Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bae56

£100! I'm sorry, but that is mad! Trying to stay off my high horse here, but *whispers* some people are struggling to buy food...
Thanks for being so judgemental & remaining off that high horse but I saved for that & bought it before the pandemic!!

When you're covered in bald patches because of psoriasis & the rest of your hair is falling off I think you're entitled to spend a bit more to help!
We all have things we can justify spending money on. I cut my own hair & I dont get tans, nails, lashes done. So thanks!

• Heart
Reactions: 64

toffeejelly

I use Matrix and wouldn't use anything else. It is expensive at £40 in total, but that's a litre bottle of each which lasts ages.

£100! I'm sorry, but that is mad! Trying to stay off my high horse here, but *whispers* some people are struggling to buy food...
Personally I don't think you can judge what each person wants to spend their money on. If someone is in a position to pay £100 for a shampoo then that is their choice. You can't expect someone not to spend their money on shampoo just because someone else is struggling to pay for food.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
I switched to Oribe 6 months ago & in all honesty it's absolutely worth the price tag. The smell is beautiful.

The Gold Lust range has worked wonders is little over £100 for full size shampoo & conditioner. They do smaller sizes too.

I also use the volume shampoo & conditioner which is around £90. I use the maxamista spray. This stuff really works.
£100...... on shampoo?!😲

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Each to their own but I have come to realise that spending lots on shampoo, conditioner, shower gel etc is quite literally money down the drain. Shopping in places like Bodycare also saves some money compared to the likes of Boots

• Haha
Reactions: 17

erin182

VIP Member
I use whatever is on offer when I do my weekly shop 😂 I’m really low maintenance when it comes to my hair tho

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Keiffers pipe

I get mine in the £1 shop so £1 😂😂 I love original vosene and don't use conditioner

Everybody else in the house uses a coconut one with matching conditioner.

Does your hair have any special needs to warrant such expensive shampoo ? Is your hair amazing from using it ?

Reactions: 12

Bae56

I switched to Oribe 6 months ago & in all honesty it's absolutely worth the price tag. The smell is beautiful.

The Gold Lust range has worked wonders is little over £100 for full size shampoo & conditioner. They do smaller sizes too.

I also use the volume shampoo & conditioner which is around £90. I use the maxamista spray. This stuff really works.

• Wow
Reactions: 9

Readread

VIP Member
I use Kerastase shampoo and conditioner or Maui Moisture. Kerastase is expensive, about £45 for both. Maui Moisture you can buy in Boots and most supermarkets but it’s still £9 a bottle.

I don’t use sulfates or silicones on my hair so I spend more. You get what you pay for. Cheap shampoo is full of crap

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Bae56

Personally I don't think you can judge what each person wants to spend their money on. If someone is in a position to pay £100 for a shampoo then that is their choice. You can't expect someone not to spend their money on shampoo just because someone else is struggling to pay for food.
Thank you 😊 It's the assumption that you don't help or care about anyone else because you've saved for something expensive.

Reactions: 8

SilentSue

Reactions: 8

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
I use shampoo bars from Lush and really like them. They last ages and smell gorgeous, not too expensive either.

Reactions: 7

Summer0408

I have highlighted hair and use herbal essences, it's the best I've ever used. My hairdresser actually asked if I was using any of the salon-type as she couldn't believe how excellent condition my hair was in. I also only straighten once a week and try to avoid using heat as much as possible! Think it's only around £2?

Jamhead

VIP Member
I also use the lush bars, they cost around £8 each, and one lasts me around 6 months. Since using them the condition of my hair has improved no end, would highly recommend.
It did take me a few washes to get used to the conditioner bar as my hair is so thick but i wouldn't go back to bottled stuff now.

SilentSue

This is probably peak-lockdown, but I've stopped using shampoo and conditioner. I just wash my hair with water now. It's honestly never been healthier & easier to manage. It doesn't stink or get greasy easily, which I was worried about.

• Wow
Reactions: 4