How much do you spend on shampoo and conditioner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not so much if a recommendation but I found the Aussie dry shampoo rubbish. I got a trial size of IGK charcoal & I'm on the fence as to whether it's worth the money, its probably only marginally better than Batiste. The smell is nice but maybe a bit sickly.

Reactions: 2
On a similar note dry shampoo. Any recommendations? Not Batiste 🤢 I saw brad Mondo recommend a foam one but can't remember the name. Just seen pantene do a new foam though
I found the Tesco one pretty good and cheap and don't mind the coco lab ones either and they smell divine

I use olaplex no 4 and 5 (shampoo and conditioner) do do an olaplex treatment once a week.i have a full head bleach,so really try and look after it well! I also love pureology strength cure range too!🙌🏻

Reactions: 1
I’ve got bleached hair with extensions and I alternate between Redken purple shampoo & conditioner which are about £15 each and Tigi urban antidotes in the big bottles for around £15 for the 2. My mum works in home bargains though and came home with lots of Umberto Gianni shampoo and conditioners this week which are 99p and 49p each compared to £6.49 each in boots, I’ve tried them today and my hair feels lovely so I may stock up! I use Olaplex once a week too.
Hi! I’m also bleach blonde and tried so many purple shampoos in between going to the salon and most of them have been rubbish! How is the Redken one? Been wanting to try that one so would love to know someone else’s opinion on it?

Hi! I’m also bleach blonde and tried so many purple shampoos in between going to the salon and most of them have been rubbish! How is the Redken one? Been wanting to try that one so would love to know someone else’s opinion on it?
I have used all of them and never thought any of them made a difference, one of the girls at work uses Fudge shampoo, totally blonde I think it’s called, purple tube, used it tonight for the first time, amazing! Under a tenner on Amazon, I only wash my hair once a week, I wet it every day and use umberto giannini coconut jelly and scrunch it with a diffuser , it’s a beach wave bob.

Agree with Lush bars; great environmentally and I love their wee tins you can get them in. Love taking one to the swimming as well; chlorine really lifts out the hair. Recommend them!

Lush also do good conditioners and treatments.

They do one called R&B - esp good for thick/wavy/natural hair peeps - use as a leave in conditioner. It’s amazing. The tub will last ages as it needs to be used sparingly and... importantly never ever put this near your roots!!! Orrrr your hair will be so lank and greasy feeling you will want to shave it off. 😂 but it’s immense for dry ends.

Olaplex: occasionally get a treatment at the hairdresser and it’s incredible. Bottles for home are about £25 each I believe so pricey. However, I believe they do last ages. I am going to buy the weekly treatment one and keep using my Lush bars as normal.

Shampoos that make me want to chop my hair off and cry:-

Aussie 😭
Treseme (I can feel the lankness just thinking anoint that Satan serum) 💔
Pantene, herbal essences, vosene (massive reaction when I was a kid, blisters and all.🤮)

basically most of the ones down the supermarket aisle.

Not intended in any snobby way; I envy anyone who can use them!! The ££ and ‘mare of a time finding good ones.

So yeah; Lush (most their hair stuff in fairness) and Olaplex.

When I’ve got my hair coloured I like Olaplex or Maria Nila. Absolutely no point paying for awesome colours (purples, reds etc) and using a sulphate laden shampoo. Just strips and dulls the colour right away and leaves hair brittle (well, it does to my mane anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Not so much if a recommendation but I found the Aussie dry shampoo rubbish. I got a trial size of IGK charcoal & I'm on the fence as to whether it's worth the money, its probably only marginally better than Batiste. The smell is nice but maybe a bit sickly.
I hear you. Aussie leaves me hair feeling SO heavy and weighed down with product. Disgusting.

I’m not really into sweet smelling shampoos... attracts wasps and I’m liable to run in front of a f&cking bus trying to get away 😳😳

I have used all of them and never thought any of them made a difference, one of the girls at work uses Fudge shampoo, totally blonde I think it’s called, purple tube, used it tonight for the first time, amazing! Under a tenner on Amazon, I only wash my hair once a week, I wet it every day and use umberto giannini coconut jelly and scrunch it with a diffuser , it’s a beach wave bob.
I am not blonde- naturally very dark with usually dyed hair (purples, red, orange etc) Lush do a purple shampoo called Daddy-O. It is really good. I bought before realising it was for blondes 😂😂 smells really good and was an overall decent shampoo.

Realise I’ve plugged Lush a LOT in my posts here. Not a #ad 😂

Last edited:
Agree with Lush bars; great environmentally and I love their wee tins you can get them in. Love taking one to the swimming as well; chlorine really lifts out the hair. Recommend them!

Lush also do good conditioners and treatments.

They do one called R&B - esp good for thick/wavy/natural hair peeps - use as a leave in conditioner. It’s amazing. The tub will last ages as it needs to be used sparingly and... importantly never ever put this near your roots!!! Orrrr your hair will be so lank and greasy feeling you will want to shave it off. 😂 but it’s immense for dry ends.

Olaplex: occasionally get a treatment at the hairdresser and it’s incredible. Bottles for home are about £25 each I believe so pricey. However, I believe they do last ages. I am going to buy the weekly treatment one and keep using my Lush bars as normal.

Shampoos that make me want to chop my hair off and cry:-

Aussie 😭
Treseme (I can feel the lankness just thinking anoint that Satan serum) 💔
Pantene, herbal essences, vosene (massive reaction when I was a kid, blisters and all.🤮)

basically most of the ones down the supermarket aisle.

Not intended in any snobby way; I envy anyone who can use them!! The ££ and ‘mare of a time finding good ones.

So yeah; Lush (most their hair stuff in fairness) and Olaplex.

