How much do you spend on shampoo and conditioner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like the elvive great lengths shampoo & conditioner. I’ve got long straight hair. Makes it slightly greasier though

I like the elvive great lengths shampoo & conditioner. I’ve got long straight hair. Makes it slightly greasier though
Yes I used to use Elvive shampoo and conditioner but the shampoo felt like it never cleaned my hair so now I use Head and shoulders shampoo and elvive conditioner. I used to use Pantene but they changed it and it made my head itchy. Ive also used Kerastase which I like.

I am currently using L'Oréal Ever Pure which I like, not too expensive, and sulfate free.

I love Davines but $40 is so expensive.

Sometimes I go to Winners (TK Maxx) and they have expensive products for much cheaper.

Yes I used to use Elvive shampoo and conditioner but the shampoo felt like it never cleaned my hair so now I use Head and shoulders shampoo and elvive conditioner. I used to use Pantene but they changed it and it made my head itchy. Ive also used Kerastase which I like.
Pantene made my head itchy! Does the head and shoulders strip colour from your hair?

Reactions: 1
Not much. The most I spend is maybe £2.50 on each. I only spend that on the Aussie stuff which I really like. One of the best conditioners are the Dove ones which are usually £1-£1.50. Shampoos I use any old cheap stuff tbh 😂 I found a knock off in Poundland of the Body Shop Ginger shampoo which I like.

I use Aveda, Davines and Philip Kingsley. I try and rotate them as my hair gets too “used” to products. Tbh I don’t think it would matter what I used atm because it’s not been cut since March and would make no difference to how it sits!

Pantene made my head itchy! Does the head and shoulders strip colour from your hair?
I like the Pantene 2-in-1 ... but I have noticed lately that it's not keeping my hair clean as long. I wonder if they changed the formula somehow.

I use Lush solid shampoo, the ones without sulphates. £8 and last ages. Then I use Aussie conditioner, but need very little as the shampoo is so gentle.

I use loads of different ones, I tried the tropic ones but weren't for me, I do like the body shop banana range, sometimes use wash&go, going to try the lush bars next. I like a vegan one that boots sell but only had it once as too expensive to justify it

I’m currently loving the L’Oréal dream lengths set. Smells amazing and makes my hair soft and sleek. Also a fan of herbal essence 0%
Shampoo for a cleanse once a week or so. I tend to alternate.

I buy a twin pack of TiGi shampoo & conditioner from allbeauty.com for about £13 + postage. They are 750ml bottles and last me forever. I have thick, long, dyed blonde hair too. They don't come with the dispenser pumps but you can get them off ebay for like £3.50 and just keep them.

Reactions: 1
I use TIGI Bedhead Urban Antidotes shampoo and conditioner. Can get both 750ml bottles together for £14 online and they last ages. They’re sulphate free and my hair has never felt better since using them.

Reactions: 2
Thanks for being so judgemental & remaining off that high horse but I saved for that & bought it before the pandemic!!

When you're covered in bald patches because of psoriasis & the rest of your hair is falling off I think you're entitled to spend a bit more to help!
We all have things we can justify spending money on. I cut my own hair & I dont get tans, nails, lashes done. So thanks!
The bloody cheek of someone judging you. If you want to spend £500 on shampoo then more power to you!!!! People probably think I’m mental for the amount I spend on make up and endless skin care but I couldn’t give a tit. You enjoy your shampoo!!! I love their volumising / texturising spray - I would deffo recommend!!

Back to the question anyhoo. I use Maui anti breakage shampoo, I definitely have noticed a difference in my hair. I’m currently at my mums and have had to emergency use treseme and my hair is SOOOOOOOOOOOO frizzy haha. I’m thinking of getting olaplex shampoo and conditioner for once a week.

Does anyone have any recommendation for hair loss? I’ve noticed a tonne of shedding at the moment - I have PCOS X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Currently use the OGX biotin & keratin shampoo and conditioner (About £10 for each on offer at boots), with a occasional olaplex no3 (£26) treatment. If I feel I need a deep condition then I use the Garnier papaya hair masque which is about £3.50 when on offer.

I’ve just stopped doing the curly girl method which is a whole different ballgame🥴

Currently use the OGX biotin & keratin shampoo and conditioner (About £10 for each on offer at boots), with a occasional olaplex no3 (£26) treatment. If I feel I need a deep condition then I use the Garnier papaya hair masque which is about £3.50 when on offer.

I’ve just stopped doing the curly girl method which is a whole different ballgame🥴
Curly girl method seems like so much work. I wish I could be bothered haha.

Reactions: 3

I love that mask, it’s so good.

• Heart
This is probably peak-lockdown, but I've stopped using shampoo and conditioner. I just wash my hair with water now. It's honestly never been healthier & easier to manage. It doesn't stink or get greasy easily, which I was worried about.
Do you mean that you never use shampoo anymore? Like not even once a week??

I’m using Pureology Hydrate at the moment, I got it on offer a few weeks ago I think I was £67 for 1 litre bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I have dyed blonde hair and despite not having it cut or coloured in 6 months due to covid, my hair has never felt in better condition. It was recommended to me by a hairdresser but not one who sells products.

Its SLS free also. Absolutely love it. I initially bought the 250ml bottles to try it, I think the set was £25.
I love love love the pureology shampoo and conditioner. I used to use it and my hair was in great condition but since being on maternity leave I fee like I can’t really afford it so have switched it out for a less expensive alternative. But once I’m back to work I will for sure repurchase it.