. Yeah you know what works for your own hair!

I'm sorry you're feeling down 😢 it is difficult to feel motivated . Anything you do whether it's have a nice bath or shower, brush your hair. It's all a positive. You can introduce wee bits of your routine here & there until you feel like you just want to go for it ❤ I know it always gives me a wee lift when I've used one of the nice products, even just my good shower gel that I keep by for times in need. You deserve to feel nice 😊
Ahh, thank you, lovely ❤

• Heart
How have you found nioxin?? I’m having major shedding issues too.
it’s working very well for me, I’m using the three step system. However I am also taking Vitabiotics skin and hair supplements to try and help as well. 6 weeks ago I was shedding that much I was so reluctant to wash it as I knew the whole drying and styling would make me shed loads (very traumatic).

@theghosttown I'll definitely put the Oribe spray on my list, thank you. It does smell amazing. I love how the instructions are lather, indulge, rinse. I stand with it in my palms and inhale for a good 10 seconds before applying 😂

The brush is great, I'd definitely recommend.
It's also good of you're prone to an itchy scalp, glide it over the scalp as your brushing.

I've heard great things about Nioxin! I'll need to get it. I was using Capasal from the dr, it didn't only smell horrific but I went back to it recently and it made me worse.

@Flossy2019 quite right, if my hair could cope with £10 shampoo & conditioner I'd get it too 😂

I’ve got bleached hair with extensions and I alternate between Redken purple shampoo & conditioner which are about £15 each and Tigi urban antidotes in the big bottles for around £15 for the 2. My mum works in home bargains though and came home with lots of Umberto Gianni shampoo and conditioners this week which are 99p and 49p each compared to £6.49 each in boots, I’ve tried them today and my hair feels lovely so I may stock up! I use Olaplex once a week too.

it’s working very well for me, I’m using the three step system. However I am also taking Vitabiotics skin and hair supplements to try and help as well. 6 weeks ago I was shedding that much I was so reluctant to wash it as I knew the whole drying and styling would make me shed loads (very traumatic).
You sound identical to me, I wasn’t sure if mine was a side effect of my PCOS Unfortunately I have to wash every day I just get terribly greasy hair. I totally get what you mean about it being traumatic, it’s such a worry. Do you think the supplements help? I have never really known whether to trust them but open to anything to be honest. I’m going to look into this now!!

I use anything by Loreal Elvive - All of them absolutely divine. I have very thick curly hair (which I straighten every single time I wash it every 3 days). My hair has never been damaged or coloured, its my only trait I accept compliments on! I really want to get it coloured but I get so put off with all the horror stories! My sister has been dying her brown hair blonde for the last few years and right now she looks like someone has shat on her head with her blonde roots down to her ears :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3