When I’ve got my hair coloured I like Olaplex or Maria Nila. Absolutely no point paying for awesome colours (purples, reds etc) and using a sulphate laden shampoo. Just strips and dulls the colour right away and leaves hair brittle (well, it does to my mane anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️)

I hear you. Aussie leaves me hair feeling SO heavy and weighed down with product. Disgusting.

I’m not really into sweet smelling shampoos... attracts wasps and I’m liable to run in front of a f&cking bus trying to get away 😳😳

I am not blonde- naturally very dark with usually dyed hair (purples, red, orange etc) Lush do a purple shampoo called Daddy-O. It is really good. I bought before realising it was for blondes 😂😂 smells really good and was an overall decent shampoo.

Realise I’ve plugged Lush a LOT in my posts here. Not a #ad 😂

Satan serum 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On a similar note dry shampoo. Any recommendations? Not Batiste 🤢 I saw brad Mondo recommend a foam one but can't remember the name. Just seen pantene do a new foam though
I have a few different ones that I like.

Dove has an amazing one although I am not sure if you can get it in the UK?
This Not Your Mother one...expensive but good.
And Garnier has a good one but again not sure if you can get it there.

I'm currently using TiGi urban antidotes number three conditioner. It smells amazing and is ok for a conditioner. Nothing special about it in my opinion but it's a massive bottle and lasts forever.

I like to use sulphate free shampoo however I'm currently using TiGi urban antidotes (blue bottle) shampoo. It has sulphates but I bought it on a whim. I like it, smells nice and lathers really well but once again it's nothing majorly special.

I've used so many branded shampoos and conditioners in the past I've lost count. I generally lean towards sulphate free shampoos nowadays. I try to find conditioners with no silicones too. I'm not particularly in love with one particular brand either, just whatever looks nice!

Oh I have tried OGX and I have found their shampoos are really good. I used the collegen one in the purple bottle and found it lathered really well and made my hair feel good. I'll probably buy it again when I've used up my current TiGi shampoo.

I bought Superdrug's own stuff (the volume one and the brunette one,) and I feel like they do a decent job. I try to use them sparingly, just because I don't want to rely on dry shampoo, so I can't vouch for them day-to-day but the volume one is pretty good if I'm in a rush and need to refresh my hair

I juts use Tresemme, when I dyed my hair I used the colour protect but now I use the keratin smooth (I think it's called) or the 24 hour body. I've tried all sorts of shampoo and conditioner, expensive and cheap and the only one thta doesn't leave my hair heavy and horrible is tresemme so I just stuck to it.

I always wait for a deal in super drug though or get it from Savers cause its usually £5 total for both and they're big 900ml bottles.

Love trying new shampoo and conditioner.
I am using tigi urban antidotes 3 at the moment which I love. Also live tigi blonde godess. Also really like herbal essence hair mask in argan oil, smells amazing.
Always use treseme hair oil after washing or after curling my hair.
And I have the fanola no more yellow shampoo for when my hair is looking a bit brassy.
I've got an appointment for my highlights on 11 July and I cannot wait!!! I hate my roots so much, they are almost down to my eyebrows. Sounds stupid but everytime I am on a teams call for work it's all I look at.

I buy L’Oreal Serie Expert. It’s expensive for the 350ml bottles. I have the original one I got of that from a salon but now buy it in bulk, 1.5L bottles from eBay and top up the small bottle for in the shower. I also have a leave in spray that can be used as a conditioner by the same brand. I do however buy any old £1 conditioner to put in my hair now and again too

Aldi used to do a brilliant one, but they discontinued it (well I assume they did, can't get it in either of my local stores anyway) I use from Lidl now and it's pretty good, not as good as the Aldi one but much better than any of the branded ones. I don't like Batiste at all and wasn't keen on Colab either.

I used to spend a lot on shampoo and conditioner, probably about £30 for both. But lately I've cut back on everything and use Avon it's no worse than the expensive stuff in my opinion. Actually a lot of the Avon things I've tried I've been impressed with.

I used tresemme. I've used it for about three years now. So cheap from b&m for a massive bottle too. I did treat my self to some of that banana hair food. But my hair doesnt really need it.

I like primark shampoo and conditioner - Manuka honey & Moroccan Argan oil. Smells amazing too.
sadly ran out during lockdown :/ so been using one of the ultimate blends one which came across on offer. Anyone on here tried that banana shampoo which has been posted a bit on insta?

I use Kerastase shampoo and conditioner or Maui Moisture. Kerastase is expensive, about £45 for both. Maui Moisture you can buy in Boots and most supermarkets but it’s still £9 a bottle.

I don’t use sulfates or silicones on my hair so I spend more. You get what you pay for. Cheap shampoo is full of crap
Thanks for the reccomendation - I just looked up Maui as I would also like to stop using silicones and sulphates on my hair. It's on offer in Boots atm for £5.99 so I am going to get some 💜

Hey! I used to wash my hair every other day without fail but I’ve turned into a bit of a minger the past year 😫 and it’s more every 3-4 days! I don’t use dry shampoo as it makes my head god damn itchy an makes my eyes feel sore for some reason? Plus I hate the thought of it sitting on my head yucky haha xx anyway I’m sensitive to stuff so it’s really annoying As I can only use stuff that’s not scented and is hypoallergenic or sensitive :( so it’s basically ... the ‘simple’ shampoo or head and shoulders as that’s nice and moisturising / sensitive and tbh I use cheap conditioner the Alberto balsam one as it only goes on the ends and my hairs not dry so I’m fine with that! I don’t earn much so unfortunately I don’t pay over £3/£4 ... I took a gamble this time an bought garnier and I’m god damn itchy all over after using it 😭 lol so I’m not very helpful to this thread 😂 sorry for rambling xxx