How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously I haven't done that job. I'm a television producer. I'm responding to someone who said they were a CEO of a PROPERTY COMPANY and then said "nobody goes into this for the money" 🤣 Sure. Of course, you're working in property management for the GOOD OF THE PEOPLE. Good for you. I'll pray you don't starve on those meagre wages while you carry out your vocation
You were responding to me and I suggest you read my post again because at no point did I say I worked for a ‘property company’. Nor did I complain about the level of salary. Housing Associations are not-for-profit companies with much lower than market rents. With respect I think you have your wires crossed and/or just saw the £80k and didn’t read the rest of the post.

Reactions: 10
Obviously I haven't done that job. I'm a television producer. I'm responding to someone who said they were a CEO of a PROPERTY COMPANY and then said "nobody goes into this for the money" 🤣 Sure. Of course, you're working in property management for the GOOD OF THE PEOPLE. Good for you. I'll pray you don't starve on those meagre wages while you carry out your vocation
No … they didn’t say that at all. They said a social house organisation not a property company- massively different.
Take the chip off your shoulder.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
31k I'm a primary school teacher and have been for 18 years. My school is in debt and someone will be facing redundancy soon....

I'd like to look for something else and I fancy a career change, but I'm not sure what I could change to as teaching is all I'm qualified for and I'm not getting any younger 😅

Reactions: 1
31k I'm a primary school teacher and have been for 18 years. My school is in debt and someone will be facing redundancy soon....

I'd like to look for something else and I fancy a career change, but I'm not sure what I could change to as teaching is all I'm qualified for and I'm not getting any younger 😅
I’m sure you have loads of transferable skills. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Believe✊🏻✊🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I recommend train signalling to anyone looking for a new career- no qualifications needed just transferable non-technical skills! The training is tough and the job itself can be too but it’s rewarding work and you can make a really good salary (I earn 2.5x my basic wage once Sundays, night payment, flexi payment etc is added on).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I recommend train signalling to anyone looking for a new career- no qualifications needed just transferable non-technical skills! The training is tough and the job itself can be too but it’s rewarding work and you can make a really good salary (I earn 2.5x my basic wage once Sundays, night payment, flexi payment etc is added on).
I will certainly look into this, thank you 😊

He's works In property. I know what you mean. He's quite content at the moment but looking to move slightly sideways to commercial as it's quite a good skill to have to be able to bridge the gap between finance and commercial in property.
Yeah, mine is back in FinOps after a stint in Commercial. He really likes it, but Commercial pays far better in his org. That said, he’s just been offered his boss’ maternity cover so fingers crossed it can become a permanent move if he does a good job.

My Husband is looking for a career change. We can't afford for him to go back to university or not have a full time job and he doesn't want to do a degree. He doesn't have a degree. His experience is mainly in customer service and property database management. What are some careers that might suit him where he doesn't need a degree and could potentially train in the job that has decent pay and career progression. He's currently on around average age.

He doesn't want to do sales. He's very quick minded and good at handling a lot of information at once and can flick between tasks easily.

My Husband is looking for a career change. We can't afford for him to go back to university or not have a full time job and he doesn't want to do a degree. He doesn't have a degree. His experience is mainly in customer service and property database management. What are some careers that might suit him where he doesn't need a degree and could potentially train in the job that has decent pay and career progression. He's currently on around average age.

He doesn't want to do sales. He's very quick minded and good at handling a lot of information at once and can flick between tasks easily.
Maybe an analyst role? He might have to do a trainee type post but the NHS are always looking for decent business intelligence people and it sounds like he might be able to pick it up?

Maybe an analyst role? He might have to do a trainee type post but the NHS are always looking for decent business intelligence people and it sounds like he might be able to pick it up?
I think he'd make a great analyst. It's how his brain works and where his strength lies. He's got a bit too comfortable where he is but there's no real progression for him and he knows he needs to move in. I think he's a bit scared to be honest of making the jump and pushing himself. It's one of my biggest frustrations. He's so capable and intelligent but has no confidence career wise to go for it!

I don’t know where you are based but certainly in Scotland we are crying out for new blood in the social housing sector. You hubby on the face of it has a skill set that would lend itself to several roles in our sector. The pay and conditions are pretty good generally in Scotland but slightly less so in England.

Everything that’s wrong with wages/NHS. Our large doctors practice, 30,000 patients, is looking for a lead administrator with real responsibility for 4 other staff, liaising with patients, clinicians, other hospitals & departments, IT, telephony. It’s been vacant for months, leading to chronic issues for patients wanting to contact and access the practice. They’re paying £10.60 an hour for 37 hours. You can get more working at Lidl. Almost all the GPs are on a 4 day week and the admin staff pick up the slack. Our health pays.
As someone who was lead receptionist for a GP practice with a similar number of patients, I can say it is absolutely not worth the stress. Being shouted at by patients for things that aren’t your fault is the main one. But there is a lot of stuff that goes into that role for such awful money. I’m so glad my husband now earns a decent wage and I can stay at home looking after my kids.

Reactions: 3
I don’t know where you are based but certainly in Scotland we are crying out for new blood in the social housing sector. You hubby on the face of it has a skill set that would lend itself to several roles in our sector. The pay and conditions are pretty good generally in Scotland but slightly less so in England.
Ah boo, we are down South.

Is 4% a good pay rise? The company has had its best year yet, and it's been my first year in a managerial position.

Is 4% a good pay rise? The company has had its best year yet, and it's been my first year in a managerial position.
No we received 5% plus a bonus as standard this year, and I wouldn’t say we had a great year

We just went through a pay restructure and I got around a 6% increase. Admittedly I'd been promoted in February and because of this I was moved to the bottom of the next grade and therefore was eligible for an increase. If I'd stayed in my old role I wouldn't have gotten anything. I'll also get the annual uplift come August and that's around 2% and will have an inflationary uplift included on top of that. I work in the public sector so not like we're a "for profit" company.

Our company had a flatline year and I got 5.2% plus 2/3 of the standard bonus. However, in my partners company they got 2% because they have literally zero cash to give.

Many companies can't afford 10% pay rises this year but if they have had their best year yet then they need to be above inflation

My company gave 3% this year for a payrise. Massively below inflation rates however im still grateful as I’ve worked for companies who never uplifted workers wages.

Also feeling very proud - when this thread originally started during one of the original lockdowns I was on 26K, I now earn 52k 🥳

With the same company, within the same team but I’ve developed through the ranks. Mostly dare I say it due to the positive effect covid had on our industry.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21