How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was in marketing.. then got fired from my first job after a month and a half.. lol off topic but any advice?
I’m currently starting my career in marketing and didn’t realise how high stress it was. I’m scraping through and no one has had any problems (just had my 3 month review and nothing was brought up) but I could also do with advice on how to survive lol

Just got a new job as an accountant on £68k plus 10% bonus. Pay raise of 8k so happy with that. I'm 30 and about where I want to be money wise. Basically the most money I can earn with the least amount of responsibility. New role has no management responsibilities whereas I managed a team of 3 now.

Bf is 36 and earns 80k plus 20% bonus as a finance manager.
What kind of finance manager is your bf? My husband is on £58k for a telco and struggling to figure out next steps.

I’m currently starting my career in marketing and didn’t realise how high stress it was. I’m scraping through and no one has had any problems (just had my 3 month review and nothing was brought up) but I could also do with advice on how to survive lol
I personally got laid off because I was working at a small startup that needed more money to properly pay someone more experienced. Essentially they needed someone with more experience but the pay didn't match when they hired me so they corrected their mistake. My advice? avoid startups if possible, that place gave me so much stress

• Heart
Reactions: 2
What kind of finance manager is your bf? My husband is on £58k for a telco and struggling to figure out next steps.
He's works In property. I know what you mean. He's quite content at the moment but looking to move slightly sideways to commercial as it's quite a good skill to have to be able to bridge the gap between finance and commercial in property.

Just got a new job as an accountant on £68k plus 10% bonus. Pay raise of 8k so happy with that. I'm 30 and about where I want to be money wise. Basically the most money I can earn with the least amount of responsibility. New role has no management responsibilities whereas I managed a team of 3 now.

Bf is 36 and earns 80k plus 20% bonus as a finance manager.
Hey, thanks for sharing - what industries do you both work in?
I’m 30 and am a finance manager at 62k in the retail sector but tbf I don’t have to manage anyone formally

Teaching for 5 years, £45k a year. Love it still and I know I am more fortunate than others but would rather be earning more.

Reactions: 1
I was in marketing.. then got fired from my first job after a month and a half.. lol off topic but any advice?
i am in digital marketing, if you are wanting to go back. I would learn all the new things that have changed since you left. Go round small agencies , lots of remote positions available. Lots of people on Linkedin are hiring, throw some messages out. I’m down south and quite A few jobs going.
---
What kind of marketing are you in? Im in digital marketing, have around 3 years experience. It’s tough but find the right place for you and your love it!

i am in digital marketing, if you are wanting to go back. I would learn all the new things that have changed since you left. Go round small agencies , lots of remote positions available. Lots of people on Linkedin are hiring, throw some messages out. I’m down south and quite A few jobs going.
---

What kind of marketing are you in? Im in digital marketing, have around 3 years experience. It’s tough but find the right place for you and your love it!
digital here too! Mainly social media but also helping with event management if and when needed. I’m not trained or educated in marketing at all - I’m just good at social media so I feel like I’m way behind everyone in my office. I think I just need to feel more confident in speaking up when I struggle really.

New member here. This is a really interesting thread. I’m in Scotland and the chief executive of a small social landlord. Nobody goes into that game for the money really tbh and I ‘only’ earn around £80k, which isn’t fantastic for the responsibility it carries.

• Haha
Hey, thanks for sharing - what industries do you both work in?
I’m 30 and am a finance manager at 62k in the retail sector but tbf I don’t have to manage anyone formally
I work in software and he works in property. Yes iv done my time managing I think 🤣. I would love to change industry as not the most exciting but the pay is good.

---

Hey yeah got laid off last thursday and I started sending out my cv right when I got home. I'm in a specific region of my country, should I just send out my cv to remote positions in other regions? Hopefully now that I have some sort of post internship experience someone will hire me again

I work in software and he works in property. Yes iv done my time managing I think 🤣. I would love to change industry as not the most exciting but the pay is good.
Any tips for how to get into software? I'm currently debating moving into the tech world but I'm worried I'll have to take a huge pay cut (which I cannot afford to do lol ) so any tips on things to do training wise?

Any tips for how to get into software? I'm currently debating moving into the tech world but I'm worried I'll have to take a huge pay cut (which I cannot afford to do lol ) so any tips on things to do training wise?
I didn't really do any specific type of training but I do have lots of experience with different types of data. They also appreciated being able to create macros. This helps with the different software data. Also advanced Excel skills. That's always come up in interviews. Businesses that buy software companies are the most interesting as you get acquisition/merger experience too.

Personally iv always wanted to work in the NHS but the pay cut is not an option!

Good luck!

• Heart
Hey yeah got laid off last thursday and I started sending out my cv right when I got home. I'm in a specific region of my country, should I just send out my cv to remote positions in other regions? Hopefully now that I have some sort of post internship experience someone will hire me again
yeah hundred percent , we’re very down south and we have people all over the country working for us and we’re only a small agency.
---
digital here too! Mainly social media but also helping with event management if and when needed. I’m not trained or educated in marketing at all - I’m just good at social media so I feel like I’m way behind everyone in my office. I think I just need to feel more confident in speaking up when I struggle really.
I went into it with no experience at all. Just trained on the job. There are loads google skill shop learning tools you can do. Try these and im
Sure Your confidence will grow

New member here. This is a really interesting thread. I’m in Scotland and the chief executive of a small social landlord. Nobody goes into that game for the money really tbh and I ‘only’ earn around £80k, which isn’t fantastic for the responsibility it carries.
duck off £80k isn't fantastic 🤣 I've worked in television for ten years and I barely anyone I know is even near that much money. Try living in London, working a fifty hour week and earning £25k and tell me again £80k "isn't fantastic".

• Wow
Reactions: 9
duck off £80k isn't fantastic 🤣 I've worked in television for ten years and I barely anyone I know is even near that much money. Try living in London, working a fifty hour week and earning £25k and tell me again £80k "isn't fantastic".
Don’t worry, I’m convinced people just write tit like that to piss people off

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Don’t worry, I’m convinced people just write tit like that to piss people off
Not sure if we read the same post but they have said it isn’t fantastic for a chief executive role, which it isn’t. Unsure why that would piss people off. No one suggested it wasn’t a good salary when compared to the uk average.

Reactions: 14
The OP is a CEO …That role carries a huge weight of responsibility for all aspects of the organisation. In many commercial organisations £80k is a middle management salary. No one is saying it’s not a good salary but in no way is it appropriate for the pressure and accountability of the CEO role.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Not sure if we read the same post but they have said it isn’t fantastic for a chief executive role, which it isn’t. Unsure why that would piss people off. No one suggested it wasn’t a good salary when compared to the uk average.
The OP is a CEO …That role carries a huge weight of responsibility for all aspects of the organisation. In many commercial organisations £80k is a middle management salary. No one is saying it’s not a good salary but in no way is it appropriate for the pressure and accountability of the CEO role.
Yes this was the point. Anyone who thinks £80k is a fantastic salary for running a multi million pound turnover organisation has clearly never done that job.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes this was the point. Anyone who thinks £80k is a fantastic salary for running a multi million pound turnover organisation has clearly never done that job.
Obviously I haven't done that job. I'm a television producer. I'm responding to someone who said they were a CEO of a PROPERTY COMPANY and then said "nobody goes into this for the money" 🤣 Sure. Of course, you're working in property management for the GOOD OF THE PEOPLE. Good for you. I'll pray you don't starve on those meagre wages while you carry out your vocation

• Haha
Reactions: 2