How much do you spend on shampoo and conditioner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone on here got curly/wavy hair? Ive got really dry split ends from bleaching but greasy roots, wash my hair ebout every 4/5 days and use dry shampoo in between. Ive decided to give up dying my hair, as im going grey , so i either end up with dark roots or obvious grey roots depending on what colour i dye it. Ive always had lovely hair untill recently it just seems to be a bit limp, so any advice in decent products for lovely curls would be much appreciated!

Ill be having a good amount chopped off when i can get in the hair dressers too.

Reactions: 2
Each to their own but I have come to realise that spending lots on shampoo, conditioner, shower gel etc is quite literally money down the drain. Shopping in places like Bodycare also saves some money compared to the likes of Boots

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The Body Shop banana shampoo and conditioner works wonders on my hair.

It isn’t damaged as I’ve never dyed it and rarely use heat, but it can still be fairly dull looking and flat - it’s quite fine but I have a LOT of it!

@Instawhut! Qvc do a rhassoul clay that might be good. It's used as a shampoo. I have naturally limp hair & that really helped. I have scalp psoriasis & it helped that too.

I only get my hair done (coloured) twice a year, I've always trimmed in between myself. Thankfully it looks like they'll be open by the time I'm due back.

• Heart
£100! I'm sorry, but that is mad! Trying to stay off my high horse here, but *whispers* some people are struggling to buy food...

Reactions: 8
Faith in Nature Shampoo & conditioner, it’s usually £5. It doesn’t have a lot of the chemicals, silicones, parabens Etc so I feel ok with all of us (children too) using it. On the lower half of my hair I use the Schwarzkopf pro bonacure repair deep conditioner because my hair is long, fine and splits at the ends. That’s £15 for a salon type bottle.

edit: also another reason we use the faith in nature is we can take it to our local zero waste type shop and have the bottles refilled.

Reactions: 3
£100! I'm sorry, but that is mad! Trying to stay off my high horse here, but *whispers* some people are struggling to buy food...
Thanks for being so judgemental & remaining off that high horse but I saved for that & bought it before the pandemic!!

When you're covered in bald patches because of psoriasis & the rest of your hair is falling off I think you're entitled to spend a bit more to help!
We all have things we can justify spending money on. I cut my own hair & I dont get tans, nails, lashes done. So thanks!

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I switched to Oribe 6 months ago & in all honesty it's absolutely worth the price tag. The smell is beautiful.

The Gold Lust range has worked wonders is little over £100 for full size shampoo & conditioner. They do smaller sizes too.

I also use the volume shampoo & conditioner which is around £90. I use the maxamista spray. This stuff really works.
That’s interesting! I used the Oribe Gold Lust for about 3 months, but had to go back to Olaplex as it was doing absolutely nothing for my hair. Not helping the frizz or the condition at all. Glad it worked for you

@Fudgecakes that's a shame. I was initially going to get the smaller sizes to try it just in case it didn't work.
It has been great, a lot of my hair has grown back too since using it. It's been really kind on my scalp.

@Fudgecakes that's a shame. I was initially going to get the smaller sizes to try it just in case it didn't work.
It has been great, a lot of my hair has grown back too since using it. It's been really kind on my scalp.
I’m so glad it’s helped your hair! ❤ It smells amazing

I use Matrix and wouldn't use anything else. It is expensive at £40 in total, but that's a litre bottle of each which lasts ages.

Personally I don't think you can judge what each person wants to spend their money on. If someone is in a position to pay £100 for a shampoo then that is their choice. You can't expect someone not to spend their money on shampoo just because someone else is struggling to pay for food.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I have highlighted hair and use herbal essences, it's the best I've ever used. My hairdresser actually asked if I was using any of the salon-type as she couldn't believe how excellent condition my hair was in. I also only straighten once a week and try to avoid using heat as much as possible! Think it's only around £2?

Reactions: 7
I have highlighted hair and use herbal essences, it's the best I've ever used. My hairdresser actually asked if I was using any of the salon-type as she couldn't believe how excellent condition my hair was in. I also only straighten once a week and try to avoid using heat as much as possible! Think it's only around £2?
Omg which one do you use please? I have highlighted hair too.

Reactions: 1
I use function of beauty - their 16oz bottles last me around 6 months (I have shorter hair and wash every other day) and I’m a fan of the fact I can personalise it and the scent without the formula being off.. they are a bit more expensive at £39 though

Personally I don't think you can judge what each person wants to spend their money on. If someone is in a position to pay £100 for a shampoo then that is their choice. You can't expect someone not to spend their money on shampoo just because someone else is struggling to pay for food.
Thank you 😊 It's the assumption that you don't help or care about anyone else because you've saved for something expensive.

Reactions: 8
Omg which one do you use please? I have highlighted hair too.
I normally try to use the red one which I think is specific to colored hair but I'm also using the blue one at the moment because that's all I could find in the shop at the time!

I use Aveda and have done for 20+ years.

I usually ask for it for my birthday and Christmas as it lasts ages. If I do have to buy it, I use Look Fantastic for the discounts.